RIP Spell market

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zeklia, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Raytheon Augur

The SPELL economy is wrecked. There is a lot more to the economy than just spells. Spell economy would have flattened out over the next few weeks/months anyway. All this did was accelerate it and really really really hit some /barter folks hard.
  2. Gnog Elder

I see now. In that case, daaaaamn this is a big one.
  3. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

Druids and shaman get hosed on this deal, still missing our group replentishment spells and our Rez spell (Incarnate Anew)
  4. Machen New Member

A whole ton of plat just traded hands from people who were legitimately using barter as part of the economy to buy/sell stuff, to people who just exploited what everyone knows was an unintentional mistake. I'd say a bit more was wrecked than just the spell economy.
  5. Machen New Member

Gotta admit I went straight to check on Incarnate Anew (and puma!) Not really hosed though, they shouldn't be in for a long while yet.
  6. Raytheon Augur

Illegitimate transfers of the ownership of plat does not materially affect the larger economy, aside from the participants in the spell economy. People buying/selling tradeskill mats, droppable gear, etc... were largely unaffected by this. Not completely, but largely.
  7. C3lowz Augur

Not sure how I feel about this.

For 1 I am happy we got all of our 61-64 spells (Seeems 65 are still Glyph only?) but then I am a bit ticked I spent 40k on just 3 spells /Eyetwitch. And a bit of a bummer that Partchments are no longer worth farming for. I spent 10k on getting my BoT medallions, got in a group for a few hours got a few partchments so was happy for that, but now there is little need to go there anymore.
  8. Machen New Member

Any time huge amounts of plat move around due to an exploit, it affects the larger economy. Depending on how much was actually transferred via barter, it sure will affect things like krono prices, gear prices, etc.
  9. Raytheon Augur

All that being said, do those of you favoring a rollback think they even have the ability to distinguish between spells that were obtained via vendor purchase vs. spells that were bought in the bazaar, obtained through turn-ins, or even bought from vendors via people that accidentally vendored them? I don't think they do. Don't hold your breath on a rollback.
  10. AgentofChange Augur

Just leave them in at this point imo
  11. Machen New Member

They would have to do a full server rollback. It would be too much of a mess to try to untangle it otherwise.
  12. Raytheon Augur

Large amounts of plat entering or leaving the economy have a significant impact. Large transfers of the ownership of already-existing plat has minimal impact. (well, except to the /barter people who lost it LOL)
  13. Chubba bubba Journeyman

Can we just release LDoN already?
  14. Gnog Elder

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I totally disagree with this. A huge segment of the Phinigel population gets their gear from raids and does not participate in the tradeskill or gear economy. The spell economy would have been the biggest and most active economy in this expansion. Now it is wrecked.
    Derpfest likes this.
  15. Kiani Augur

I think that's why people suggested a roll back - take the whole server back to the point at which PoK was repopped.... Not sure whether they can do that though, but that's how you'd want to do it...
  16. nagash101 Augur

Well shoot if you are just going to leave all those spells in can you make it so spell researchers can make all the raid dropped spells again? At least add ALL the previous Expacs spells to a Vendor.
  17. Chubba bubba Journeyman

Ngreth, be honest, you did this to get everyone of the whole /pick thing didn't you? Distractions!
  18. Raytheon Augur

False Flagging Run!
  19. Mashef Augur

People that use /barter complaining about out of era stuff entering the game is the pot calling the kettle black. If you don't like out of era stuff don't use /barter!
  20. nagash101 Augur

No it was a mistake like the /pick changes.