Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I'd like to see a <5s parse of an SK hitting HT, LT, TL, tyvl's, zombie, carmine, first spire, twincasted dicho fang, and lacerating with full adps running along with auto attack and all procs firing and every ability critting, please! #opaf
  2. Valik New Member

Your kidding right... 160 second parse? Lmfao.. try sustained over an event not hitting zanfi monkey ironfist dicho crane and fang for 2.5 minuets. Thanks sojero thatvis what i was insinuating, didnt think i meeded to specify a sustained parse oxver x minuets while the moo is at its highest point
  3. Vdidar Augur

Numbers mean nothing with no context.... where have i heard that before????
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

340K IN 119s makes baby jesus cry, someone needs to clean up their burn order
  5. Xanathol Augur

Given the topic and the various numbers tossed around, really you should clarify it. As for that war parse, hadn't folks already said something about rampage and other things? I don't have it handy and don't care enough to dig it back up.
  6. Valik New Member

i concur sir. Poor baby jesus
  7. Murphy Elder

You know what else makes baby jesus cry? Sh#t posters who are doing nothing more than stirring the pot to get nerfs without any other end in mind than to get nerfs as a form of greifing. Go play Eve if you need to grief people.
    Xeladom, Sheex and Khat_Nip like this.
  8. fransisco Augur

really all the stances need to go.
    That or remove weapon mastery completely.
  9. Bamkan Augur

Did he post a parse?

The only thing I saw he said that a Warrior in his raid did 350k DPS.
    Further on, he then stated that this was for a 3.5min period, which he calls "sustained".

I would be extremely surprised if that got the Warrior 2nd on the parse. Considering other guild monks are doing 300k+ over a 3min period.
    And the only parse that fits the duration and timing is Incarnate Droga - which in itself diminishes the ability to maximise on hybrids/casters.

If he did post the parse, then we could more accurately see where the Warrior sits in relation to the others (by my calculations, the Warrior wouldn't even have been in the top 10).
  10. Cicelee Augur

I remember in the year 2000 when people played Everquest because it was Everquest. When it was a fun game, where you picked a class that you thought was cool, and you just went and did things.

Gamparse ruined everything.
  11. Natal Augur

No. What this thread is about is taking situations that don't apply 99% of the time and then calling for a general nerf. What about the other 99% of the time? Are tanks supposed to be unable to contribute at all then? What about group play, where these BS arguments don't apply at all? Should tanks be nerfed there as well? Most raiding guilds are starved of warriors from my experience, they are NOT being put in dps groups because they are NEEDED in tank groups ffs.

Be honest about it. If you want to nerf people/abilities, go after the classes that do the enhancing, because they are the ones that cause it, not the tanks.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. sojero One hit wonder

Did i just hear a nerf bards.... Sir there is a whole other thread that disagrees.
  13. segap Augur

We had Kitty's Parse back then.
  14. Piemastaj Augur

Actually, it shows flaws in game design and players.

It isn't a programs fault that Developers can not balance things properly. Its also not a programs fault that people choose to play their class poorly when there are so many guides out there that provide useful information on how to DPs properly for your class.

All of these threads boil down to is the developers showing a clear lack of insight into how classes are played.
  15. Valik New Member

If adps were to be nerfed we would be no better off then we are now since melee DPS would also suffer n still parse much lower then warrs.. how would that be a fix.
  16. Millianna Augur

Good luck with the crusade to remove both stances.
  17. Maedhros High King

That youre actually arguing that tanks are not also even more overpowered in group situations is kinda hilarious.

The second part, about adps being the problem... are you kidding me?
    If a monk and warrior are in the exact same group with the exact same adps and the warrior doubles the monks dps, youre saying thats the adps's fault? /boggle
  18. Millianna Augur

A casual group geared tank is not OP in current group content.
  19. Vdidar Augur

Lol.......
  20. Maedhros High King

I searched around on Magelo for about 30 seconds to find this profile of a warrior in full T2 group armor.
    https://eq.magelo.com/profile/3032257
    Pretty decent set of augs and his or her stats are ahead of many of the fully TBM raid geared toons I see listed farther down the list.
    Get the heck out of here, complaining about being a group geared tank in EOK is a pretty pathetic argument.