Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Vanlaven Elder

No class should be among the best in 2 categories (tanking, dpsing, healing). Thats not saying that a tank should not be able to sacrifice some of their durability to increase their dps to more helpful lvls, but they should never be able to compete against top tier dps.

Can rogues or wizards adopt a defensive stance allowing them to compete with warrior tanking? No and I dont think they should.

Doesnt matter though because no way devs buy into the silly argument that tanks should be that way. If it was done on purpose (and I highly doubt it) i would almost bet it was not remotely in the interest of any balance and done to make them op deliberately to bolster tank populations.

Like i said though, i highly doubt it. Most likely just an oversight that will get corrected.
  2. Millianna Augur

There's nothing wrong with tank DPS, besides turning a few AOE abilities. Most MMOs have secondary abilities. An enchanter has CC abilities, a druid has nukes and ports, and so forth. The idea that tanks cannot have one is stupid. The only thing a tank DPS nerf will is stop tank molo and keep small raid guilds fro raiding.
  3. Vdidar Augur

You just keep believing in that.
  4. Maedhros High King

This is incredibly inaccurate.
    Warriors are topping parses whether there are adds or not.
    Ae abilities have been pretty well neutered in the last few years, its not like pre-nerf Furious rampage is still going on.
    Again, I have no problem with this, but accuracy is important.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. Millianna Augur

The title of this thread violates section 3 of forum rules. furthermore, the contents of this thread is primarily derogatory in nature. I humbly request a GM to clean or lock this thread.
  6. Piemastaj Augur

Sounds a lot like defeat.

Although with the boosting of DoT classes, balance has pretty much gone off the map with this expansion. Pretty much any DPS class that is hurting atm won't be looked at because they are too busy trying to adjust DoT classes. Not that DoTs didn't need to be adjusted, just mid-expansion is a really awful time to give giant increases to classes. Like a lot of what has changed in the last few months, this stuff should be brought out in Beta where there is time to adjust for it or boost other classes to compensate.

There are quite a few classes that are probably doing things they should not be doing in regards to DPS. Would be kind of nice to have some sort of balance among DPS, but it seems like we wont be seeing that until maybe September or October with a new expansion.
    Vdidar likes this.
  7. Vrinda Augur

Even if RadarX cleans/locks/deletes this thread, the problem of having tanks out-dps the dps classes when provided exactly the same adps support is not going to just vanish with the thread.

Whether the solution is adjusting twelve classes up or adjusting tank classes plus zerkers down is almost beside the point. Some adjustment needs to be made for the health of the game.
  8. fransisco Augur

The anger at warriors being able to outburn mages has nothing do revenge. Its simply evident of the fact that warriors like berzerkers are overpowered.
  9. Millianna Augur

There is no defeat - try making constructive post instead of personal atacks.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Good dps still blow good tanks away. Bad dps is bad dps. I'm sorry that some players are bad.
    Bad tanks still explode when the mob looks at them. We aren't talking about giving them a boost so they don't die when the mob looks at them.
    Xanathol likes this.
  11. Maedhros High King

If you are put into the same dps group as any other melee dps class you should be able to outdps anyone but the best berserkers right now. Simply because you arent seeing these results doesnt mean they arent happening.
    I think in this statement you are trying to insinuate that the people making the comments that tank dps is too high, are simply in guilds with poor melee dps.
    My rebuttal is that perhaps your tanks are just not very good at dps or they havent been put into the good adps groups and given the chance to try it.
    Before you get all offended, ask to be put into a top adps group and dont bs it for the sake of your argument, and if you still think tank dps is not outrageous lemme know.
  12. Bamkan Augur

I don't think it's outrageous :)
  13. Critts Augur

You know a wizard can't put up these numbers with a group of adps
  14. p2aa Augur

Who cares that a few raiding guilds in EQ, of how many EQ raiding guilds, are often putting warriors in melee dps group when tanks are in tanks groups in 99 % of raiding guilds ?
    Do what you want in your guild, but you aren't entitled to dictate your results to nerf classes.
    Also, those that do it stop targettting warriors only, knights classes are doing same DPS output than warriors.
  15. Vdidar Augur

This is factually incorrect.
  16. Vdidar Augur

Still waiting on your honest constructive post that isn't a flat out denial of the problem at hand....
  17. seber Augur

I don't see any Problem atm if ranger can tank 3 mobs at time why cant SK war DPS ???
    other a lot DPS just suck play there class ?
  18. Fintank Augur

So did everyone forget the Warrior parse that Drogba included in his "famous" SK post? Where the Warrior was 2nd only to a Berserker. But you know RoI has bad DPS, definitely not the most DPS of any guild in the game. Because bad DPS is the secret key to winning 8 expansions in a row right? (Might be 9 now, counting is hard)

Anyone who is a Warrior and denies their DPS atm is excessive is in the wrong. Just because you don't pair things correctly or do it right doesn't change things. You can disagree that it doesn't need to be nerfed because you feel entitled to it or whatever the case is but that doesn't change parse data.
    For everyone using the argument of "not usual groups" etc, this means nothing. You don't parse with no adps against say a Ranger with full adps and then say it's fine. Equal conditions have to be met to compare anything ACCURATELY. In the same conditions a Tank should never beat a DPS class, end of story. (Except in the event of an afk auto-attack Frank)
  19. Vdidar Augur

We don't use apples to apples for tanks. It doesn't accurately portray anything. If you don't believe me just ask them again.
  20. Millianna Augur

There's nothing wrong with SK DPS in grouping situations. Requesting the removal of tank stance based data that is primarily an outlier is what the problem here is. A DPS tank nerf is only going hurt casuals and casual guilds. For most raiders, it will be businesses as usual- steamrolling content.