Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. MagePower New Member

O.M.G

OP's post is actually a hazing ritual challenge for trialing with RoI.
    I guess the objective is to get everyone to hate you, so you'll maintain RoI loyalty. Ingenious!

Good luck with the app Fintank. Sorry for your loss Maedros.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Um, not sure what your post had to do with what you quoted.

But the OP apped to RoI on a shaman then bailed in the night like the Baltimore Colts to take strats back to his old guild, so I'm sure Maedros is happy with him.
  3. Maedhros High King

You guys must get your information from an alternative facts website.
  4. Fintank Augur

Incorrect x2! Unless sharing Gina triggers that say run away and knowing the emotes is a strat. To me a strat is showing someone exact specifics of who/what should take care of this/that and position this here and that there, which I did not do. If just sharing emote triggers and saying which mob casts what is sharing strats I will concede to that claim! Even on the trigger front around half the triggers were edited and I did not have full triggers for events as all I needed at the time were the "Run away stupid" ones. In the end you will just believe what you choose to believe regardless of what I've said and I accept that, but never call me a shaman again! ;P
  5. Sikanle Lorekeeper

Can't believe I am stooping to respond to a pure troll but the point is, even with full support, melee DPS aren't keeping up with this 290k DPS for 15 minutes. (Except maybe a Zerker).

You are straight up lying if you say your DPS classes can do 290k DPS for 15 minutes, they can't.
    It is not "bad" DPS players, it is literally not possible to put out these numbers on mnk, rog, bst, mage, wiz, etc....

So why the hell would you not put a tank in a DPS group when they can do double what anyone else in that group can do?
  6. Sikanle Lorekeeper

Somehow my SK can tank a named and 3+ adds in Chardok while using 2hander and 1 healer merc, and simultaneously out DPSing the rest of the group.

Enough with the "riposte triples your DPS" BS because you only riposte 3-4% of group content attacks. So you get 1 extra round on the mob for every 25-30 mob swings, that's hardly going to make the difference. And most of the example parses, the tank is not tanking anyway.

And my Monk DPS while tanking with 2hander still doesn't come close to my SK DPS while tanking with 2hander, even with the "uber ripostes" on the Monk.

Not to mention my SK can tank most of the T1/T2 RAID ADDS with a 2hander. I usually don't because it lowers survivability, but it's not very hard to do...
    Vrinda and fransisco like this.
  7. Drogba Augur

[BUMP]

..what? I can't think of anything to say that hasn't been already said. Zaknaffein's badass parse says it all!
  8. p2aa Augur

What has been your positive contribution in these forums ? Apart posting some open calls to nerf classes, you do nothing else. That must be terrible to feel enjoyment asking to nerf people, I blame you really. I don't know why this thread hasn't been closed yet, because it's against the forum rules. But it will be closed someday, like the thread you did yourself.
    Drogba likes this.
  9. Shavin Journeyman

aye, entirely agree wtih p2aa, this thread must be closed.
  10. fransisco Augur

Nerfs in general aren't as terrible as people make out.
    When 1-3 classes are overshadowing all other classes, nerfs are the reasonable solution.
  11. Millianna Augur

This thread violates the forum policy. The only thing a DPS nerf hurts is a tank's ability to molo and small raid forces. I don't care if you want to change AoE dps, but a tanks DPS is just fine. It's not my problem that people with raid gear destroy content. If DB doesn't want that, then change that aspect of the game. There is no reason to ruin everyone's experience because of a few outliers causing problems.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. fransisco Augur

Of course a tank thinks their dps shouldn't be lowered.
    Its not against any policy to point out broken problems.
    The broken problem is that tanks have dps = dps classes. This needs to be fixed.
    Vrinda likes this.
  13. Natal Augur

I guess that is why when my guild raids tanks feature in the top dps for raid parses....never.

Because their dps is so high.

Right.

I would like to know how you can sustainably do 400k dps (answer: you can't, and you know that damned well). The only way something like that is feasible is mass tanking very low level trivial mobs that basically can't damage you and relying on ripostes to do the damage. That is NOT dps.

My guess is that you are mass pulling trivial mobs with a wurmslayer equipped, and are using the permanent rune to protect yourself while using the big hits from ripostes to kill the mobs. That is an extremely specialized scenario that will only work on trivial mobs from old content, not on anything from more recent expansions.
  14. Sancus Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-dps-nerf-required.238404/page-2#post-3506293
    gotwar likes this.
  15. Natal Augur

Which proves my point that he is talking about an extremely specialized situation, that is not even remotely typical of normal dps, and then calling for a general nerf of tanks. The argument is disingenuous in the extreme.

In that particular video it is not the warrior that is broken, it is the abilities of OTHER classes which are inappropriate (in particular, the ability to enhance other classes dps). The dps in question is not coming from the warrior, but is in fact non-attributed dps stemming from the actions of other classes in the group, and rightfully is due to THEM, not the warrior as a non-critical examination of raw parses might suggest.

This is no different from the scenario I pointed out earlier, where someone can fake dps by mass killing trivial mobs using ripostes.
  16. Maedhros High King

Do you even understand how EQ works?
    Adps is directly related to the potential dps a player can produce yes... we all know that and it is never in question that good players that are put in good groups with alot of adps can produce fantastic parses.

What this thread is trying to examine is that when a well played warrior is put in a good adps group there are no other classes that are beating them on parses except elite berserkers.

If I put Zaknaffein or Fintank or Zippzap in a dps group for an event I can pretty much guarantee they will be in the top 2 or 3 on a parse and most likely top it if one of my top berserkers isnt online.
    Before anyone starts saying some of the really stupid things like "your other dps classes must suck" you can all watch twitch and see that our dps across the board is pretty exceptional and there are certainly no more than a few guilds in the game that can produce better total dps than us.

I personally have no problem at all that elite tanks can burn so well, we have all seen the pendulum swing and most classes have been able to claim being the flavor of the month at some point in the past where they were clearly over powered. Casters in TDS were way more powerful than anyone elses dps, knights in VOA were pretty OP... monks... well ya monks have never been OP but thanks for still playing!

I am also without a shadow of doubt totally sure that warriors in particular are unbelievable OP when it comes to dps right now, I just get amused by it rather than upset.

We have queen open again tonite, our first raid at 730pm est. I will put my top berserker in a good adps group with Zaknaffein and myself and we'll see how the dps plays out..
    Like I said, if he doesnt pull agro and die (which is the only real risk) I can pretty much guarantee Zak will pull a top 2 or 3 on the parse.
    Feel free to watch Zaks twitch and bring the popcorn!

[IMG]
    IblisTheMage, Bamkan and Drogba like this.
  17. Vanlaven Elder

Pretty sure the dps they are comparing thier parse to also have adps. The propper comparison would always be maximum possible dps with full support.
  18. Kunon Augur

I guess you're going with the tanks (Warriors in this case) with aDPS shouldn't be compared with DPS classes with similar aDPS argument.

That of course goes hand in hand with the argument that you can not compare tanks (Warrior) w/out aDPS to DPS w/out aDPS too.

Imagine if they dropped the Rogue and Monk from that group and gave him a Zerker and Ranger. Then it would have been all sorts of inappropriate aDPS and pushed him closer to 350K.

Still waiting to see parses from guilds with "good" monks, rogues, rangers, etc etc that blow away that warrior parse of 290K at 12 minutes with similar aDPS.
    IblisTheMage, Drogba and Vdidar like this.
  19. Vdidar Augur

Just stop it. Reason has no place itt.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Most of the logic thrown around seems to originate from back during the pet nerfs, when a lot of tanks said Mages shouldn't be able to pet tank *and* dps balls to the wall at the same time, when most classes (like the tanks themselves), could only reliably do one of those things.

Now that the situation is sorta-reversed, the gleeful are out in force saying, "Two can pray this game ^ . ^! Took err jerbs!"

It's a fun cycle (no, not really).