Marketplace : Time Left

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eanelder, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Eanelder Augur

Can't help but notice a bunch of Marketplace items , that are NOT seasonal and NOT on sale, have the Time Left counter going.

Are these items leaving the marketplace when the time left expires?

Items range from ornaments, illusions, housing items ... some of which are nice to have access to when creating alts, or starting new projects.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Its just a normal manipulation technique, they don't want you to approach the deals rationally and think the deals through before you buy, they earn more money if you make rash and impulsive decisions on the market place.:p

Their approach says a lot about how they view their customers...and their own deals...:rolleyes:
  3. Roshen Brand Manager

Yes. The items with timers will go going into the vault once those timers expire.

In addition, starting on Monday we'll be placing each of these items on sale for 50% off.

I made a post here, so this doesn't get missed: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-marketplace-items-before-theyre-gone.238542/
  4. Eanelder Augur

Hopefully this is to make room for new items ... its been quite a while since we've seen anything.

Also, some sort of cycle, or promotional period when Vault items become available again would be appreciated. I know there are several "Bristilbane's Toy Box" (sp?) items that haven shown up in the market place for years. Like i said, some of the items are nice to have access to when creating alts, or starting new housing projects.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

As always there is a huge backlog of items that have been waiting for months to years to be added. Don't expect a noticeable increase in additions to the marketplace. No matter what they would desire to do, there is no staff to do it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. oldandnasty Augur

Hoping they add some of the newer hero's forge armor sets like they did when they added the quest SSRA type armor.
  7. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

I can't help but noticing that many items do in fact have their timers running, but there is no 50% off on any items. As an example to make it easy, ALL metamorph items cost 200DBC regardless if they have a timer running or not.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Might need to wait till noon Daybreak time. Most things change at that time. Check back in 6 minutes!
  9. Numi Journeyman

it's monday, nothing on sale .. why am i not surprised.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hmm it didn't change at noon as it usually does. I was wrong:eek:
    I think the whole thing was a fubar anyway as these items appeared back in frost fell with timers on them but no sale price. So now maybe they can't get them to go on sale but the timers are stuck.
  11. moogs Augur

I can't find the Promotional section mentioned in the announcement.
  12. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

Prices updated. And some seriously great math skills! it seems that 50% off of 750 is 400 (makes sense since everyone knows that 400 + 400 = 750)!

Math really isn't that hard. Especially since it didn't need to be done by hand...
  13. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

Wow...I just noticed, not only is it not doing 50% correctly, it is doing it wrong in different ways. Some items that are normally 750 are now 400 (less than 50% off) and others are 300 (more than 50% off). How can the formula screw up both ways?

Pets were 150 and are now 113? Seriously, who did this math?
  14. Schadenfreude Augur

Up to 50% doesn't mean 50% across the board.
    Belexes and moogs like this.
  15. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

Got it! it only says "up to 50%" in the first sentence. Every other mention in Roshen's post refers to it simply as a 50% sale. (still doesn't answer how 300 is "up to 50%" off 750, but that one is in our favor, so no argument!)
  16. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Daybreak has the greatest marketing department ever...
  17. Ghostdog New Member

I would like to see not only new items come to the various areas to purchase, But I would love to see new housing items.
    Various new houses and 2 story or more houses to purchase with station cash or loyalty points, possibly both ways .
  18. Vlad Diszno Augur

They sure are stashing away a lot of items. If anyone gets into housing at this point, they are going to have a lot less nice items to choose from. Maybe they won't know what they are missing, but some of us certainly will. I'm not seeing how this could be positive for housing or even the game. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it's been quite some time since I've seen anything (good) done for housing. They just relentlessly keep pounding more nails into the coffin for me. Sigh
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am curious why they are stashing away items (especially house items). Does Marketplace affect game performance? Or is it simply a "limited time only" business gimmick? Items from the vault like Rotdog Saddles, Reindeer Saddle, and Ball of Fluffy Cotton only come on for very short periods (i.e. Rotdogs were available for a week last year when it was gone for years).
  20. Brohg Augur

Same reason Sotheby's doesn't stock Coke-a-Cola, Benito