Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Adroxia Elder

This happens every Sunday without fail.

Can we actually get someone to look at this, you must have logs of this sort of thing! Every Sunday we face 30+ seconds of tell lag quite often. Moving raid window is a nightmare of frustration. And sometimes zone times of 2+ minutes.

This is every Sunday for weeks and weeks and weeks so far. Really look and fix this please!

:mad:
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I was seeing some of this off and on Xegony tonight.
  3. Dantius New Member

Agree 100% with Adroxia's post. The lag we have suffered for weeks and weeks is unacceptable. Seriously needs looking into.
    Cazmac likes this.
  4. Adroxia Elder

Not just Sundays.

It's also happening today. Now. During raid time as usual. Very long zone times. Tells, guild channels, chat channels - all the chat backs up and suddenly spams through in a burst.

This has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks.
    Cazmac and disgruntled like this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not surprising it happened today there is probably a link to server load and the lag. On the plus side in past months the lag was always a precursor to a crash. At least the server crashes are much reduced.
  6. Adroxia Elder

Another raid night, another set of massive tell lag, raid lag, chat lag. Makes any kind of raid coordination difficult.
  7. Adroxia Elder

Still lagging on tells, raid invites, channel chat, guild chat, and everything.

Friends list is also lagging.
    disgruntled likes this.
  8. Roobi_AB New Member

Zoning time lag, chat lag, spell gem refresh lag, disc activation lag

This lag we have suffered for months is unacceptable, please look at it
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Tell lag and chat channel lag is joke, how do you expect players to complete raids where you need to follow emotes and click items at the same time, when the server is lagging so bad?
    disgruntled likes this.
  10. Varu_AB New Member

AB lag is terrible, need fix asap.. this is too bad to be true:mad:
  11. Vaako_SK Lorekeeper

chat lag in all channels/tells , zone times huge, random disconnects, mobs/ PC rubberbanding, sometimes so bad you get minutes behind on updates...

Put some effort in this PLEASE.
    disgruntled likes this.
  12. Varu_AB New Member

DOWNLOAD

159.39 Mbps
    here is my link to speed test.
    Last night, during gate/some zone-ins - crash+freeze/freeze+crash/crash. was always bad, but after last night patch. damn, just even worse, so undo it like was before patch nd then multiply fix x100 so everyone will be happy:)
  13. smash Augur

There something like 20 sec delay on when you send a tell.

Zoning takes a long long time as well.

Guild chat is delayed like above as well.

Accepting Group invite like 20 sec as well.

The dev WHO said, could not find lag, should reexamine the thing Again.
  14. douxreve Elder

Worst every day, we got chat lags last week, now we have massive chat lags, zoning take 2 minutes, and we even saw a raid boss warping.
  15. AluaneAB New Member

Lots of channel lag and many people unable to login (getting "unknown error") following the recent maintenance reboot.
  16. Varu_AB New Member

Can you just do a proper job with this? no 1hour downtime. make it 24 hour downtime and just get everything done!
  17. eliandra Elder

we are sunday on AB and like some month big lag ... sometimes 15 sec to 30 sec before seeing a tell or message on gu ... all guild have this pb !!!! fix this !!! we pay for little add on with lot of bug for a nasty price !!!! and no answer on this post from a gm !! wake up guys !!! do you r job !!
  18. disgruntled Augur

Dang gang. I'm sorry DBG holds your massive number of accounts in such little regard. That really sucks.
  19. Nwah New Member

I came back to live EQ for the first time in many years last night, to my home server of AB.

I tried to make a character to upgrade to heroic, as per the advertisement, but it was clear that the server was very slow. It too like 1 minute just to search if the name was taken on character creation.

Then I finally get past that, and the game crashes on first login. I wait for my character to leave, and log in again, and realize I have 2 of every starting item, so now apparently my character was made twice due to some bug, and I can't claim the heroic character that was advertised, it seems.

I have tried to put in a message to GM's asking to fix this, but the petition system isn't even ingame anymore, i had to go out of the game to put in the ticket, which has yet to receive any response.

I guess that they have used a very weak server for AB, as it is fairly low population most of the time, and that is felt on Sundays when enough people log in to bump it up to medium population.

It seems like they don't care at all about their EU players.
    disgruntled likes this.
  20. Nwah New Member

It is also worth noting that i successfully claimed 3 heroic characters on other servers, before running into this problem on AB. I would like a response at least to my ticket, I don't think that's too much to ask.
    disgruntled likes this.