So... Monks.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sundance, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisard Silly

ya but a bard has purpose. if you totaled all their ADPS to their groups it would be amazeballs. and you can still burst nicely when ya got everything going. ask Sirene. Monks have lost their purpose, everyone can do everything we can 10x better now. hell apparently even Merc Clerics are DPSing, its only a matter of time before they are laughing at us(monks).
  2. Qulas Augur

Hey Nedrom,

Normally I would agree with your statement here, but you have no idea at all what you're talking about with regards to the state of today's game.

The recent changes have made Druids and Shamans significantly more dps than monks are, on top of our dps being stagnated for multiple expansions. We are the absolute bottom of the barrel right now when it comes to balance. In optimal situations, Monk personal output of dps currently only beats clerics and bards.

The monk class is in a dire state, and anyone who thinks otherwise simply has no idea what they are talking about.
    Ssdar, Quility, Gelido and 12 others like this.
  3. Ishtass Augur

Ned, of all the times to show up and be useless, you've picked the most opportune. We need some cohesion and focus when things look bad.
    Quility likes this.
  4. Xanathol Augur

I don't think anyone is against monks getting some love. Hyperbole is not needed.
  5. Qulas Augur

My statement is not hyperbole, as it is 100% factual.

I've seen and help run parses for each class at it's full potential, and right now monks are just above clerics and bards.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  6. Xanathol Augur

Please, do share.
  7. Sancus Augur

Enkel came back from retirement and didn't tell me!?
  8. Behelit Augur

jokes on you he never retired, just got tired of you pestering him with questions!
    Sancus likes this.
  9. -wycca Augur

Ned! /wave, long time!

Live sounds bad - no clue myself. TLP monks are great, currently seem like they're capable of outparsing everyone else in all situations (we're in PoP, but monks have been strong Kunark onwards). That's the irony of this game, balance is all whack all over. The spell, melee, stat, disc, and AA changes did a real number on old expansion balance. Only thing that seems consistent, is that Rogues and Bards are weak.
  10. Songsa Augur

Whaaattt? i just come and read a bit of what EQ is right now and see that tanks are out dpsing most dps classes, helpers/healers becoming better than DPS, monks are behind almost everyone else, rogues apparently are just beyond average (even if i didnt see specific posts), huge nerfs to ench...
    Class balance was already terrible when i stopped but at least DPS were DPSing, tanks were tanking and healers healing :confused:o_O
    What happened to this game?
  11. Minato Augur

Tho its a little late for me (found a life finally) i just want to say i couldnt be more happy at seeing the monk community pull together and start fighting for what they deserve =) tho i may clash with people sometime i still <3 you all
  12. Kanuvan Elder

of course, the only thing left keeping eq1 afloat is the TLP servers where monks and the balance are serviceable for the first 1-4 expansions, they have given up on the live servers and are banking everything on rotating TLP's every season

i dont know why people still play this game outside of TLP, its obvious DBG has no clue at all on how to go forward with EQ1 and are really just banking on the hard work SoE put in to make eq1 great, 1999 and TLP really are the last hope of eq1 if you want any semblence of a playable game, leaving a class stagnantly bad for years? sounds like senior managment dont know what they are doing anymore

but how long can TLP last? im not going to be playing eq1 ruins of kunark for 10 freaking years, when pantheon and FFXIV stormblood come out its probably lights out for DBG and eq1 forever
  13. roth Augur

As someone said above, hyperbole is not needed. FF14 did not kill off EQ, its first expansion did not kill off EQ, its second expansion certainly won't kill off EQ. Pantheon?

The only single thing that can kill off EQ would be ineptitude on DBG's part. Annoy enough TLP and live server players that they leave, and the servers won't have viable populations anymore. Other than that, its the same slow death that has been going on for a decade and a half, with a person leaving here, and a person leaving there, all for their own reasons, no three of them alike.
  14. Gelido Lorekeeper

#MonkLivesMatter
  15. Lisard Silly

MONK PROBLEMS > BARD PROBLEMS
    Kanuvan, Gelido and MrMajestykx like this.
  16. Duhbeast Augur

Monks can molo all of EoK content besides group missions right? So, what's the problem?
  17. Gelido Lorekeeper

Beastlords can just let their pets tank all of EQ right? So, What's the problem?
    See how that works? =)

Edit: #MonkLivesMatter
    Lisard likes this.
  18. fransisco Augur

If you ignore berzerkers (who need a 50% dps nerf), and all tanks who also need a 50% dps nerf plus about a tanking nerf, are monks that bad?
    The issue is that berzerkers and tanks are way overpowered.Compared to them, monks are bad.
    But buffing everyone else is the wrong answer. The OP classes need to get nerfed.
  19. Watajoke Journeyman

After looking through monk AA's im surprised they dont have any passive Critical Kick Damage aa. Also only 66% on their Innate Innerflame AA, and only 6 ranks of Combat Fury? whats up with that. Also there appears to be no Critical Kick Damage on Glyph of Cataclysm, for a class that gets 40% of their dps from kicks and already gets low value from critical damage due to low critical chance gets even less value when it does not even boost nearly half their damage at all.

The problem I see with monks is that they dont scale very well with adps at all. The reason zerkers and tanks can reach such high numbers is because they scale extremely well with nearly every adps there is.
    Gelido and Lisard like this.
  20. Minato Augur

I might be inclined to see your view but now shamans are out parsing us and it went through to live after testing. I wont chime in on bst/rangers right now i "try" not to derail class threads ^_^ /wink

P.S Bump
    Gelido likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.