[WIZ] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

What kind of BP focus and clicky do you guys want to see in the next expansion?
    Same one? Old one? New idea? Please give your feedback, it will be passed on to the devs.

Some guidelines -
    - Top 3 spell choices for focusing are suggested.
    - Focuses that impact usability of any spells/abilities are good (ex: heal/dmg focus %, spell haste, reduced timer, extended duration)
    - Wanting same as existing BP is fine

For reference, the current focus:
    [47238] WIZ Ethereal Damage 7
    Duration: 3.3h (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Base Spell Effectiveness by 7%
    2: Limit Spells: Ethereal Skyblaze
    4: Limit Spells: Ethereal Incandescence
    5: Limit Spells: Ethereal Blaze
    6: Limit Spells: Ethereal Inferno
    7: Limit Spells: Ethereal Combustion
    8: Limit Spells: Ethereal Incineration
    9: Limit Spells: Ethereal Conflagration
    Increases the damage done by Ethereal Skyblaze by #1%.

Current clicky:
    [47241] Weave of Reclamation
    Target: Self
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Extendable: No
    11: Increase Current Mana by 2725 per tick
    Text: You construct a weave of recovery.
    You construct complex weave, replenishing #11 mana every six seconds for %z.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would prefer that the worn focus would affect all three kinds of etherals (fire, frost, and magic), based on the assumption that we will need to spread across multiple damagetypes in the future.(hope we get more spell slots too).

Another (maybe overpowered) focus could be :"reduce the global spell cooldown by 0,2 seconds for 12 seconds after casting a vortex spell".

I actually like the current clicky(might need a buff in the future though)
  3. Brohg Augur

Moving away from damage focus on the robe would benefit those wizards with Eyes of [Life and] Decay, but would be a substantial nerf to those wizards that lack it. A reuse reduction focus on some nuke or other would be a very enticing tradeoff for everyone, though.

Mana return click is fine, we've been riding that a long while. The "eight free spells" click of Seeds of Destruction was way cooler.
    kizant likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

are you saying the focus on that aug doesn't stack with robe focus?

I knew there was stacking issues with the aug, but I thought it was with the 16% EoK AA spell focus and not robe focus?
  5. Sancus Augur

No, the stacking issue is with the worn focus.

As a general rule, stacking issues are "within" a certain group (i.e. worn effects have stacking issues with worn effects, AAs with AAs, and buffs with buffs if the SPA doesn't stack).
  6. Glooping Elder

I believe the focus effect is OK the way it is(maybe with an added bump up for 8% to add DPS).. My only wish it the Eyes from TBM would stack on top of it for a bonus to those of us who have it.

The clicky is nice how it is currently. I wish it would regain more mana, either by lasting longer or more mana per tick.

However, I would prefer an added DPS click over a mana regen click. Maybe something where either it casts some sort of reduction in cast time for 30 seconds where it cuts the cast time on all spells in half, or lower the recast timer on them down. Wishful thinking here, but what wizard wouldnt love something to the effect of a 3 second recast timer on Ethereal Fuse line for 30 seconds.

Maybe something more realistic for a clicky could be possibly something of a forced 100% spell crit rate for 18 seconds or an increased base damage on the next 10 spells of 60k (excludes using Dichotomic).

I may have wishful thinking, but I feel wizards are too far behind melee classes with this expansion, and possibly anything to add DPS back to the wizzys would be great in my opinion.
    kizant likes this.
  7. kizant Augur

I basically like where we've ended up with our robes. If they would just fix the stacking issue with Eye of Decay I'd be more than happy. OR if that's too hard then Glooping's recommendation is worth considering. However, I don't want to lose the mana regen. So, the alternative to me is to drop the damage focus and add some form of dps increase to the mana regen effect. Ideally, it's enough to make up for the 7% we're currently not seeing so it would have to be a rather significant increase for the short duration of the buff.
  8. Glooping Elder

The alternative to not having a mana clicky robe would be something that zerkers still do and use an old era BP click for the effect. Generally my robe click as it sits, I rarely use. I would say once every 10 minutes at best. Using that mana clicky with an old era BP like zerkers cycling with an increased DPS robe click depending on the situation would be a nice option. Even having both on the same timer would be OK with me.
  9. kizant Augur

Thought I'd add one more idea I had after talking to Hotpants.

What if we kept the damage bonus to Skyblaze but moved it to the same spell slot or whatever that Arcane Fury uses? Make it like a 14% damage increase for 5m with a 10m reuse on the robe clickie. Keep the mana regen as well obviously. I'm not talking about removing that

That way we keep the similar 7% damage (on average) we previously had. Plus we already have this slot open since Arcane Fury only lasts 4m with like a 20m reuse. It would nice to have something else to use while it's down. It would also be a small burstish dps increase even for people without eye of decay. Which we desperately need at this point anyway.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I vote for keeping the focus effect for Ethereal Fire (or optionally to expand it to all Ethereals) but to change it to SPA 461 so that it no longer conflicts with Eyes of Life and Decay.

The Clicky I vote to keep the same as it is unlikely we will get any type of DPS click that is realistically better than the mana regen click. Add in the issues we have with mana regen and we need all we can get.
    Caemien, Naugrin and kizant like this.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I was thinking, if the focus stays an etheral focus(or another specific spell-focus), could we make it so that it also works on "future" spells of the same spell-line(or at least the 110 version)?
    When the level cap is raised and we move on to the next level 110 etherals, then the 105 focus becomes completely non-functional.

All other foci still works on level 110 spells, but its anoying that we have to downgrade to a temporary level 110 group robe(faster to get than a raidrobe) just for the sake of dps.

I would like that the robe is just as "future-proof" as all the other slots...
    The level transition always bothered me with the chest focus, the other slots foci gradually degraded(or stayed full strength), the robe did not...
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Just so you don't think I am ignoring you guys, one of the CL's gave me a summary of this thread and I worked with that, Though I do see some things now.

The gist is: keep the focus, upgrade to new spells, and if possible all three elements. Many people really want to keep the mana focus, a few think something DPS would be interesting.
    NOTE. the click will always be a set amount that does not scale. I've seen a few suggestion of % effects and "speed" changes, which will also scale... The click needs to do only a set amount of... whatever. (mana, heal, damage, shield... etc...)
  13. Vrinda Augur

While a focus for all three elements would be nice, fire is an absolute must. And I'm with Beimeith on the clicky: mana, please. :)
  14. Naugrin Augur

I'd like to reiterate what Beimeith said about getting rid of the conflict with Eyes of Life and Decay.
    Xikteny and Sancus like this.
  15. kizant Augur

I'd like reiterate what Naugrin said about reiterating what Beimeith said about getting rid of the conflict with Eyes of Life and Decay.
    Naugrin likes this.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I'd like to reiterate what Kizant said about reiterating what Naugrin said about reiterating what Beimeith said about getting rid of the conflict with Eyes of Life and Decay. :p

Seriously though, Ngreth has dismissed that request in other BP clickie threads, so Im not holding my breath.

Apparently only very few players have those eyes right now. Personally I think the eyes are so good that guilds will decide to revisit TBM raids just to get them, so while they might be rare now, I think they will be more common later, since they will still be relevant until they raise the level-cap beyond 110.

It sucks that they won't stack, because my guild is actually trying to get those vanquisher achievements done. ;)
    fransisco, Sancus, CrazyLarth and 2 others like this.
  17. Caemien Elder

Also agree that the conflict for eyes of life and decay should be fixed
  18. Dekabos New Member

I would like to see a BP clicky twincast for 3 or 4 ticks.
  19. fransisco Augur

Unfortunately they've said there will be no effects that can scale.
    Twincast is very scaleable since you can just use a bigger nuke with it.
  20. Arkanny Augur

Also theres already a twincast clicky, bifold focus something, just get that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.