[SHD] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

What kind of BP focus and clicky do you guys want to see in the next expansion?
    Same one? Old one? New idea? Please give your feedback, it will be passed on to the devs.
    - Also, can you make a good argument for your focus becoming an AA, and coming up with a new focus if that happened?

Some guidelines -
    - Top 3 spell choices for focusing are suggested.
    - Focuses that impact usability of any spells/abilities are good (ex: heal/dmg focus %, spell haste, reduced timer, extended duration)
    - Wanting same as existing BP is fine

For reference, the current focus:
    [22985] SHD Deflection Discipline Duration 2
    Duration: 3.3h (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Duration by 12s
    2: Limit Spell: Deflection Discipline
    Increases the duration of Deflection Discipline by 2 ticks.

Current clicky:
    [47168] Sword of Corruption
    1: Summon Pet: S22ShdBPSword3 x 1 for 180s
    Summons a sword of corruption. This sword will lifetap up to four nearby hated enemies for 10000 damage every five seconds, up to a maximum of 20 strikes. You will be receive half of the damage as health.
  2. Xanathol Augur

The focus has become necessity for all tank classes. Unless that became an innate boost, it cannot go anywhere.

Don't care for the current click. A rehash idea would be an updated UF BP click. New ideas would be a large reuse decrease for a given time on lacerating blade line or a HHE for a small duration.
    sojero likes this.
  3. Zarzac Augur

Return of the Lifetap recast time reduction/Damage bonus click from DoDH.

Focus is as Xen said.
  4. Xeladom Augur

Deflection focus.

updated UF BP click. That is all.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Well, the BP clicks will have a non-scaling static effect. Percent increases do not meet that criteria.

That said, I can make a click that adds a scalar amount of damage to a spell group, or probably better all taps, or all spells, For X amount of triggers.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

What about the recast reduction to lifetaps such as the one we had during underfoot? Its not % based so easily controlled.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

certainly not for a click That is not a set amount of effect, it is a highly variable amount of extra DPS.. As a focus, on a particular spell/spell-group it *may* be feasible
  9. sojero One hit wonder

Ah I misunderstood, I thought you didn't want % based things. I see you also don't want something that might add more dps that the rest of the BP clicks. I hadn't thought about that, I was thinking more of a survival tool that we have control of. Makes sense, thanks for the reply.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Out of curiousity, were you brainstorming for the next sku or looking to change EoK bps after the fact? Given the last few expansion bps have been cookie cutter or straight copies, the latter would be cool :). Longshot, but can't blame us for trying!
  11. Xanathol Augur

Certainly appreciate the communication. The focus to reduce recast on lifetaps would defintely be attractive, of course assuming the deflection extension focus is available elsewhere; that delfection focus is really hindering because it becomes too valuable to lose for all classes with it.

Ideas for a click that fit the criteria...

How about 'x number procs of a slash attacks for base y damage', ie. x number of procs of attacks like our Lacerating Blade attack (but damage scaled appropriately, of course)? That is relatively inline with the CoTF bp, but a physical attack (which I don't think we've ever had on a bp) instead of a lifetap.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This.^ Brainstorming for the next SKU.
    Unless it is an actual BUG (not just something people think is a bug because they want it to be different) the EoK items are done :)

Yes. Though don't you guys have enough "standard" procs? It could also be triggered from something different say bash/kick etc.
    Sheex likes this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

But, sir, I've never seen anyone mistake that distinction here ^ . ^

In related news...
    [IMG]
  14. Xanathol Augur

Yes, we do, but my other ideas are buffs that scale. :)

Triggered off bash could be intresting (we don't get kick). Or if the reuse is short enough, instead of 'x proc'd attacks over y time', it could just be a 'z skill attacks instantly' then immediately goes on cool down.
  15. Sashnia Elder

The deflection duration needs to stay.

I detest the sword proc, things that break mezz are somewhat useless in some group and raid situations.
    If percent based heals are off the table, how about a rune proc (as long as the rune stacks with other runes), this could provide both heightened survivability and aggro utility for its duration.
  16. Smak Augur

a click that does a 100k death touch? if that is too weak make it do more.

or a death touch lifetap
  17. Gr8fuldave Augur

How about a buff that increases the damage of Bash skill by 4000 or so for 10 counters?
  18. Brohg Augur

100k is 3/5ths of current damage.

40000 damage is 4/25ths of current damage, and you didn't mention the life return current one has?

I'm bewildered by the direction this conversation is headed. Y'all need a Snickers or something?
    Kravn likes this.
  19. Kravn Augur

Traditionally, our BPs have always been something that aided in our self healing one way or another... I would like to stick to that.

How about an upgraded Anguish BP click... something like 40% for 45 sec Leech... powerful enough to be useful, but not epic quality.

As far as Leech goes, its definitely nerfed functionality wise for swarming but is still immensely useful to our class.
    Krazzi likes this.
  20. Xanathol Augur

Skill attacks would add to our healing while under leech effect without adding more leech effects, which is why I compared it to the lifetap procs from some of our BPs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.