Long-forgotten Quests (Feb 15 Patch)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Any location for Drethall?
  2. Prathun Developer

Not yet, I'm afraid. It'll be after the 3-day weekend. Tuesday at the earliest.
  3. Imak Augur

[Fri Feb 17 15:03:55 2017] You say, 'Hail, Levaios Duthall'

[Fri Feb 17 15:03:56 2017] Levaios Duthall closes his eyes and bows deeply to ____, 'Greetings. I am Levaios Duthall. Learned scholar, traveler, student of the schools of Felwithe, and eternal seeker of knowledge... especially that which was lost to us. Though I am here to assist the arcane adepts already stationed in Firiona Vie, I must admit that I have my own agenda. Tragically, I [require aid:How can I aid you in your search?] in my search... and the humble residents of Firiona Vie are too preoccupied to help.'

REWARD: Shield of the Primal Mind
    CLASSES: WIZ MAG ENC
    EFFECT: Flames of Ro (DD)

[Fri Feb 17 17:37:23 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:A long forgotten Ruins of Kunark quest offered by Levaios Duthall has been completed for the first time. Please congratulate ____ on his accomplishment!
  4. Imak Augur

East Cabilis:

[Fri Feb 17 18:54:17 2017] You say, 'Hail, Rthsirez'

[Fri Feb 17 18:54:17 2017] Rthsirez tilts his head and exhales, his breath a stuttering hiss, 'Greetings, Iksar. What brings you to me? Perhaps you are in search of knowledge? Aaahhh, yes. Of course. Why else would you come to one such as I? However, I am quite held up with a particular case of my own study and may not be one for conversation beyond the [subject of my current attentions:What's the subject you are currently studying?].'

REWARD: Sacred Shield of Dread
    CLASSES: SHM NEC
    Effect: Drain Soul (tap)

[Fri Feb 17 21:20:50 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:A long forgotten Ruins of Kunark quest offered by Rthsirez has been completed for the first time. Please congratulate ____ on his accomplishment!
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Will you/DBG keep doing these, Prathun, as time permits? Because this is great. Everquest archaeology has always been such an interesting subject. And this is fun. Thank you, again.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

7. MaxTheLion Augur

Prathun, you're killing me here. Either Gleaming Serrated Blade is not dropping on Xegony or it's the rarest item in the game.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Happen to remember where the Dented Battle Shield dropped?
  9. Imak Augur

Dented Battleshield (one word) drops from spectral knights in Karnor's.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  10. Imak Augur

Oh, that one is gonna suck. Ultra rare drop from limited spawns with looooooong respawn time. Assuming that's needed for Tezrisz's quest.
    MaxTheLion likes this.
  11. Imak Augur

Anyone turned up Rusty Mithril Sword ?
  12. Orbital101 Augur

I just got mine after 6 hrs :confused:
  13. MaxTheLion Augur

At least we know the Dented Battleshield drops on Xegony then. I'm still waiting on this Gleaming Serrated Blade.
  14. Imak Augur

Much shorter timeframe than I expected.
  15. MaxTheLion Augur

He was talking about the shield from KC, not the sword in CoM.
  16. MaxTheLion Augur

Aside from Taluran the Mindful (Thin Strands of Gold Silk) and Kuughrak Bonecrush (Rusty Mithril Sword), neither of which drops are currently on live, all other quests have now been completed.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I don't think you're correct.
  18. MaxTheLion Augur

Care to elaborate?
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Unless there's been a list made somewhere of all the quests that were fixed, I think that there are still some that are yet to be found and solved. Or some of the pieces I have still are marked quest with no quest.
  20. JolineSZ Augur

Is there a chance to put all the new Kunark quest links on Zam in one main quest, called new Kunark Quest or something similar? So you can see what belongs to the patch.
  21. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Full writeup for "Magics of Fear" from Rthsirez in Cabilis is up incase anyone was stuck somewhere. Reward below. Good luck!

[IMG]