Long-forgotten Quests (Feb 15 Patch)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Prathun Developer

Dajrool is using the faction Droga Goblins, which can be raised by killing NPCs on the faction Nurga Goblins, and vice versa. The problem is, the goblin population in Droga and Nurga both pre and post-revamp are on Goblins of Mount Death faction. Very few in-game NPCs are using Nurga Goblins / Droga Goblins. For example, Dajrool is the only NPC in the game that uses Droga Goblins and as far as I can tell, almost none of the goblins in Nurga are on Nurga Goblins.

I suspect Dajrool was originally intended to be in Droga and you were meant to raise your faction with him by killing goblins in Nurga before you could access all his quests and dialogues. Changing the way faction works for Kunark goblins now, specifically for this quest, feels not ideal, so I've changed Dajrool's faction to indifferent and lowered the faction requirements for his quests and dialogues to indifferent.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Are you on a regular server?
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Prathun any chance you could look at "Sheet of Black Ore" which is supposed to come from Temple of Droga?

I believe this is only available from revamped Droga named which means the quest for the Staff of Pain is incompletable in era, specifically on current TLPs and future ones.
  4. Prathun Developer

Yep. Checking... confirmed that Fine Sheet of Black Ore drops in pre-revamp Temple of Droga.
    Tudadar and Bobbybick like this.
  5. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

@Benito on Fippy, with all post revamp stuffin place.

BTW, there are 4 quests in FV, i assume Cabilis and OT also got 4?
    Benito likes this.
  6. jeffsheila New Member

Yep I just completed the quest for Staff of Pain and sad panda, no serverwide message, I swore I was the first on Drinal
  7. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Got Black Steel Defender and Essense of Night on allakhazam already.

The rest will need to be entered once we get our item collector patched.
  8. Versifier Elder

I was first on Drinal. Got it this morning.
    Prathun likes this.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Thank you for bringing these old quests back to life, Daybreak developers.
    Prathun likes this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hi Prathun. Could you check if Thin Threads of Golden Silk are dropping on regular servers? I haven't seen any in 200+ mobs and getting lots of "Gold-lined heretic cloak" and Sapphire Necklaces instead. Wondering if another item is blocking it.
  11. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

@Cloud the Second there isn't as far as i know, so you will have to hire/roll a rogue for that step.

WTB auto pick-lock on rogue mercs, make it happend!
  12. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Done already, or do we need a server reset/zone reset for it? I might have done one too many goblin slaughters and he cons apprehensive so won't talk to me :p
  13. Orbital101 Augur

I spent 6 hrs on faction with a double faction potion:eek:.
    I think im ellegible for a hint on the the Rusty Mithril Sword!
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Did you encounter Dull Paineel Earrings and Gold-lined heretic cloaks while camping for the Thin Threads? How was the drop rate for you (several clears)?

Concerned that hotzone stuffs is blocking the item.
  15. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Uh... took like 3 mobs :p

Both those items are normal drops from the ghosts. I got mine from the heretics on the side crypts outside the undead castle (the one closer to UF zoneline)
    Benito likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'm at like 300 mobs. I must have insanely bad RNG. haha
  17. Prathun Developer

How odd. Beta and Test are both running Hole 2.0. There are plenty of the Golden Silk drops on Beta, but I can't get the item to drop on Test. Suspect there is a problem with the global loot requirements. Thanks for pointing this out.

Not seeing the drops on live servers that have Hole 2.0 either. I think I've got a fix in place internally. We will look into the possibility of a hotfix in the near future.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thanks for the fix. After more than a decade, Taluran will have to wait a few more days.....:p
  19. YellowBelly Augur

How soon? If I go to bed someone else will get the title. I've been working on this quest for the last 24 hours.
  20. Prathun Developer

Not until tomorrow at the earliest.