[WAR] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

What kind of BP focus and clicky do you guys want to see in the next expansion?
    Same one? Old one? New idea? Please give your feedback, it will be passed on to the devs.
    - Also, can you make a good argument for your focus becoming an AA, and coming up with a new focus if that happened?

Some guidelines -
    - Top 3 spell choices for focusing are suggested.
    - Focuses that impact usability of any spells/abilities are good (ex: heal/dmg focus %, spell haste, reduced timer, extended duration)
    - Wanting same as existing BP is fine

For reference, the current focus:
    [16837] WAR Fortitude Discipline Duration 2
    Duration: 3.3h (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Duration by 12s
    2: Limit Spell: Fortitude Discipline
    Increases the duration of Fortitude Discipline by 2 ticks.

Current clicky:
    [47139] Martial Fury
    Duration: 3m (30 ticks) Song, Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 16 Offensive Proc Casts
    4: Cast: Martial Fury Strike on Skill Use (32000)
    5: Limit Skill: Bash
    6: Limit Skill: Kick
    Text: You focus your martial fury.
    By focusing your rage, you cause your kick and bash attacks to inflict 12500 additional damage.

[47140] Martial Fury Strike
    1: Decrease Current HP by 15000
    Text: You are struck by martial fury.
    Deals #1 damage to your target.
  2. Brohg Augur

Fortitude duration focus is too key to replace, unfortunately. It could be upgraded to effect Shield Flash (Flash of Anger). It could be moved (to hands?) to make room for more fun stuff. Both possibilities are so remote I don't spend time wishing for them.

Martial Fury is fine, it's in line with other BP clicks. A move to something more disc-ish (rogue Blades style) would be super nice, or more disc-friendly with melee skill hits instead of non-melee procs.

Defensive/utility clicks on BPs have been problematic in the past due to the very narrow tightrope to walk between OP and useless-thus-boring. The defensive tier2 CotF BP click, for instance, was already ignorably useless in Arx, the very next expansion. The last really good one was CoA BP.
  3. Fintank Augur

The focus is a must have and is way too valuable to change.

I'd like another defensive clickie, the DPS off the BP is basically worthless. I use my CotF BP clickie more than the current one and nowadays it's almost completely worthless as well with the Honed Wurmslayer's effect.

Something in line with 10% mitigation/absorb damage that stacks with everything up to whatever the new DPS class BP's do. So 10% until 250k is absorbed/mitigated is probably around the right ball park.

If they just copy and paste the way the CotF BP worked they'd have to increase the max hit to at least 3k or thereabouts, it should be noticeably better than the Honed Wurmslayer's effect imo.
  4. Tucoh Augur

I love my wurmslayer, but I find I'm using it less and my 2H more in group content as my gear gets better. And in a lot of raid content the wurmslayer's protection is easily outpaced by Brace for Impact. However, I agree completely that another competitor to the 5 front mitigation abilities (PDH, brace for impact, cotf bp, diplo papers, wurmslayer) we have is redundant.

I'd be pretty happy with any kind of new clicky. I think you'd have to decide what type you'd go for.

1. Defensive Clicky:
    A "rear mitigation" clicky that competes with dichotomic/warrior's bulwark would be great and there's no clicky item for it. Say, 25% off hits greater than 5k, with a total damage of 500k.

2. Offensive clicky:
    A mini heroic blade would be great. A 2k slash attack + 20% crit + 100% crit damage for 60s.

A PBAE rampage attack would be good too. If rampage isn't up I don't have much AE damage options.

3. Aggro generation: please no more aggro generation abilities, every buff to aggro generation makes me think that developers don't understand the current state of tanking.

4. Defensive passive:
    Another tick of flash of anger or a reduction in cooldown would be great. I already lean on that ability heavily. Reactive saves make the game much more fun because it gives the player a lot more control.
  5. Triconix Augur

I want a clicky upgrade to either COA click or Solteris click (the heal). Our current one is dumb AF. The dps increase is nominal at best and warriors need more single target aggro as much as I need a hole in the head.

I wouldn't mind getting a clicky for a defensive rune proc buff. Something like our Armor of X disc line would be pretty cool.

I want the focus to extend fortitude and furious but this probably won't happen because it would make furious OP in certain situations...
  6. Xorsazis Augur

Leave the focus for Fort. It's A++

Suggestions on clicks:
    • Discipline timer reset for Last Stand (or another ability/disc)
    • Better Spell/AE/DoT Mitigation Buff (or a true 100% Reflect/nullification of detrimental spells)
    • Ability to disintegrate pets which have taunt on.
    • Ability which increases double attack, triple attack, riposte, parry, dodge, and shield block a good amount for a short time (both offensive and defensive).
  7. p2aa Augur

I would prefer a good defensive clicky for the new BP clicky.
    Something similar to Warrior's Bulwark, but that last longer. Atm Warrior's Bulwark fades in 30 sec max on raid bosses for a 3 min disc in theory, because the total of hits absorbed of 100 k is really too low.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The general gist seems to be to keep the Focus and some sort of Defensive click.
    NOTE. The click effect WILL be a non-scaling effect. I.E. not percentage based things like increased triple attack, riposte, parry etc as scaling effects because the amount they do is highly dependent on where the player is;.
    Janakin likes this.
  9. Triconix Augur

Please don't make it another SpA 162. We already have a ton of abilities that use this SpA. So many that half of them are now pointless.
    Koryu and Brohg like this.
  10. Janakin Augur

This :p
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Maybe an upgrade to the clicky from the CoTF breastplate? It had a rune type mitigation click.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes. Something similar. Could be something similar to that, or with the threshold guard type... Nothing set yet.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

15. Triconix Augur

Please please please don't make it like that! We have PDH, Brace, Shining (from Clerics), the Diplomatic Papers clicky etc. There are too many abilities that use this SpA that even if the items are a benefit over what we have already, the overall benefit is only the difference.

It would be so much better getting a clicky version of our Armor of X Runes line of discs. As of now those discs are pointless. If we can get an actual buff version, that's a whole SpA that's practically unused by the warrior class (unless enchanters spam runes on us).
    Brohg likes this.
  16. Lianeb Augur

TBO I think the Fort Focus should be moved off the BP to either another item or made an AA or just extend the base disc timer.
    Having 1 tic on group and 2 tic on Raid isn't a penalty when you can go back and solo/group any number of raids to get the focus raid BP. The focus goes all the way back to SoF (iirc). At this point the focus is pretty much arch type defining and needs to stay. The focus on the BP should be expansion defining and not class defining. Ie.....it needs to extend, reduce timer, or just make better an in expansion disc.

As far as clicky goes I personally would rather some utility verse another Aggro/DPS/Mitigation.
    Some Ideas:
    Small aura with regen abilities, similar to paragon but more Endur and less Mana, and MUCH shorter. Can even make it lock out other Warriors from clicking it in a chain

I would not be opposed to getting a form of fade back with restrictions....maybe no invis component, snare for a few sec. But something to fade combat to regen some endur, without being abused for pulling or singling mobs
    Koryu likes this.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I have no problems with is being a run proc, or a def rune proc. Just with the caveat that it is counter based not time based... so it gives a set amount of effect.
    Brohg and Janakin like this.
  18. Triconix Augur

I'm perfectly fine with it being counter based. That would make me very happy, actually. Thanks!
    Janakin likes this.
  19. Janakin Augur

That would be nice!
  20. Brohg Augur

Let's combo up some here, to make it something worth pursuing and using: defensive proc threshold rune please, in whatever amount is allowable. Taking the top off huge hits is ever so much more valuable than taking the bottom off all hits.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.