New Pick Lock feature is terrible.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trizek, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trizek Augur

Was in a group. New pick opened up, group decided to switch over. Shortly after the Pick "locked", we payed no mind to it but then our heals and a DPS left, we found reps, but guess what? They could not switch over. So we picked back to the Main pick, camp we had in the pick is camped already. Group Broke. GG.

What exactly is the purpose for this new feature exactly?
  2. Renshu Augur

Was in a zone, went to another pick, pick1. Died in the pick1. Ran and zoned into the main pick. After zoining into main pick, corpse disappeared in pick1. Could not go to pick1. No corpse in main pick.
  3. MaxTheLion Augur

Things that are changed is a snowball effect from the massive amount of people for things to be changed. The current state of how things are being handled can be compared to the mentality "Because I'm cleaning the house, I should also remodel."
  4. Kronko Elder

they will not be happy till they screw everything up is the purpose =)
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Daybreak "No Fun Allowed" Games
  6. MabbuPhinny Augur

Hope this stays broken like this. So many tears mmmm
  7. Semah Augur

Pick locked?

Just illusion through the pick door.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  8. MabbuPhinny Augur

My rogues Pick Lock is just fine. No changes needed.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

This made me LOL but because it is so pathetic. So basically, the new picks lock before they have a chance of meeting the threshold? Awesome. Well done.
  10. tuttles Augur

hmmm i wonder what the efficiency level of the programming to implement this 'feature' of load balancing in terms of resources saved actually turns out to be... i'm betting its negative

and looks like something they did massively effed the chat servers
  11. Illusory Augur

I think this glass door review summarizes what's going on at DBG in terms of decisions versus their games,

[IMG]

I'm certain that the developers (including our very own RadarX) have a good head on their shoulders, but upper management overrides them at each turn. The problem is these changes are doing more harm than good. Eventually, they're going to make a change that drives Phinigel into the ground. At which point, their new server will be on the horizon! Yay, it'll be Phinny 2.0, the actual true-box progression server we should have launched and managed.
  12. Machen New Member

If the resources saved by load balancing = the server doesn't crash any more, it was worth the investment. Even though I don't like the approach.
  13. Brumans Augur

Shouldn't the pick only lock if there's 2 under 1/3rd the threshold? So just 1 low pick should still stay alive, I thought.

Also, if that's true that corpses are going to main pick...woof. I mean, bugs like this are unsurprising these days, but that should never get through QA.
  14. Astley Augur

Except if there is already a locked pick from earlier that exists. In that case, it only takes 1 under the threshold to lock.

Which means someone can get their private pick, keep it open all night for themselves to farm, which starts creating new pick after new pick that gets locked quickly.
  15. AgentofChange Augur

What was the issue? Pick abuse or something? Like what was actually going on that cause DBG to say to themselves "hmm, we should do something here".

And what was their solution? A far more abusable pick system, like SIGNIFICANTLY more abusable. They turned something that was a huge benefit and POSITIVE aspect to the game into this total disaster.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Idk what you guys are doing over there but I think you need to change whoever is in charge of making decisions.
  16. Sdoofbuc Augur

Was sitting in PoTranq last night wait for raid to start. 500+ in main pick. 0 in pick 1. Every time I zoned into PoTranq I was put in the main pick. No load balancing at all.

I never bothered to pick over to pick 1. I didn't want to get locked in/out of the pick that my guild was in doing MGB. I also didn't want to be the guinea pig that got to test if AoCs work in picks now.
  17. Machen New Member

If main pick starts to get laggy, people will pick over. Which is all that's needed, but about two weeks too late.
  18. Illusory Augur

Yes, you did. :)

/pop collar
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

You know what we need? A "Rogue DBG Staffer" twitter hero. Tell us what's really going on. Name and shame the specific executive or manager that made this pick decision. I need a name to which to direct my ire.
    Renshu likes this.
  20. FoldArt New Member

One way to drive down PoT numbers is to not suspend buff timers. That will eliminate people idling in zone 24/7 there when not actively playing. Push em to PoK or nexus and be done with it.
    arwilly and Chatoyan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.