[NEC] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menown Augur

Yes, it would add up to damage reduction over the course of a fight. But how much? I am sick and tired of being told no, you cannot have that because mages are the premier pet class. This is why there is now a canyon between mage pets and necro pets in tankability. Mages not only have the best HP and AC in game, but they get summoned armor, weapons, masks. They have more pet AAs to make them DPS and tank better. Mages even have more spells to maximize their pets potential. You telling me that a lifetap weapon is going to put necro pets ahead of mage pets? Give me a break. If you are not willing to do the parsing like I have, then you don't have any ground to stand on.
  2. Sancus Augur

I think that's a cool BP idea, and it's silly to think it would have negative implications for mages.

I let my water pet w/ burnout beat on a combat dummy for 10 minutes with two swords, and it averaged a proc every ~7.5 seconds. If those weapons had the same proc rate, over the course of 60s it would return a whopping 5.8k HP on the group version and 8.6k HP on the raid version. That's less than 1 hit from a mob....

That having been said, being the premier pet class isn't quite as glamorous as it might seem....
  3. Vdidar Augur

Personally I'm all for all pet classes being able to summon their own pet gear. Don't you ever think about taking our mod rods though.
    Felicite likes this.
  4. WorriedinNorrath Elder

Forget pet gear. How about a click that is similar to the Mage groundswell bodyguard that procs a combination of old and new model specters and white and red skeletons.
  5. Forcallen Augur

Would love to know the perimeters and restrictions associated with the clicks and focus as it impacts them. As well as whats going on with the dot revamps, our mana expenditure is going to go through the roof but will any changes come along with it like boosts to lich and or ignite synapsis mana draw fixed.

Focus effects to consider:

• Extension of Embalmers Carapace. 1 tick added for group robe focus 2 ticks added for raid focus.
    • Extension of Blood Magic. 1 tick added per stage for group focus. 2 ticks added per stage for raid.
    Clicks to consider:

• I like the pet weapon idea as long as it was worthwhile, not just a mage pet weap clone if its no trade and only usable by the owner.
    • A pet aura/totem click that boosted all necro pets in range of the totem. That boosted the pets AC, attack, hps, avoidance, mitigation, added ds, etc.
    • Blood magic click clone. Something that let you cast spells from our hp pool at say a 400% penalty for 30-60s duration. If you can't tell I am worried about our future mana expenditure rate with revamped dots even if on paper they look more efficient when just looking at mana per damage.
    menown likes this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This.^

While we can add a *SET* amount of damage per spell, It's not going to be a percent increase. The set damage is feasible and something that can be done instead of a swarm pet.

As for the Focus. There is time to wait and see what the Dot Changes do.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The clicks have to do a set amount of effect that doesn't scale with level/AA's/ETC. (which is why though the pet weapon idea is interesting, it's not happening because its effect is too variable and scalable.)
    That said... ideas of pet survivability (defensive proc heals/runes), Necromancer spell damage by scalar after crit increases (add 50k to 5 spells, or 12.5k to 20 spells... just conversation amount. *NOT* final values), Pet Proc's... all work.

The Focus effects are fuzzier. And yes, the DoT change may have an effect, so as I mentioned above, can wait. Generally an increase to one or very few spells (yes there are some aberrations out there...) perhaps a single line (perhaps!). This increase can be from percentage focus (yes the one that the chase item eclipses... but the amount of players that have this chase item is small... we still have to consider the much larger pool of players that don't have the chase item), recast reduction where it makes sense, duration /tick increases... etc.
  8. Forcallen Augur

So would something like below be possible?

[48917/27674] Fana Blood Magic I
    Classes: NEC/254
    Skill: Melee
    Restriction: Cannot Remove
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 2.5s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    1: Cast: Fana Blood Magic II on Fade Obviously this wouldn't carry on any further like the long reuse AA does.
    3: Cast from HP with 200% Penalty
    6: Increase Current HP by 1100 per tick
    Text: Your body begins to ache.
    Utaerx and menown like this.
  9. Xnao Augur

10. Brohg Augur

To attract new fans, followers, and lovers. <3
  11. Venau Augur

Wondering if it is possible to have the focus effect for Jorobb stack with the Eyes aug. Might be an easy fix and add great pleasure for the necro community:)
  12. Venau Augur

Another idea for robe clickie is adding "X" to the base dmg of the next "X" spells. Thoughts?
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No, just to the very few people that have the eyes... The community as a whole probably doesn't care because they don't have the eye.

No, because it is not a "set" scalar effect. It's for as much random amount of health as you want to use.
    Yes, that is a reasonable one.
  14. menown Augur

Ngreth, is it possible to get a utility click that does NOT do damage or give hp/mana? Also, do the clicks have to be on a 10 minute reuse timer?

I was thinking something like our pet spell "Phantasmal Ward" on a 1 minute reuse timer. A spell that I would like to always have up but never have room on my spell bar for it.

Phantasmal Ward Nec/98:
    1: Increase Chance to Avoid Melee by 50%

Mana: 500 Skill: Abjuration
    Casting Time: 6 Recast Time: 36
    Fizzle Time: 1.5 Range: 100
    Fizzle Adj: 114 Max Hits: 65
    Deletable: No Interruptable: Yes
    Short Buff Box: No Timer ID: 10
    Target Type: Pet Spell Type: Beneficial
    Category: Spell/Melee Block
  15. Forcallen Augur

So what would be an acceptable "set" scalar effect for a hp for mana trade off? 40k hps for 20k mana?

Think I have seen one classes bp (for self with no hp trade off) offer a return of 13.6k mana. And another thats group that returns 9.2k x 6 (55.2k)again for no trade off.

Menowns idea above is nice but I just don't see them making our robe an exception and 60s reuse like it would need to be for that spell click to be practical.
    menown likes this.
  16. Evurkvest Augur

I like the pet weapon idea for the clicky effect. Haste(to get up to 100% buffed), stats and some dmg proc, perhaps convertable to aggro with a button on the summoned weapon. Grp proc on pair with mag summoned, raid proc better. Current effect is kind of useless and weak.

Id like the focus to stay as is though.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Percentage effects that don't have scalar caps (like Spell Guard, Melee Guard... etc) are a no-no. The final result has to be a set amount. Dodging 50% is 20k damage in one case 200k in another... not a set amount.
    If it was set to say some type of ward (whichever SPA is chosen, including the ones I mentioned above) it could be feasible.
    And yes. The 10 minute timer is set in stone.
    We are not talking about numbers now. Just ideas.
  18. Forcallen Augur

Based on what we are seeing for every other dot related class in regards to mana costs and mane expenditure after their revamps I think a mana click is whats best for the class. It helps everyone raiders, groupers and solo'ers alike. But the numbers do matter especially if the click follows our other abilities format and trade X amount of hps for Y amount of mana.

Would also love for our focus effect be extended duration to blood magic stages or to embalmers carapace (similar to fortify and deflection for tanks).
    Felicite and Vrinda like this.
  19. Vrinda Augur

The robe click needs to not be a lich effect added to our existing lich effect. If we get a robe click to recover mana, it should stack with all other mana recovery effects (lich, death bloom, clarity, paragon, etc.).
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It's not likely that anyone that does not already have a mana click will get a mana click. I try not to say never, but the odds are low.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.