Test Update 02/08/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No.
  2. Riou EQResource

Because that is a defensive proc (which shadow knights also have a version of that isn't being changed) and it does not heal based on a % of melee damage you do
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I stand corrected, it looks like DoTs with SPA 79 attached are getting the benefit when they shouldn't be.
  4. gotwar Gotcharms

To clear up any confusion, only "nukeDoTs" (SPA 79 things) will eat the charges on Haze/Hazy Thoughts.

Regular DoTs without a nuke component (SPA 0) will not. This includes things like Mind Storm, Pyro procs, and Necromancer DoTs.

This really only has an impact for Rangers, Beastlords, and Enchanters, who will have to be wary of eating the focus from Chromatic Haze on a DoT tick (joy!).

Beihmeith raises an excellent point, that the focus shouldn't be applied to any DoT ticks at all. Fingers crossed that can be reworked to only affect the nuke portion of SPA 79 nukedot spells.
  5. Aelen Augur

Based on the wording in the test notes, it looks intentional that Haze is working on the DoT portion of NukeDots.

Also seems fine based on the SPA limiter. The spell has to have SPA 79 to qualify.

Then since it qualifies, SPA 302 works fine on both nuke and DoT components of a spell.

Fits with expected behavior based on what I've seen elsewhere, though limiter stuff is still a little fuzzy for me.

The buff doesn't have any component that forces a DoT crit though, so there's one of the mismatches between Nuke and DoT behaviors.

That said, altogether this looks to be a negative change. These sorts of counter based toys just work better for nukes.

Factor in that it's very limited in which DoTs it applies to, and can use up a force-crit mod on something it won't force to crit, and it's pretty bad.

Though I think what bothers me most are the usability problems. You give up control of the proc since it'll be auto-eaten every six seconds. No matter where the balance ends up, that isn't much fun.

Also potentially lose agency in the class's best on demand (short)burst toy =/
  6. Null New Member

Rangers dont have nukedots, just a pure DoT and a DoT that adds DS to targets target.
    gotwar likes this.
  7. Hludwolf Developer

This is for Multi-Instance Zones (/pick zones). They only start when all of the other zones are at a certain capacity.

Also, you can receive a rez as long as you do not release to bind point.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  8. fortuneteller Augur

What about if Group wipe, they end at bind, and can they then get back to zone ?

As far I understand, they cannot!
  9. segap Augur

One problem with that is the merc revive and hover timer are pretty much the same. If using a healer merc and it dies and that results in someone else dying, they won't be able to get a rez before they leave hover unless the group does some shuffling to pop another merc. And that depends on enough people being left alive without a merc on a revive timer.
  10. fortuneteller Augur

Just what I was thinking too.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

Would probably be a better idea if possible that when it meets the criteria to lock, kick toons from most recent /pick to the one second most recent instead of to the main zone.
  12. FixShamanPlease Elder

Why?
    Keep 4 for more choice.
    You can also add a bonus if all 4 are done before timeout.
  13. FixShamanPlease Elder

Can you upgrade the class bp focus to match with this update?
  14. FixShamanPlease Elder

With the lost of tanking possibility can you counterbalance with a higher chance to trigger Gift of Chrom Haze or the base damage?
  15. Ryak Augur

On the contrary, it will get easier, since now they can do their farming in a secret locked pick zone nobody else can see or access.
  16. Ryak Augur

Didn't the patch notes specifically also mention de-poping mercs from locked zones? So if that is accurate, it seems this won't be a problem because you won't be able to use your merc at all!

Also, is there any change pending for the missing level 61 Planes of Power spells?
  17. fortuneteller Augur

Also, as I see it can be very bad for people who uses mercs. First they come into base zone, get into about starting to suspend merc, so they do a pickzone. And get into an instance, and start playing. Then normal zone population so they do a pickzone X.

After some time, the base zone population shrinks, and they get info that their instance is now locked, and then they wipe. Cannot get back. So they come to base zone. And Things start over, with mercs getting suspended.

Having seen such situation that base population diviates from 50-100 within 10 min, multiple times. Example due to ancient in FM, raid guilds in lce, sw, fm, and such.
  18. Ghubuk Augur

That is why I think it would be better idea that the last pick(s) created are moved down to the pick previous to that instead of the main instance.
  19. Hludwolf Developer

The base zone cannot lock.
  20. Agrippa Augur

In today's game, overcrowding occurs in most zones with considerably less than the ridiculously high threshold that we've seen. Before these changes go live, can we drop we drop this threshold by a considerable amount, please?