Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. just_some_bard Lorekeeper

Want a real challenge? Leave your current server and clique of power-gamers. Start over fresh somewhere else with limited resources. Try to get 105 and a couple thousand AA that way.
  2. Piemastaj Augur

You are right, wanting tanks to not out Damage every DPS class outside of Berserkers is purely because people are bored. It could not possibly be that some people want a little bit of balance? I'm not tanking? Let me drop DPS that no one can touch. I'm tanking? Let me shield up and drop tanking that no one can touch.

Seems like a balanced and well rounded archetype.

Has nothing to do with crippling groups, it has to do with a severe lack of balance.
    fransisco and IblisTheMage like this.
  3. Xanathol Augur

So you don't have a rogue or ranger that does better than 300k in 200 sec?
  4. Seldom Augur

LMAO, thanks for the laughs P2aa/Xanathol types in this thread. FYI: I don't care if Paladin dps is nerfed. If it is, I want it on the merit of what Pal's are sustaining for. All tanks are probably putting out too much, Paladins are no where in the realm of what Warriors "easily" sustain for with hardly any effort and a single brain cell. Tanks mitigation is more superior to DPS classes than it's "ever" been. Yet some of you guys think it's balanced to put out that type of dps as a tank lol. I can't even lol. I play a highend Pal-War-Shadow. Tons of these parses posted are on the way low end of what's really capable if you know what you're doing
    Vdidar likes this.
  5. segap Augur

I actually did that last spring. Boxed three brand new chars up to 105 in about three weeks (while still playing on my regular server so time was split). Only one of the three was a class I'd played before and the 'main' in the set was a new class for me.
  6. gotwar Gotcharms

On the Test server? No. This was posted to give a frame of reference for my "300k+" number (it's actually 320k) I quoted earlier. I'm a bad Warrior - my numbers represent what someone with minimal skill is capable of. A real one can do much, much better. Just so we don't leave anyone out, good SK's can destroy that number too. What a real plate class main can do is competitive with skilled 1st tier DPS.

My "lrn2ply" and "maybe you just suck" comments were meant to be ironic (because I'm bad at the class) but really they were just rude. Would like to apologize to p2aa for that. Just because he's throwing shade at everyone else doesn't mean I should take the bait and do so too.

That being said, stop trying to misdirect and troll when the thread topic is valid. Tank DPS is comparable to actual DPS classes. It's a thing. Arguing over who can play and who can't is just stupid.
    fransisco likes this.
  7. Littlelegs Elder

First things first. My name is Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in the late 1500's and died defending my hovel against a neighboring clan because we, I dunno, stole some sheep or cattle or something. Maybe there was a famine or Lannister scheme involving a little person. Or eunuch. Not important. Turns out I was immortal but I didn't know there was such a thing so I was accused of witch craft. Then Rayden took me under his wing and showed me the ropes and taught me about the Quickening, and as it turns out if he holds the 'Y' button the entire last fight he does something really cool but it's also sort of annoying. But I digress.

I currently pay for 174 gold accounts and have been playing Everquest since the early 1980's.

Wait. Okay. To business! In general any thread that is titled "[blank] Nerf Required" leaves me a little uneasy. Nor am I a proponent of a 'where there's smoke, there's fire' mindset. But it appears that it is possible for at least some tanks to do impressive dps. Now no parse in the history of EVER has proven indisputable or been universally lauded as truth and fact. But I tend to consider myself a reasonable human being with some deductive faculties. And based on my own observations in addition to some considerable pitchfork mongering, I have been swayed to believe that the aforementioned dps output of a tanking class is unlikely to have been the desire of Daybreak Games.

I find the getgud argument amusing, but not really realistic. Good players are going to be good. And to paraphrase one of my favorite quotes by (Hatsee I think?) someone, "The vast majority of people who play Everquest are terrible at it". There is also amusement to be had seeing the flipside of a thread that I have read many times about pets and mercs. Things happen and people post things and life (and somehow this game) goes on.

So things will be adjusted, or not. I'm just happy and quite frankly proud to be a part of this thread.

Also I'm smashed.

Someone summon Enkel so I can lecture him about the proper usage of the word 'Our' vs. 'Are'
    Gyurika Godofwar and Vdidar like this.
  8. Mistatk Augur

9. Kunon Augur

The arguments used by some of you in the various tank threads are highly amusing. Let's sum them up real quick for anyone who hasn't been following or new to these threads.

You can't compare tank DPS with aDPS to DPS classes with aDPS because... Tanks don't always have aDPS. (Ignoring the fact that a lot of DPS classes go without some, most, or all aDPS.)

You can't compare tank DPS w/out aDPS to DPS classes w/out aDPS because... DPS can get aDPS. (Despite the above.)

You can't include any abilities with extended cooldowns in tank parses since they have reuse timers because... Apparently just "reasons".

When providing parses or information about tanks you have to use the lowest common denominator because... Most tanks don't know how to DPS on their toons so its not fair.

When providing parses or information about DPS classes you have to use the best parses from the best toons because... That is what DPS classes should do and people need to get good!

Any parses that are contrary to my argument are invalid because... I say so. (I actually like this argument.)

Riposte damage shouldn't count in tank parses because... It massively inflates DPS numbers when tanking large numbers of mobs and doesn't really count as damage. (I'm not sure, but are you guys asking for riposte to get nerfed with this argument?)

Tanks ability to tank mobs in relation to other classes is irrelevant when talking about class balance or DPS because... Tanks are supposed to tank.

Did I miss any?

The current SK nerf is ridiculous, but some of the stuff about tanks in general is valid.
  10. MagePower New Member

I find it ironic how the 2 guilds (RoTe, RoI) who admit abusing Warriors in DPS groups have finished EoK expansion.

And *now* they are saying it's overpowered and want it nerfed.

[IMG]
  11. Sancus Augur

Did you miss the 30 odd page "balance where art thou" thread Drogba started a month before we beat EoK? And, if it makes you feel any better, we didn't have tanks in DPS groups during progression, though even if we had, claiming doing so is "abuse" is pretty ridiculous.

Don't let facts distract from your conspiracy theories though.
    Drogba, fransisco, Reht and 2 others like this.
  12. Piemastaj Augur

Because beating an expansion where no class does DPS due to a bug with an achievement not allowing classes to crit is the reason why it should be changed. Also considering DPS in ROI have WAY too big of egos to allow Warriors to be in an actual DPS group on current content. Behelit might throw his computer out a window if we gave his spot to a Warr.

You should read some previous posts from people that are some what decent at trolling, this was a pretty bad attempt.
    Reht and Behelit like this.
  13. Mistatk Augur

They could set a theoretical heirarchy of dps. Heres where Bers should be at. Heres where monks should be. Mages. Shadowknights and so forth. I think the issue is they are not balancing them vs. a benchmark, they are balancing them vs. each other, and then also trying to balance them vs. what utility they bring via CC, buffs, or etc. And, its a moving target, and they have limited resources with which to attempt to balance it all. And then you get into unintended consequences of changes to where it causes 3 other things to go out of balance that you didn't predict happening. Why do some class get a great dichomatic and some not so great? Why are some class synergy so much better then others? Is it all parts of attempting to balance, or do they design them all thinking they are good, but then it doesn't work out that way. You would think they could just compile all the data that goes on during raids, they must record a ton of data, and then proceed how they see fit. Also, with in even 1 class like warrior, to some its life or death to dual wield for the appearance, others could care less about it. Some people care to swarm, others have never even tried it. For years i felt berserker was hopelessly weak, now the table completely turns, i'd much rather have them just where they should be the whole time. I'm sure tanks dps will get lowered, in a few months to a few years'ish, but that gets into a kind of long time frame to worry about it. Since the start of EQ seems like classes have all gone through periods of years where they were almost a laughing stock, and then other years they are super good.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  14. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

I'll just say this, let's keep asking for nerfs on each class. If DBG keeps delivering as they have been with nerf after nerf (or "fix" after "fix" for non class related stuff), then soon they will realize they are nerfing their playerbase too... And no amount of chinese RMT farms is going to help when all servers become as populated as Vulak.

Aren't threads asking for X class/archetype to be nerfed against the rules anyways (not like anyone follows any rule at this point).
  15. Maedhros High King

There are so many crazy things in this post I dont even know where to start.
    You should probably share whatever youre smoking.
  16. Behelit Augur

pfft I don't have a big ego.

they did

Behelit > other Zerkers > tanks > other classes

I dont see what everyone's complaining about, this is the way things are meant to be... natural order!
    Sancus likes this.
  17. MagePower New Member

This year is no different to other years tbh.

2012, RoI beats VoA and then Behelit (in particular) and Pie goes on a crusader to nerf Bard Aria. Dev's finally weaken and nerf it.

2016, Furious Rampage too powerful. Dev : Wait, RoI not quite done yet...ok they done..lets nerf it.

It's almost like you guys want easy mode for yourselves...but once you are done, you want to stop the easy mode for others following you.
  18. Maedhros High King

It was altogether a pretty well planned out conspiracy if I do say so myself.
    We found out pretty early on that some of the top warriors in ROI were throwing down exceptional dps parses and I used this knowledge to blackmail Qulas.
    I offered to keep it hush hush about the massive warrior dps that they were abusing if they would agree to share the secret.
    Qulas agreed and since then my warriors have been the missing dps key that was able to propel us through the expansion.
    Monks have been tanking as a matter of fact, you guys are building your groups totally wrong.
    The plan has been in place that as soon as my guild beat the expansion that we would start the slow destruction of the other guilds via the tank dps nerf.
    And we would have got away with it too if it hadnt been for all these meddling kids!
  19. Bigstomp Augur

I really don't see warrior ae dps except for 1 round against trivial mobs.
    (zerkers have same button, rampage)

Roll a warrior, try to make mobs die with rampage. If anything it's just a poor ae aggro tool (but some ae aggro). None of us use it for dps except in ancient content.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

You need to update your sig to include a van.
    Maedhros likes this.