Test Update 02/08/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Wyvern Lorekeeper

A happy medium would be a hit limit of 4-8 mobs for leeching effects as some have stated. It is likely too complicated for devs to program that type of change, but anything less is too class changing. SKs are designed to handle multiple mobs (pet bomb damage, AE taps, AE aggro, rune aggro, etc).
  2. Khauruk Augur

>Unless you multiplied their AC by 100 and their HP by a million they are probably still useless.

Uhmm...no.
    svann likes this.
  3. Derd Augur

If your a healer and can't keep a tank merc alive...
  4. telechir Elder

On the DoT changes, Aristo originally said:

3. We increased damage/mana efficiency over the entire line in a progressive manner. At each level you should be getting more damage per mana than before.

However, several of the Shaman dot lines have been severely reduced in efficiency (Nectar of Woe, Spirespines Pandemic, Livio's Affliction, Phasespider Blood, Nectar of Anguish, Falhoteps Affliction, Nectar of Sholoth, Yubai's Affliction, etc).

Is this an oversight?
  5. Riou EQResource

Probably not, I imagine he was only talking about those things from like 2? years ago and things probably changed, or since Shaman and Necros can boost DoT's further (while having significantly higher in general mana regen on top), maybe they wont enjoy the same thing as the first classes done

Also, since Shaman DoT's weren't mentioned in Patch notes they might not go live (could be first pass at them).
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

1 maybe 2 mobs on a tank merc sure. 3+ the damage spikes will 1 round them pretty much.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

[38420/38418] Chromatic Haze III
    Classes: ENC/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Target Group, MGB: No
    Range: 200', AE Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks) Song, Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    Max Hits: 1 Matching Spells
    1: SPA 302 Base1=360 Base2=360 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Spell Damage by 360% (Before Crit)
    2: SPA 138 Base1=0 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Type: Detrimental
    3: SPA 141 Base1=1 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Max Duration: 0s
    4: SPA 348 Base1=10 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    5: SPA 134 Base1=110 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    6: SPA 480 Base1=-100 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Effect: Current HP less than -100
    10: SPA 294 Base1=100 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 100%
    11: SPA 302 Base1=360 Base2=360 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Spell Damage by 360% (Before Crit)
    12: SPA 138 Base1=0 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Type: Detrimental
    13: SPA 480 Base1=-100 Base2=79 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Effect: Current HP Non Repeating less than -100
    14: SPA 348 Base1=10 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    15: SPA 134 Base1=110 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    Text: You feel strengthened by magic.

Nothing about this says it works on DoTs.

The changes in green allow it to work on SPA 79, which is "InstantHP" or basically what used to be Non-Crit Nukes. (This was changed with EoK to be allowed to Crit for some unknown reason) but it is still a nuke, and not a DoT.

SPA 0 can be either a Nuke or a DoT depending on if the spell has a Duration. SPA 79 is a straight up nuke, regardless if the spell has a Duration or not.

Additionally, there is no need for a duplicate line of SPA 294 because it is not a focus effect and therefore it works for both the one above and below.
    RPoo likes this.
  8. High Voltage Augur

Wish I could understand this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You don't need to. This is the part to take away from it:

The rest is just supporting explanation.
    Vrinda and RPoo like this.
  10. fortuneteller Augur

Maybe a better solution would be to make an intelligent creation of instances of a zones.
    So you cannot create a new zone UNLESS all the instances there are are filled up to 85% capacity.

So if there is a Group(bot), WHO tries to make a new instance, the person will not be able to unless above mentioned, and as soon an instance is created, NeXT try to create one, well cannot be done as not all instances are not above 85% capacity.

The removal of old/new corpses from an instance is bad, as person cannot get rezzed and cannot get back to instance in case of crash.
    I guess a person WHO crashes will get to base zone ?
  11. Krrill Journeyman

For Progression Servers, I think removing Bite of the Shissar is a mistake. What it has done is remedy an imbalance with Rogues and their Backstab. Backstab, at least for me, only hits at best 50% of the time, while other similar skills, like kick, seem to hit at a much higher rate. Backstab should hit every time if the Rogue is behind the mob. Fine, remove Bite of the Shissar, but then fix backstab.
  12. Ishtass Augur

Sooo... it works on dots?
  13. Asmadeus Journeyman

Nope. Dots with a nuke component will use charges on every tick for no benefit that I could see.
    (The nuke component gets boosted as intended, just ticks waste charges as people have been complaining. It looks like dots without nuke component don't have that problem. My sampling has been rather poor with just mind storm and drown)

Basically get to time haze between ticks when you burn, and pray you nuke fast enough if you get a gift of hazy thought as these can't be controlled. For science!
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree that it is a bad idea to have multiple one group instances. I am just saying there are better ways to achieve that goal.

Pick zones are supposed to make instanced available when a zone becomes too full and camps are all taken. If you are unable to hold a camp for a significant period in a pick zone then it removes the value of the pick zones. More should be done to ensure too many pick zones are not opened rather then force them to close in my opinion. If they somehow get opened or never closed there should be a better way to reduce the number of pick zones.

And reducing bot groups is good. But taken another way it would seem to make the GMs job easier of identifying bot groups. I have checked for bots in instances in EoK but haven't yet seen any that are clearly bots.
  15. gotwar Gotcharms

The charge is, unfortunately, eaten by Drown ticks, or any other tick of a "Nuke/DoT" that uses SPA 79, not just the nuke portion. I don't think there's any way around this.

In addition, because SPA 294 is nukes only, the DoT tick that eats the charge will not receive a critical hit boost. You would need an SPA 273 to affect the DoT crit rate, but that's not likely to happen.

I've posted my thoughts on why this probably is in this thread.

Change was done (I'm assuming) to fix a bug related to SPA 79 being allowed to crit and GoHT (and Chromatic Haze I guess, but lesser issue there).

Edit: But you are correct, it won't work on "just DoTs" or their ticks without the SPA 79 nuke component.

Edit2:

[Sun Feb 12 11:47:18 2017] You feel strengthened by a gift of magic.
    [Sun Feb 12 11:47:19 2017] Your Velazul's Mindlock Wristguard feels alive with power.
    [Sun Feb 12 11:47:19 2017] The gift of magic fades.
    [Sun Feb 12 11:47:19 2017] Your Irae Faycite Shard: Drown feels alive with power.
    [Sun Feb 12 11:47:19 2017] Test One Hundred Three has taken 40265 damage from your Drown Rk. III.
    [Sun Feb 12 11:47:25 2017] You are invigorated by Brell's Invigorating Redress.
    [Sun Feb 12 11:47:26 2017] Your Velazul's Mindlock Wristguard feels alive with power.
    [Sun Feb 12 11:47:27 2017] Your Irae Faycite Shard: Drown feels alive with power.
    [Sun Feb 12 11:47:27 2017] Test One Hundred Three has taken 27054 damage from your Drown Rk. III.

Effective result is an (estimated) 3-5ish % decrease in DPS for anyone with SPA 79 nukedots grouped with an Enchanter (so... Enchanters, mostly. Potentially Rangers or Beastlords). Much more than that if you're unfortunate enough to blow your Chromatic Haze charge on a Drown or Bewildering Constriction tick.
  16. aaaxe New Member

"Buffs th.at allow you to regain health as a percentage of your melee damage will now only heal you for attacks made on your current - This change prevents ripostes made on creatures that aren't your current target from healing you while under the effects of abilities such as the Shadowknight AA ability Mortal Coil"

Why isn't paladin Devout Penitence spell getting the same treatment? basically the same thing when pulling multiple adds.
    Devout Penitence Rk. III
    1: AC_2 (1988)
    5: Mitigate Melee Damage by 20%, 531678 total
    8: Add Defensive Proc: Penitent Mending III rate mod 250
    Penitent Mending III -Increase Hitpoints by 4301

Covers your body in armor, increasing your armor's strength, healing you and your group when you are struck, and absorbing 20 percent of incoming melee damage for 2.0 mins. The armor will dissipate when it has absorbed @5 damage or it has healed your group 48 times.
  17. High Voltage Augur

DoT ticks using CH charges without any benefit cannot be intentional, can it?
  18. gotwar Gotcharms

It still receives the % focus.

And yeah, probably. I don't think there's a way to give the DoT ticks 100% crit without screwing other things up.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  19. Aonodor New Member

I'm not completely understanding this. So if I have pyromancy on, and it procs off one of my fire nukes, is the dot tick going to eat a chromatic haze?
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No it doesn't. DoTs are not affected by it at all and based on how it's set up, they aren't supposed to be either. The only issue is that in specific instances DoT's that also have SPA 79 attached can eat counters without gaining a benefit.