Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Seldom Augur

Beneden, show me a parse of a DPS class equipping sword and board and tanking packs of mobs. Not sure why folks think it's justifiable that some tanks can equip a two hander and sustain the damage of real DPS classes yet those classes can do nothing to tank like them
    fransisco likes this.
  2. Piemastaj Augur

It's fine because they are tanks, they are allowed to do whatever they deem they should be able to. Bringing up facts and previous arguments they have used mean nothing.

Tankquest? :p
    fransisco likes this.
  3. Zaknaffein Augur

I do terrible DPS.
    Bamkan likes this.
  4. Drogba Augur

You are the obvious troll.

More time has passed since my thread which mentioned tank DPS, that thread started when EoK was new, and many were still working on their AA counts. The longer that tank dps goes unchanged, the more members of the EQ community will become aware of the current state of tank DPS and at some point you'll only look a fool to continue lying about it.
    fransisco, Vdidar and Turayalon like this.
  5. Corak Elder

Here is some actual data. My warrior is in full EoK T2 group gear, and has about 13500 AA. I am three boxing in Droga with a 105 mage and 105 chanter, plus 2 healer mercs and a wiz merc. So the adps on the warrior is just chanter haste and mage ds. With this gear and two healer mercs, for killing trash in Droga to try to spawn a named, I can use dual wield for better dps but still need the better defense from that compared to 2-hander. Some mezzing on the ENCH allows me to avoid switching to the shield on the WAR on anything but names. I am dual wielding the wurmslayer and Sha'Tu doom 1hb. I am running only the usual "always up" defensive type discs, except I have up the permanent Battle Leap dps buff.

Parsed over 87 goblins in Droga, my guys did:

Warrior 41790 dps / Ench 36282 dps / Mage 31617 dps

I am very pleased with the Warrior's routine dps output. What my WAR does not do, in my setup anyway, is burn on the named. His dps goes down to maybe 15000 on a named, and the Mage or my Wizard in that spot does 175,000 dps or so. I think the Mage would beat the WAR in routine trash dps if I was playing the Mage more actively instead of using as a third box one button dps.

I am not sure how to insert an image, but the parse image is uploaded at: http://imagebucket.net/xmh7wzf4lcli/Droga_87_mobs.JPG

None of this seems broken or nerf-worthy to me, as regards WAR dps.
  6. Fintank Augur

Apparently using older scaling content proves nothing and tank DPS against current content is meant to take a huge dive to some of you. I will admit that some things done in the HA's can't be done completely molo in current content. So how about we use a raid parse! In a raid setting how high should a warrior be and for how long? I personally think a warrior should never top the parse at any point in time during a raid and should never crest over a DPS class.

[Sat Feb 11 23:25:13 2017] Zaknaffein tells you, '/GU Combined: A Di`Zok mender in 854s, 3360632k @3935166sdps --- #1 Zaknaffein + pets 248221k@290657sdps (292024dps in 850s) [7.39%]

The above parse is taken from the Queen raid (Chardok 2). Zaknaffein was in a Melee adps group that consisted of a Rogue, Bard, Shaman, Beastlord and Monk. Anyone who has ever grouped, raided or talked to Zaknaffein knows he is an exceptional player which means this is probably close to or the best a warrior can do DPS wise. Not every warrior is going to be able to parse like this, but the fact that some of us can is very wrong. I invite you to inform me of why you think this is fine or how it should be etc. Last I checked there's only 3 classes able to sustain near that high for that long, Berserkers, Necromancers and Rangers. I'm sure there's some guy/girl out there of a different class that's doing similar numbers, from what I've seen this is my list. Please don't de-rail the thread because I didn't include Druids or something.

So forum trolls what's the next reason why this isn't enough data to support the fact tanks are extremely OP atm in terms of DPS.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/121517353 Zak's twitch of that particular raid!
    fransisco, Astinox, Vdidar and 5 others like this.
  7. Zalamyr Augur

Given the devs track record with "fixing" things, the response to this will be to remove all weapon skills for warriors and let them hand to hand.
  8. Xanathol Augur

Says the guy who started the recent trolling posts with a "wow! look at me!" video that wasn't even that impressive. Seriously, go back to whatever you main is.
  9. Kobrah Augur

He didn't pad with neglection flayer + rampage spammage exploit for 4 mil dps ae style ? Aww man .. rerun that raid !!
  10. Drogba Augur

They weren't trolling posts at all.

You're a hateful chap that wishes he could drive half as well as I do ;)

By all means, keep commenting on subjects like tank dps, subjects that you are completely out of touch with.
    Jondalar, Manaelil and Vdidar like this.
  11. Mistatk Augur

this is INSANE. Of course the warrior did 300k dps and the sk swarmed, when they have MAGE DAMAGE SHIELD. If you want to get to the heart of the problem, look at MAGE DAMAGE SHIELDS, that's what allows all this in the first place. Also, why can only mage do mod rod? all class can res now, why can ONLY MAGE do this ability. BERS and MAGE is the class that need nerfed, not tank classes.
  12. Mistatk Augur

also 1 other thing to consider. warrior can do whatever they can do with their best burn of 2h while not tanking. that is 1 kind of dps. Seperately, tanking 3, or 6 or 9 of whatever mobs, and riposte hits to many mobs, that is a different kind of dps. I.E you cant add 1 warr to a group or raid and say ok on this 1 single mob dont tank it just dps it and do 300k dps for 10min, that wouldn't happen. Now you can say, we are giving you unlimited heals, tank 5-10 mobs at a time and riposte all the hits, and add up all that spam of damage, and it is 300k dps for 10min. But, that is apples and oranges. Not saying tank dps is, or is not too much currently. Just saying to have accurate comparisons you can't compare single target non tanking warrior dps, and all riposte tanking packs of mobs, dps. Those are 2 seperate things. Like with the sk nerf, it isnt to nerf vs. a single mob, its to nerf against packs of mobs. I think all parses shown thus far in this thread, are about riposte damage. Take the ability to riposte away from tanks, is just 1 way you could address that dps, vs single target non tanking dps.
  13. Sancus Augur

I'll be honest, I can't tell if you're joking or serious here. I initially thought you must be joking, but your second post has me on the fence.

With regards to your second post, if you had watched the twitch stream you'd know the warrior wasn't tanking. But yeah, we should probably chalk that up to riposte damage.
    kizant and Drogba like this.
  14. Drogba Augur

People have been trying to work out if Mistatk is joking for years. :)
  15. GoldenFrog Augur

Have you people crying about the injustices in the world EVER made it a better place? Always crying for stuff to be TAKEN from people; never given.

In every single case I can think of, it's resulted in more anger, unhappiness and people enjoying the game less - at a time those are the OPPOSITE of what we need from people.

Of all people right now, Drogba, I'd think you'd wanna give things a minor pause from your observations. Guess I should know better.

I can't believe so many are STILL so self-righteous in their superiour knowledge of what's best for everyone in this game.
    Roxxanna likes this.
  16. Mistatk Augur

So. I tried to watch the Twitch thing. It was quite blurry for me, for whatever reason. What i was looking for was live parseing, or to be able to see the actual hits, so that i could see that 300,000 damage was being done every second, for 800 seconds straight, just by meleeing. I see the parse that says [Sat Feb 11 23:25:13 2017] Zaknaffein tells you, '/GU Combined: A Di`Zok mender in 854s, 3360632k @3935166sdps --- #1 Zaknaffein + pets 248221k@290657sdps (292024dps in 850s) [7.39%] and i see the video of the people fighting. I cant discern for myself that for every second of 850 seconds the warrior is just meleeing not riposteing anything, and doing 300k dps. Anyhow. assuming the designers of the game are capable of making a sample group and hitting a test dummy or some mobs, its hard for me to believe they dont know what numbers any given class put out. Like i say, I can't see well enough on the video to make out the actual numbers that are going by in the spam windows, i dont see a time stamp, or a live parse, or anything that would help me know that it is 15min of non stop 300k sustained dps, and how much the new synergy buffs from other classes are adding and etc etc. I do see sometimes the main player loosing health and getting healed, so im not sure how there is 0 tanking and ripostes, unless that is just 100% all spell AE damage. Again. Not disagreeing that any tank class may be doing too much dps. but 1- they should each be treated individualy, sk - warr- pala are maybe not all meant to do the same dps as one another. Since sk/paladin just gained 2h stance, and warrior always had that, there may be different issues between them.
  17. Riou EQResource

The Devs aren't going to double every DPS in the game to match Berserkers to bring them up above classes who shouldn't be reaching current real DPS classes

They never have and they never will
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Bad dps (other than monks who need a boost) lose to tanks.

Good dps (including monks, but again, they need a boost) make tanks look silly in real world situations.
    sojero, Xeladom, p2aa and 1 other person like this.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Ie: bad dps are bad dps. They could nerf tanks, wizards, necro's, mages, ... keep going through the classes and the bad dps will still be bad dps. Play better.
    Xeladom, p2aa and Xanathol like this.
  20. Igniz Augur

Pretty sure, this thread will get mage pets nerfed again. After all, as official "Warrior/Wizard Hybrids" (wink@Mistatk), every nerf that goes to our parent class should hit the offspring first!

And nerf mages, just for the lols, again! After all, I saw a mage using rains recently, so they havent yet been completely rendered useless!
    fransisco likes this.