Necro/Shm dot changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Paravar, Feb 8, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

Oh, guess I was wrong. Thought there was a separate twincast for dots. Sorry for the confusion.
  2. Lheo Augur

btw forget all Gamechanges and FIX login asap...
  3. Paravar Journeyman

Heard something in Gen chat this morning. Someone claimed to have inside knowledge about the dot's situation and said that dev's were undecided to change nec's dot's at all..due to the complexity of them. While i'm very glad that everyone has recieved dot upgrades, wouldn't this just push nec's further down the line on group and raid contribution? I know this could have been someone just spouting off..but, the fact that no-one has heard anything concerning nec's has me a little concerned. There seem to be so few nec's as it is.
  4. Siddar Augur

Nope it worked on DoT's for nerco's for the little while we had it HoT beta.
  5. Slippry Augur

Tell us more stories about your uncle who works at DBG, and totally knows about the next dot changes, but only talks about it on the playground general chat.
  6. Paravar Journeyman

Haha, relax francis. I just made a comment that i heard this morning from someone talking from test server to FV server. It most probably is false..just caught my attention. Didn't mean to get your jimmies all bunched.
    eqgamer likes this.
  7. Mykaylla Augur

Anyone who does have more knowledge of what the devs are currently doing or not about necromancer DoT changes prior to the rest of the playing population would have signed an NDA that would prohibit them from saying anything without an okay from said devs to say so (I'm one of those people). I would however point out two things:

1. General chat is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. You can probably get better information about EQ devs from Hello Kitty Island Adventures.
    2. I would say you will have an answer to where necros stand on DoT revamps soon, not Soon(TM).
    Chaosflux and Belexes like this.
  8. Vanlaven Elder

Though i doubt its true that they would pass necros by with dot revamps, if it did come to be i would be interested in exactly where that would leave necros. I honestly think that if that were the case, sham would be capable of nearing or surpassing necro dps if their revamp goes live as is. I love high efficiency sustained dot classes and would likely reroll sham if that were the case as they would be far better at root roting and such with the bonus of being much more group friendly
  9. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

No NDA - just my opinion... They'll have to revamp necro dots just like every other class. The only other alternative is to increase the debuff slots on mobs so that all the classes with new dots can actually use them. In the end, it's really just that simple.
  10. Paravar Journeyman

Very true Mykalla, general chat is really not the place to get the best and accurate info. Humbly stand corrected for bringing it here :)
  11. ~Mills~ Augur

Shaman are closest dot class to necros. So expect something very similar to what shaman are currently seeing just balanced around our higher crit rate and that we have a few more burn tools. But shaman have on demand twincast, AA to boost dot crit, tons of dot lines, super mana regen and they are currently rolling in dot power.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  12. Vanlaven Elder

Yep i agree and just to be clear I am 100% in favor of what sham are seeing atm. In no way am i advocating any kind of reduction to their buffs. Jist incase it seemed otherwise. The thing is, as u mention necros do have more burn tools, but thats because they are a dps class and not an adps. They should essentially get about the same amount of buff to their dots reguardless of the fact they they have more toold to enhance them because i see no need to sham to close the dps gap on necros at all tbh. Which they would still do btw simply because as far as i know their mana regen capability far exceeds necros. If i push hard i can currently go mana negative over a period of time even rotating death bloom/ blossom and blood magic. I dont think a sham can utilize both aa and spell cani and still go mana negative in the long run with only dps tools so they should gain some reguardless or the dmg % increase necros get on or dots UNLESS necros gain more efficiency on their dots than sham.

Personally i miss when death bloom actually restored 70-80% pf your mana for the price ...death if u didnt have a tap running in something lol. I would love to see that come back
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. Quixotic Journeyman

/cry... and they still refuse to fix Bard dot damage ;(

(Though I am happy for the druids... They needed a little DoT love.)
  14. Biltene Kingslayer

Mykaylla has sekrets!
    Mykaylla likes this.
  15. Mykaylla Augur

The secret is out- I signed an NDA!
  16. shiftie Augur

Demigod
    Chaosflux and Mykaylla like this.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The first rule of NDA club is you do not talk about NDA club.
    IblisTheMage and Mykaylla like this.
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

On demand twincast?? Unless there was a spell ninja added the only form of twincast we get is for heals only.
  19. Raccoo Augur

Fleeting Spirit is an AA for twincasting dots/hots 20 counters total. Only other activated ability for shaman for dots is 1st spire, which increases chance to critical dot by 30%, which I think brings it up to about 80% chance to critical crit. Third spire is used more regularly though to aid melee dps.
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

Necros will be beasts after dot revamps :). This is exciting :)

Narrowing the gap to Beserkers, improving DPS all around. This is a really good development.
    Janakin likes this.