Time to reroll

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Millianna, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Millianna Augur

Should I take the risk and reroll as pally or simply go with a war?
  2. Khauruk Augur

Whatever you want, but frankly to decide you're going to reroll over this is pretty silly, especially since it hasn't even hit live yet, and may be modified before doing so, or at the next patch.
  3. Millianna Augur

That's what someone told me about my mage... after two and a half years I finally jumped off that boat. Think I will jump off this one early. I don't want to put myself through that BS again.
  4. Vdidar Augur

if you play flavor of the month you'll continually reroll
  5. Tereil Elder

I'll probably keep playing my chanter/SK/mage combo. It's enjoyable. I didn't string chanter runes together, and since she doesn't rune tank, I believe epic, 105 unity, VoM, then Eldritch will be enough if she grabs aggro. If not, I guess it's time for more use of stasis. Haha.

I am very concerned with the leech abilities though. Group geared up to TDS T1/CotF T2 armor (working on progression for those right now because it's fun) on SK, and definitely CANNOT swarm a bunch of white, and probably not DBs with the SK. Epic and MC allowed for 1-2 extra mobs with a sense of danger though. Shall see.
  6. Rorce Augur

This.

The character I play the most (which I actually don't consider my main) is an SK, and I have no intentions on benching him.

Tho I must admit, the most fun I've had in this game in recent history is swarming entire CotF HA's and AEing it all dead with Berserker. Ah, the good times.
    fransisco likes this.
  7. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Hard times coming for SK and Enchanter....I hope they reconsider some of the nerfage. Both are rather large and I think they are over doing it.
  8. Vdidar Augur

You do realize that outside of one test patch in the last year or so if it hit's test it goes live. The only exception being the pet nerf they backed off of last month.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

My thought is to let some time pass before you decide.

My guess is that the new SK will be a lot of fun to play, even if it is a different experience, and even if you have to adapt a lot.

Other classes have had nerf after nerf, for years, and they are still fun to play. Daybreaks game designers actually have a clue, the game in general is in a much better state than before, and all classes will see nerfs from time to time. Chances are, if you switch main, your new class will be up in a year or two, especially if you go for War or Pal, you will probably not have to wait years for that.

No classes are unplayable now, some classes are very OP. The game designers will continually be changing the balance of the game, requiring players to continually adapt. Unfortunately, there is no alternative.

I agree that the current nerf seems to be way too harsh, but maybe it is a good idea to wait and see how the game play experience is affected.
  10. fransisco Augur

SKs and all tanks are still shining. SKs simply aren't as OP as berzerkers after this patch.
    If you're jumping ship over that, your only choice is berzerker.
  11. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

If enough complain there is a slim chance that they will change it. I'm here in hopes for a slim chance rather than no chance at all of a change.
  12. Throkmorten New Member

Be sure to thank Drogbaa of RoI for swarming FM with no healer and posting the video for all to see...nerf was imminent cause of that guy!
    Ankarv likes this.
  13. Vdidar Augur

You know if you were to dig deep enough on the internets there may or may not be more videos of sks soloing eq.
    Sancus and fransisco like this.
  14. Thraine Augur

yeah but those guys arent dumb enough to post it on the eq forums lol
  15. Dreezzt New Member

Look at Drogbaa's gear plus he is an exceptional player just because one SK can do this does not make it the norm.
  16. fransisco Augur

Drogba said he did this before he had any EoK raid gear...
  17. Sindaiann Augur

Meh I find that hard to believe about the gear part considering I had 2pcs by 11/26/16 (possible I guess if he didn't care about visibles dropping in T1 and was waiting for non vis stuff in T2/T3), but that said Lcea and FM aren't hard zones, nothing in EoK really is tbh. Easily doable with just TBM raid gear with some anny pcs etc + max augs and obviously his skill.
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Millianna Augur

An SKs class defining ability for ages, has been it's ability to tank multiple trash mobs without always having to burn a disc. With this change, any war or a paladin can do what that and more better. What's the point?
  19. Sancus Augur

I'm not in favor of these nerfs, but the gear argument is pretty weak when T2 group gear is comparable to the TBM raid gear he made them in.
  20. Seldom Augur

The constant over/under exaggeration of class abilities is a big reason why SK's got the nerf bat. Even with the leech course changes SK aggro still "destroys" paladins, sustained dps easily beats paladins (even more so after dot changes roll out if they follow trend of other class dot changes), ability to stack up much more mitigation/purple hp when in a difficulty encounter by hitting reavers bargain still exist. While I don't agree with the leech changes in the slightest, let's not pretend other classes magically do everything better than you now. Had other SK's been remotely honest like Drogba instead of going nah, all tanks can do this exact same stuff, except with "less" mobs, probably would have helped your situation
    fransisco and IblisTheMage like this.