Discussion in 'Player Support' started by kemal, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celes Darkstar New Member

So far no response anywhere. Not Twitter, not EQ, no where :(. DBG really had crap service, they make enough money off this progression server, they need to start taking care of their customers!! This is ridiculous!
    toodlem likes this.
  2. dupliciti Journeyman

This is becoming common. Yup. Unable to log onto game yet again.
  3. Celes Darkstar New Member

Maybe we should all start trolling them on twitter, and giving them bad press, maybe then they will actually use the $ they earn, to maintain things!
  4. Vaxpo Elder

It keeps telling me that I don't have a valid subscription...but I do. In fact, it just charged my card on Feb 6th...
  5. Meutrich New Member

Same here. Over the last weeks issues with log in. I'm a paying customer and i really want the service i pay for with my money, not this.
  6. Redeux New Member

Nor' easter blowin, bought Empires 3 days ago, now "Time out error!!!".
    My bill comes due in a week.
    Don't you want my money?
  7. moogs Augur

It's not an EverQuest-specific problem. It's affecting all of their games. So it's not exactly fair to blame the EQ dev team for this ongoing BS. They need to look into some staffing changes, because that is what would happen at any other company.
  8. Namarta Journeyman

Well, if they would just say 'Hey, Bob's team is sucking right now' at least then we could direct our frustration at Bob.
  9. Namarta Journeyman

Accountability seems lacking from the customer's perspective
    Turbodog likes this.
  10. Warpeace Augur

That's ok if you can get in its a roll of the dice if your toon will still be All Access. Got one account suddenly flagged as FTP but shows more than 200 All access days remaining:( . Cant even log the 3rd account in keep getting time out errors if I don't get the Launchpad failed to connect error first.
  11. TarewMarrForever Augur

The worst part was I *was* logged in and went to switch toons and now I'm stuck out on all of them. Come here to check out WTH is up and as it turns out, login has been down for almost an HOUR!!!

How is this possible in 2017? If login for any of the MMO's I've worked on was down, unannounced, for almost an hour, heads would ROLL!

Forget automation that should exist that can detect and correct this problem, does DBG even have a NOC that has a runbook that can fix it? How is that not a thing?

I mean c'mon, this is crazy. Login server has been wedged AT LEAST a half dozen times in the last month. It happens every few days. It's NUTS. It just needs restarting, but there is NOBODY ther to do it, and the AUTOMATION does not exist to do it! CRAZY!!!

DBG: HIRE A CONSULTANT!!! I know you are running the ship with a skeletal staff and can't afford any FTE's, but at least bring in a veteran who knows how to automate this stuff and in a few days, he or she can have the proper automation in place so that you provide at least two 9's worth of planned uptime...
  12. Exmortis_MT Augur

True, but we can blame them for not taking a few minutes to communicate.

I expect problems, I expect down time, I expect the unexpected.

What I do not expect is to be left in the dark. Simply take the time to communicate, they have people who are not developers, why is it seemingly so difficult? This isn't about me, I do not care about "the patting of the head", but most do, and these are paying customers.

Something game companies have yet to figure out, "The warm and fuzzy" goes along way.

A very smart boss once told me "Fix the customer, and the problem will fix itself". Wise words, SoE/DBG never learned. Maybe it is time.
    eqgamer and Turbodog like this.
  13. moogs Augur

The login error message just changed from a generic one to a specific error that says that it's a temporary problem. So somebody in San Diego just woke up. Their social media manager will probably be the next one to get out of bed.
  14. Mukkul Augur

The server that goes down the most is the one server they don't list the status of.
  15. Namarta Journeyman

I've been getting Error NBE-1013 for over an hour now. Has not changed for me, yet. Hopefully, this will be resolved and we get something other than an apology from DBG. I contend we ask for answers and accountability
  16. Lassiter Journeyman

Keep trying and stop coming o here to shame daybreak. You're an . Get used to it snowflake.
  17. Lassiter Journeyman

Keep trying and stop coming o here to shame daybreak. You're a bugger. Get used to it snowflake.
  18. Derpfest Journeyman

cant get in!
  19. Dragon Jockey Lorekeeper

Yep...can't log in.
  20. noclue Elder

2-9-2017, login not working x2
    getting the standard "error" message
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.