Mage Claw

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Manaelil, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Manaelil Elder

I'm getting tired of clarifying this and I'm not going to do it again. Instead I'm going to link you to hooked on phonics since you seem to have the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader.

https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Also for the last time I am going to repost what this thread was about. It was literally 2 posts ago.

"What I wanted was to establish a consensus that copying abilities is a stupid way to rectify class imbalances. This thread was never going to make me popular but reputation in an online game is less important to me than expressing what I believe to be the truth."
  2. Cicelee Augur

NO MAGICIAN ASKED A DEVELOPER FOR A WIZARD CLAW-LIKE SPELL.

None. No one.

So don't get upset at the magician coalition. Send a private message to a developer. They are the ones who did this.

ps- Am I in the magician coalition? And if not, how do I join? Or am I so bad at summoning mod rods I am not allowed in?
    Belexes likes this.
  3. Manaelil Elder

4. Brohg Augur

Nothing about lashing out at more mentally stable high level players makes you look like a reasonable presenter of truth.
    Igniz, IblisTheMage, Belexes and 2 others like this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Does not remotely match:
    You were irrational/angry/whatever and posted drivel. Stating that your intent was benevolent (I'm even willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and say it was) doesn't make the original drivel not drivel.

All that being said, I bet there are a lot of people who'd agree with your general premise (I.E., blurred class lines suck), had you started off on the right foot (I'd have even been one of them!). Instead you accused Mages of conspiracy and cried, and this is the fruit of that endeavor. I'd say pack it in, but it's your show, hoss.
    Igniz, Belexes and Sancus like this.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

I think you are wrong on your assumption. Mages are below wizards in DPS, as it should be. 60% is a figure I have seen, I think it is between 60% and 75%. But we get pets, and we love the little bastards.

I also think 3 weeks is way too short to get a good feel for this. Get some more time before you form your final opinion.

You had a claim about our "claw" being our nr. 1 spell. Storm of Many is our (mine?) no. 1 spell. It is way cooler than "claw". I am not that impressed by the "claw". I don't need mana, I don't need to lower my aggro, the twin cast is nice, but when you factor it in, it is just a percentage added to the damage, and it does not stack with my 3 other sources of twincast (ITC, TC, Aura). It is actually also a continuation of our Fickle-line, and procs the Flames. As Sancus says, it does not stack, being on '124, I think I have the Flames part down to a 7% increase in base DPS, and it does not crit. I can look it up... And it is not new, Fickle has always had this, since lvl 69. The best part of the spell is its damage, mana, casting time, and recast. The "claw"-inspired aspects don't do that much for mages.

I also think you are a really strange guy. I really cannot understand why you would go to a forum, and get so emotional over another class. You have taken a rather unsophisticated class that can nuke (and teleport), and then get reiled up over other classes-that-can-nuke getting nukes that are weaker versions of your classes nukes. That is silly, and ilogical. Why the smurf are you antagonistically addressing the mage community on this board? Which sentiments are claw-thefts and your narrative of the mage community substitutes for? You realize we are just geeks and nerds like yourself playing a computer game, designed by a for-profit company, right? Also, you do you realize that we are only replying so politely to your ridiculous post because we are used to 50% of our friends being social inepts, and that we can all use some space to space out sometimes? Love, and you are being a fool. Stop it. Love again.

I also realize by reading this thread that there are more than 2-3 mages that post regularly, and that is actually quite amusing. You are right, the mages are well represented on these boards, better than wizards, whom have a tendency to complain about Mana Bun and other silly stuff. Unfortunately, this coalition have had unsatisfactory beneficial impact on the mage class in general. Let this therefore be a performance review on the mage junta, the Coalition of Conjurors, (or CoCs, if you will). You have been weighed and found wanting! All that brain power, unity, and direct connection to the developers, and what have you gotten us? What have you gotten us?! I can tell you what you have gotten us, you have gotten us pet nerfs, gentlemen! SHAAAAMMME! SHAAAAME! *points at the other mages accusingly with wild eyes*
    fransisco likes this.
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

Shhhh! We don't joke about that anymore.
  8. Belexes ForumQuester

Did you forget this? This is why you are getting grief. I would say reading comprehension is just fine.

9. Belexes ForumQuester

You gotta be a heroic mage. It comes with the purchase.
  10. kizant Augur

I may be a little confused but what stacking issue do you mean with Aura? The enc tc aura or something else?
  11. Brohg Augur

It's a pretty disingenuous complaint. He's saying the 3-tick twincast proc only makes him twincast 83% more than AAs+Twincast Aura already do, not 100% more, whatever that would mean. Triple casts? I mean, I'm on board but lol
    kizant and Sancus like this.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

I am probably wrong on that one (also). I just got into my head that the effect was small... Like 1 cast. I will go study the spell in detail now :)

---

Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Chance to Twincast by 100%
    2: Limit Effect: Current HP
    3: Limit Effect: Exclude Twincast Blocker
    4: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    5: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    6: Limit Type: Detrimental
    Text: Your detrimental magic splits with the focusing of Twincast.

Ok, so it is 10% ITC for 18 secs, not 1 cast of TC... missed that, my bad. It averages out to 100% TC for 1.8 sec, which is actually quite good, it would mean that on average, every time you cast it, the next (fast) spell would be TCed.

I was wrong on that one.

Learned a new word: disingenuous :).
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

Yes.
  14. Sancus Augur

It's 100% twincast for 18 seconds.
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

10% that it triggers, so while not entirely correct, on a large number of events, the effects of having 1.8 sec of TC after each Chaotic Fire would be comparable. It is a quick and dirty for evaluating the effect, gut-feeling-math-ish.
  16. Sancus Augur

Not really, if it lasted 1.8s after you casted Chaotic you'd just be out of the GCD by the time it wore off.
  17. Brohg Augur

You're also probably not gut-feeling-ing, in that interpretation, the over half chances of continuing to Twincast, if you twin 3 Chaotics in that 3 ticks.
  18. kizant Augur

Ok was just checking. So, no actual stacking issue with aura.

Maybe one reason why this is a sensitive topic is because some of the best wizard moments involve claw/havoc proc'ing twincast 2, 3, even 4 times in a row. It's rare but pretty awesome when it happens. Now mages may get to share in those rare awesome events. :( Basically what Brohg was getting at while I was typing.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  19. GoneFission Augur

If I was going to get any class abilities added to my mage it wouldn't be wizard claw spells. It would be crowd control. A knockback root, a calm spell, short duration mez- anything like that would be far more useful to me. Even a snare to separate mobs into main pet/minion pet pulls would be more useful.
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

I would prefer not to get any of those. I want to have as baddass a pet as possible, and nuke. You are describing an enchanters role :)