Mage Claw

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Manaelil, Feb 6, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

I guess I misunderstood. I apologize Kizant
  2. Cicelee Augur

To me, it doesn't matter how you get to the end result, as long as you get to the end result. The conversation should not necessarily be about what spells and abilities are "farmed out" to other classes, but rather the conversation should be if the classes are balanced.

If magicians did not get a claw-like spell to help in the sustained department, then what would you propose? Magicians needed something to balance out the improvements and extra things that a wizard got, in order to be competitive. As it stands now, I am losing to good wizards on short events and beating them on long events. Which is the end result between the two classes.

At the end of the day, there is still enough differences between a wizard and a magician that would sway someone to play either class. One claw/chaotic spell does not make the classes equal.
    Sancus and fransisco like this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

I also love how threads like this also completely and conveniently omit the times when said complaining class was exceptionally strong, even as recently as 1-2 expansions ago.
  4. fransisco Augur

Strong as in competed with Wizard burns? Cause that has never happened.

Mages were strong in that they could single tank 1 mob without adds very well.
    That is not the case anymore (though SKs can now swarm EoK mobs without a cleric, go figure).
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

This has got to be one of the most hilarious threads I have read in here for some time.

Please continue.

God, l love reading nerd rage threads. :p
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Mainly I was referring to TDS-ish raiding where wizards were doing extremely well (to put it mildly). AKA the "said complaining class" I was referring to was Wiz, not Mag.

But the same could be said about when berserkers were ridiculous glass cannons of pure derp, or for many other periods of ups and downs for lots of other classes. It's cyclical, but people just throw their heads in the sand when the times are good, then hunger entitlement strike when things aren't.

But all that's forgotten now, the current narrative is outrage that zerks are broked, tanks out parse dps classes, and the (apparently powerful) upstart mage lobby are responsible for takin' wizard's jerbs! Derkuhhderrrrrr!
  7. ~Mills~ Augur

It happened for quite awhile before and after TDS. I am curious, if you could describe the phrase "doing extremely well" for wizards in one word what would it be????
    Sheex likes this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I'd have to go with....susturst!

(You're still my boy, Blue.)
    fransisco likes this.
  9. ~Mills~ Augur

Such a copy cat!

Sheex said:
    “If you had to use one word to describe this unholy and oppressive trend of combination dps classes, what would it be, good sir? <3”

Susturst

If you had gone with the correct answer I could have then asked what would you call present day berserkers? Berstained???
    Sheex likes this.
  10. Espiritun Augur

The mages are so understanding of class sharing abilities that surely giving Wizards COH wouldn't interrupt this rousing rendition of Kumbaya now would it?
  11. Cicelee Augur

FWIW magicians do not have "Claw", we have "Chaotic". Cause you know, we are chaos and stuff.

I am still waiting for my pets to be nerfed from this thread. Maybe March update...
  12. Manaelil Elder

Zerkers are brokenly OP. The fact that you're calling it a narrative when everyone and their mothers know that zerkers are game breakingly OP shows your dishonesty.

Also Necros were the top during TDS. Not wizards.
  13. Sancus Augur

The February patch notes should be posted today, there's still hope!
    Cicelee and fransisco like this.
  14. fransisco Augur

Test is down, but they havn't released the patch notes.
    Will it be stated nerfs, like removing the taunt ability from them.
    Or more accidental/stealth nerfs, like removing pets abilities to use items.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

There's always a narrative on these forums, regardless of the state of each class. You seem to have utterly missed the point, which is that people are crying when their class isn't winning, then silent when their class is the flavor of the month. As the guy who started a crying thread about your (recently, and still, pretty strong) class "losing something" to a (recently pretty nerfed and mediocre) sibling class, the only one being dishonest here is you.

If and when zerks get brought back to earth, no issues at all with it, though given how awful they were for so long, I'd probably tell them to enjoy their moment in the sun while it lasts.

I'm curious, what did you expect in posting this, other wizards to echo your "they took our jerbs!" cry? Mages saying they don't want an improvement they probably could use, even if it wasn't done the right way?

Nice thread, though.
    Sancus likes this.
  16. Manaelil Elder

Nice try but you've shown your feeble understanding already. You've hit almost every single flawed argument almost like a bingo card.

Wizards were top during tds - Wrong. Parses have shown that necros were higher
    Zerkers should remain OP because they sucked 2 years ago - Wrong. Class imbalances should be rectified no matter how a class was several years ago.

What I wanted was to establish a consensus that copying abilities is a stupid way to rectify class imbalances. This thread was never going to make me popular but reputation in an online game is less important to me than expressing what I believe to be the truth.

As for the fact that I'm 'crying' I seem to recall mages 'crying' about the rain nerf a year and a half ago and zerkers 'crying' during tds. It doesn't surprise me that you are not complaining atm since your mediocrity is being supported by some of the worst class imbalances I've ever seen. A true competitor would want balanced classes but since you probably suck without dps subsidies it doesn't surprise me that you want to keep zerkers broken.
  17. Sancus Augur

Did I miss the Wizard nerf where your core spells were gutted? And where in this thread you asked for boosts to Wizards because they were losing to Mages in burst? Wait, you aren't losing to Mages in burst and you're crying about something that... didn't decrease the power of your class at all? Totally still the same thing though.
    Vdidar and Igniz like this.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Who said anything about wiz being "top"? I said "doing extremely well". News flash, so were necros. But this thread was about your class outrage vs mages, so it made little sense to bring up the very different nec class. And who said zerks should remain op? I sure didn't. Keep inventing things, it's as credible as the OP.

You do realize I'm not a wizard or a mage right? I have alts of both but if I'm dps'ing it's usually not with one.

If you wanted to get a consensus of anything, the OP (where you accuse an apparently powerful mage union of leading a charge to steal class abilities) was utterly the wrong way to do it. Angrily accusing the other side of collusion is usually not conducive to creating a consensus on a complex topic.

Nice personal attacks tho, they're fun, too. You stay classy.
    Igniz likes this.
  19. Manaelil Elder

The only time I've lost a parse in years has been when I come back from a long hiatus. This has nothing to do with losing parses. My fondest memories were of tds before the rain nerfs when wizards and mages could actually compete with each other. This thread has nothing to do with that so do yourself a favor and stop assuming things that aren't true.

The point I was making was that underdogs complain and those who are sitting high on the hog don't want the boat rocked. Every class complains and you guys are lying if you are saying that you never have.
  20. Sancus Augur

WTB a nice solid desk to slam my head on...