Luxury Pet Gear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Duhbeast, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Duhbeast Augur

I've been on this kick lately trying to find the best gear to hook up the pet with. August Warborn plate cultural seem to be a nice treat. Serpentine belt from TDS1 with as many castaway peices as I can scrounge seems to be really nice. What have you guys found? Brightedges all day or is there better out there for weapons?
    Ladene likes this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

I stopped more or less giving pet regular gear, since it had a tendency to jinx it :-D /jk For a tanking pet in a challenging zone, death is not a rare occasion (or rather, death by masters death...), and in easier zones, it really doesn't need it...

Rage swords, some times I have bought a rage mask (that is REALLY great for Aggro, but must be combined with a haste belt, I think), so no Brightedge.

Now, if we could get persistent gear AA, this would be so interesting, also they could make more special pet gear types to hunt/quest/raid for. Having only one item (EM) influence such a big part of the game for 3 main pet classes (and that with EM being relatively undifferentiating), is sub-optimal game design from my perspective.
  3. Samatman Augur

As far as I am concerned, anything except for weapons you give a pet goes into a black hole. My reasoning is - we used to be able to give gear to all NPCs. Aside from weapons, nothing was ever equipped. I will believe otherwise when there is a way to inspect pets. #notrust
    Wayylon likes this.
  4. Eanelder Augur

I used to give my pet a slow proc weapon, which was great for soloing ... but they fixed that.

I used to give my pet a snare proc weapon to stop those pesky runners ... but they fixed that too.

Now to make my pet super awesome I give him .... hey... wait a second ....
  5. GoneFission Augur

I started giving my pet a 9 piece set of dimensional warrior armor (only one wrist for pet) on both my necro and mage pets. I noticed a big difference in survivability. I also give the necro pet a haste mask and a pair of brightedges. Looking at the HP stats, I was a little disappointed that the mage summoned armor has so little compared to the dimensional. The higher end summoned pet armor should be boosted.

The stats on the dimensional warrior armor are about 1k HP per slot better than the august, if the coding allows the pet to use it all.
    Ladene, Gyurika Godofwar and moogs like this.
  6. Duhbeast Augur

The items stick on the pet for sure, the items need to be droppable.
  7. Duhbeast Augur

Neat, I will look into the Dimensional Warrior gear. It looks like it has the focus built into arms/legs similar to Castaway, and the August Warborn would require the type 16 aug, which makes it no drop and not able to give to pet anymore. I would assume the coding works, the items stick on there for sure, because if you try to give him something else he won't take it, because he already has the best in slot at the time.
    Ladene, Mintalie and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Thraine Augur

whats the rage mask called? ive been struggling with my mage boxes pets agro a lot, his agro is pathetic even with rage swords. a few good nukes and kicks with my ranger and i find myself tanking
  9. Duhbeast Augur

It looks to be Stormguard Mask, but only available via group TDS currency.
  10. Samatman Augur

Thanks for the confirmation on that.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

There are a few masks in bazar from time to time that gives this, on AB they where 8k-10k PP when I bought them, afterwards they went up to 50k+, and that was too steep for me. Look for face items, by AC, and start from an end. Remember the belts :) when you use the face item.

I stopped using it by maxing out the pet AA, by buffing him, enabling Spellcasting Subtlety ;-), and buy making sure that maxed out Theft of Essence was up at all times. I pull/break mez with an RS pet, which tends to burst aggro a little bit better for me (purely anecdotal), so that the earth pet can take over. I also have a bard to position after pet attack, which also helps, by delaying a few seconds before I start nuking.
    Ladene and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Kravn Augur

RoF attunables work pretty well for nonvis slots... around 2k hp/m/e... can usually find em for 5k or less per slot, and easy to farm up a stockpile of it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Duhbeast Augur

So I've pretty much finalized my pet gear build. Full Dimensional including belt/shoulder, with neck/ring/earing from TDS Charmed and Jewels book. I can't seem to find a good back slot to make, any ideas?
  14. fransisco Augur

NEVER put a cloak on your pet.

The enhanced minion focus functions by putting a cloak with a huge amount of stats on the pet. If you somehow replace the cloak (and make the pet equip something else) it will lose all the effects of the enhanced minion focus
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

How about you put it in a spreadsheet, with stats and everything, and post a screenshot? :)
  16. Duhbeast Augur

I've given them TDS tier 1 drop cloaks from tempest temple, and I didn't notice a huge drop for some reason. Hmmm
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  17. Sancus Augur

Back when pet cloaks had mod2s on them you didn't ever want to replace them, but with the heroic conversion you can max your mod2s with other armor so it won't really matter.

Edit: And no, the cloak does not give all the benefits of the EM focus, it just gave mod2s (and a couple of minor stats).
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  18. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

What non-vis set is good?
  19. Duhbeast Augur

For non-vis I'm looking at Ancient Ritual Mask, Arx Mentis Stud, Forgotten Relic Necklace, Combine Soldier's Ring, but need a ranged/back.
    Ladene and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. fransisco Augur

oh. good to know.
    So don't replace the cloak unless you are filling them with a ton of other gear then?