Veterans Rewards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dave, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Dave New Member

Hi all,

Is there a way to tell how many chars you have flagged on an account for veteran rewards?
    If you grant a char vet rewards and then delete the char do you get the grant back?
    If I have 12 years account time does this mean I can flag a total of 12 chars in total across all servers on this account?

Sorry if these seem noobish but I my main account has 12 years allowance on it and I have 8 chars on bertox i know i have flagged. I have also flagged other chars on bertox but subsequently deleted them. I have a cleric on Fippy I would like to grant vet rewards too but wanted to check some of the 'fine print'.

2. Feradach Augur

I think the limit is 8 players per account. Not sure about the delete thing, but I'd be willing to bet you don't get the flag back.
  3. Naugrin Augur

Afaik, it's 1 toon per year across all servers.
  4. Dave New Member

Thanks for the replies,

I have done some digging, if you delete a char that has vet rewards granted to them you dont get the flag back.
    The number of flags is as you say Naugrin 1 per year across all servers on the account.

Surely there should be some mechanism for being able to find our how many flags you have used?

Razzak
  5. iniari-TR Augur

not quite, you will have to wait til the next year to give rewards to another toon and to a new toon for that year.
  6. Dave New Member

?

This is accurate if I has said I had maxed out my veteran claims, Which I have not and didnt say I had.
    /boggle
    I simply want to know how many I have 'used up' and there doesnt seem to be a way to find this out. The other questions have been answered.
  7. Bigbear Augur

when you first log in a character that does not have vet rewards on it... you will get a message in yellow saying that you can claim veteran rewards.... if you do not get that msg then you will have to wait til the next year of play time as elapsed...hope that helps..
  8. Talif Augur

I've heard rumors that some GMs will give you the Vet Reward 'slot' back if you petition. It doesn't seem to be a set in stone policy either way. No way I know of to check how many you've used, though a petition might help?
  9. yaddab Augur

The only way I know to find out how many character flags you have left is to petition and ask.
  10. Geroblue Augur

If you have deleted a possible character that had vet rewards there wouldn't be an easy way to tell. But last month I logged into all of my accounts and all characters. I made a list of servers, characters, and which ones have vet rewards in the special tab under AAs. Much easier for me to keep track of now. I used openoffice, free copyrighted software. Works similar to MS Office.
  11. Yther Augur

If you haven't transferred characters to another account or to this one with Vet Rewards, and you don't think (should never imho) you have deleted any toons with Vet Rewards, then you can simply count all the toons on all the servers on that account that have them, to know how many have been used, and subtract that from your /played earned time years report to find out how many you have left.

If you have deleted toons with Vet Rewards, those claims are gone for good. If you transferred a character off of the account that had Vet Rewards claimed on the account, those claims are gone also. If you transferred a character from another account to this one, with Vet Rewards claimed on the original account, then you've gained a claim on this account sort of (you gained a toon, but not the claim as the claim was from the original account).

Petition is probably the best way if you have any thing such as transfers or deletions to know for sure.

Yther Ore.
  12. Symbius Augur

I have in the past deleted characters with Vet Rewards and a GM granted new rewards onto the new characters.

However, I have also deleted characters with Vet Rewards and a GM claimed they could do nothing about the Vet Rewards and would only offer to restore the deleted character.

So they either no longer have the power to do it or they just will not do it anymore... OR, it just depends on the GM.
  13. Talif Augur

I've heard reports of people being told no by one GM and granted on the same toon by another a week later. Really seems to depend on the GM.
  14. Tobynn Augur

Once claimed forever gone may be Veteran Rewards policy, but its not necessarily procedure. I had a vet claims reimbursed a number of years ago after one of my lapsed accounts somehow absconded to a different server. o_O When I recovered the account, I found a number of new characters on the account, which I promptly deleted. Some of those deleted toons had claimed vet rewards. I was able to get those claims reimbursed.

Extraordinary circumstances, to be sure, but procedure != policy.
  15. Stumphobbler Elder

Quoted from help.soe.com

"I claimed my Veteran Rewards on the wrong character and would like to have them reset or moved to another character."

Unfortunately, once you claim your Veteran Rewards on a character the decision is permanent and irreversible. Even if you delete the character, the Veteran Reward flag cannot be recovered, nor do GMs have any means of transferring a consumed flag to a new character; there are no refunds. Please take your time to decide which character(s) you wish to have use of the Veteran Rewards before clicking Yes on the confirmation box.

from eq forums
    https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-51037
    at the very bottom it says
    "Caveat - if you used two claims on the same character through a bug, you may be entitled to be reimbursed one of those claims"

So its possible for SOE to flag a toon with vet rewards if you messed up. just depends on how nice the GM is you get i suppose.