Test Update 01/11/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Minato Augur

Just because im curious and dont really min/max my stats on gear (dex/str aside) when do you guys plan to add procs to current EoK belts? id hate to pick one up and when they do get added find out i choose the wrong belt for the proc i need
  2. Sindaiann Augur

They aren't. it was already discussed in the beta thread
  3. Minato Augur

...... really? wow to be on the other end of trolling is kinda harsh
  4. Sindaiann Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/belts.235882/

Just so you know I didn't make it up.
    Minato likes this.
  5. Minato Augur

6. Klaian-Xegony Lorekeeper

Just because I feel like trolling. He put Boons on the group belt. Too bad DBG Devs don't know how to get information out of their databases to make educated and informed comments on when items/effects are added to the game. I would love to work for this company.
  7. Sindaiann Augur

We all laughed at his comment, but what can ya do? We pointed out how inaccurate what he said was. It didn't matter.
  8. svann Augur

9. Sindaiann Augur

No need to have any impression. It clearly says that they were chase items (his words) and not considered to be the standard. He then said that tank slow belts were considered the norm and thats why they stayed (laughable).

Then says not this time. Doesn't mean it won't occur next expansion but for EoK, its pretty clear it won't be changed. (one can still have hope they do a 180 on that however)
    Warpeace and Klaian-Xegony like this.
  10. kthehammy Elder

Can we please get a dev reply in regards to this???

If this goes live, it will be the end to my group.

11. Sindaiann Augur

From my understanding it's not just pets, tanks seem jacked too. Go ahead, push it live and no other guild will beat a t3 raid. Then I can take a month off until it's fixed.

#sarcasm
  12. Vrinda Augur

If tanks are jacked, too, I would have expected an outcry with complaints and parses. Assuming this major nerf (62% increased incoming dps) affects them, too, they're being uncharacteristically quiet.
    svann likes this.
  13. gotwar Gotcharms

Compared tanking parses for Live Vim/Vigor vs Test Vim/Vigor (post patch) and player mitigation seems fine.

Would appear to just be pets.
  14. Vindicate Elder

I'm pasting this over from the bug thread as I haven't seen any discussion on AA that might be affected as well. I'm not really sure how closely pet AC is tied into their AA and why some error in their AC stats would be transferred over to their AA or be causing their AA to broken.

Has anyone noticed any change in how other AA are working and have any parses to back it up?
  15. moogs Augur

I don't want to see this patch until after pet mitigation is fixed. Else I won't bother logging into my 3 gold accounts.
  16. Dzarn Developer

PC Pet and mercenary mitigation on the test server is currently applying the player AC soft cap value and post cap multiplier to PC pet and mercenary total mitigation AC.

This resulted in a drastic reduction in their mitigation and is unintended.

This has been changed for the live patch to instead only apply the soft-cap multiplier to buff AC for pets and mercenaries and should be noted in the patch notes as follows:
    The intended effect of this change is that buff AC for player pets and mercenaries is equally effective as it is for players, rather than 300-400% as effective. Its omission from the test patch notes was a mistake.

Mitigation AC values for a single case to highlight the situation on test v live v the upcoming live patch:
    RPoo and Felicite like this.
  17. Razorfall Augur

Basically you're nerfing pets, but not nearly as hard as they were before.

*Switches the bucket on mage tear collector*
    I think i'm gonna need a few more buckets
  18. Sancus Augur

Thank you for looking at this Dzarn.

While I support the idea behind the change in that pets should receive the same benefits from buffs that players do, I'm concerned with the overall impact on pet tanking ability.

Pets today already take more damage than they did at TDS launch, 2 expansions ago, which in turn took more damage than pets at RoF launch, 2 expansions before that. You nerfed their shielding with the heroic changes, which put them farther behind. Now you're essentially removing 8% of a fully raid buffed pet's AC, more than negating the benefit of any of the AAs we got with this expansion.

It's a bit ridiculous to nerf pets, stagnate pet AAs/foci/spells, and "fix" parts of pet code that pets were tuned around with the end result of decreasing their power.

Pet nerfs are a running joke at this point, especially considering how far behind they are. It's pretty sad to see that, of all of the massive imbalances that currently exist, you spent your time "fixing" pet buff AC. I get that you were probably working on AC anyway, but at least give their base stats a bit of a boost to compensate so it isn't a straight nerf....

It gets tiring having our pets literally move backwards.
    Atvar, Gyurika Godofwar and Felicite like this.
  19. segap Augur

With all the past pet nerfs, lack of EM upgrade, stagnation of mercs, etc, were pets and mercs really mitigating damage too much in EoK to warrant further degradation? Honestly, this makes no sense at all why it was made a priority to change at this time.

So far as I can tell, there were no balance issues being caused by pets and mercs getting some extra oomph from buffs. Earth pets struggle to tank one T2 EoK mob while PC tanks are handling swarms. At least on standard servers. Is this more leakage from TLP that breaks current content?
  20. Vrinda Augur

Am I understanding you correctly to say pets and mercs, whose tanking abilities have stagnated for the last four years, are going to tank even worse than they already do? You do understand this leaves thirteen of the sixteen classes in EQ without a viable option if they can't find a PC tank who wants to do the same content we do. At the same time, properly supported tank classes can sustain more dps than most of the supposed dps classes can.

I detest playing melee classes, but it appears you're giving me the choices of either rolling a tank or quitting EQ. What a kick in the teeth.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.