[NEC] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

What kind of BP focus and clicky do you guys want to see in the next expansion?
    Same one? Old one? New idea? Please give your feedback, it will be passed on to the devs.

Some guidelines -
    - Top 3 spell choices for focusing are suggested.
    - Focuses that impact usability of any spells/abilities are good (ex: heal/dmg focus %, spell haste, reduced timer, extended duration)
    - Wanting same as existing BP is fine

For reference, the current focus:
    [47229] NEC Pyre & Swift Sickness 7
    Duration: 3.3h (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Base Spell Effectiveness by 7%
    2: Limit Spells: Pyre of Jorobb
    3: Limit Spells: Ilsaria's Swift Sickness
    4: Limit Class: NEC
    Increases the damage done by Pyre of Jorobb and Ilsaria's Swift Sickness by #1%.

Current clicky:
    [47234] Essence of Defilement
    1: Summon Pet: S22NecBPEssence3 x 1 for 180s
    Summons an essence of defilement. The essence will strike your target for 12500 damage every five seconds.
  2. Venau Augur

Seems fine as is. I wouldn't, however, mind ditching Ilsaria's Swift focus to something that boosts our pet (like say add an additional level of EM).

It would also be cool if Essence of Defilement would actually do 12500 dmg as advertised instead of the 10000 dmg every 5 seconds.
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

It does need to be changed to work on a group of dot lines if and when necro dot revamps come. Currently the bp effect (and slot 3 augs) only work for a specific spell. Wizards slot 3 augs and bp effect on the other hand work on groups of spells and or older lines.

After revamps in some settings you will use Pyre of Jorobb. But other times due to mana constraints we might have to drop back and use Pyre of Marnak or an earlier version for mana reasons. Since those dots would then no longer stack with Jorobb use then the slot 3 aug and bp effect should be changed so that the bonus applies to all dots of that line or group. So the slot 3 aug for Pyre of Jorobb bonus damage would be applied any time you used Jorobb or Marnak or Hazarak or ... Same with the bp bonus.

Like this. It works for all 3 current ethereals even of other resist types, in our case it would work for say the 3 older versions.
    And this. It works for the prior 6 versions of the one resist type.
    Vrinda likes this.
  4. Brohg Augur

The current BP focus works on the entire spell lines. Everything you typed is obsolete as of 15 months ago. Anything else?
  5. Vrinda Augur

I believe it was the type 3 augs Mills was referring to, not just the BP focus. Necros run out of type 3 aug slots way before we run out of spells that need to be focused with an aug simply because they don't focus the entire line.

If you can point to any official notice I may have missed from 15 months ago, I'd love to see a link to it.

Thanks!
  6. Brohg Augur

Home > Forums > EverQuest Discussion > Class Discussion > Casters > [NEC] BP suggestions
  7. ~Mills~ Augur

So you are trying to blast me for being wrong when its you who is in fact wrong. Lrn 2 read as everything you typed is completely made up in regards to my post.

Current BP that clearly only works for Jorobb. It does not work for Marnak or Hazarak or older versions of that spell line like the nuke version does. It also works on our disease swift line but thats because of the stupid of having group dots:swifts and raid dots.

Slot 3 augs. Limited to only jorobb and not the spell line.

It works like this for now because currently we can stack older lines and would be double or triple dipping on the benefit in some settings. Hence the point of my original post that when the revamps eventually occur that our bp and slot 3 augs should be changed to mirror that of nukes and work on entire spell lines or groups instead of a single spell. But thanks for playing.
  8. Brohg Augur

9. Kunon Augur

He is using the raid robe. Unlike the group robe, the raid robe only focuses Jorobb and Illsaria's and not the previous lines. Why? I don't know, and it was ignored when it was brought up. Like the other classes the focus doesn't stack with the Eye of Decay either which makes it a moot point.
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

Ok so there is one and only one group robe in the game that works that way, excuse me for not realizing that fact.

The other 60+ necro group and raid robes going all the way back to something like TSS up to EoK and even the TBM raid robe that all share the same concept for the focus effect don't work that way. They work for 1 and only 1 spell (outside of the recent one raid and one group swift addition) So you are the one who is right!! The 1 robe of those 60 robes is the rule and not the exception meaning the possible problem after dot revamps is already fixed and everything I posted is in error. You win the internet.

Or you are wrong found one obviously in error robe and are trying to hold on to that fact for some odd reason just to argue.
  11. Aelen Augur

Without knowing what they’re doing to our DoTs it’s hard to guess on what we’d want the focus to be on, but the short pyre’s a good bet for general usability. Maybe no change on the passive?

I doubt having it on the whole line’ll be a big deal for us. They usually don’t make higher level spells less mana efficient, so DPM would stay the same or go down by dropping to a lower tier pyre. I.E., right now, Pyre of Jorobb is slightly more mana efficient than Pyre of Marnek, vanilla, out of the box. There’d actually be an additional slight loss to losing the opportunity to use a GoM proc on a bigger spell. To benefit you’d have to be in a scenario where you knew you were going to overkill something by a lot, but also still somehow do it slowly enough that you wanted to cast a DoT to do it, and also be in danger of running out of mana at the same time.

Clicky-wise, again, we don’t know what’s happening to our class.

I will say,

DO. NOT. WANT. A DoT clicky. Takes up a debuff slot, and these BP click things are tuned to be weak on purpose.

DO. NOT. WANT. A swarm pet clicky, like we have now. It can die, it’s non-scalable, and they have a hit counter the same as the better stuff. I more or less wrote this clicky off back when I thought ours didn’t have a hit counter like the knight ones, it’s even worse with what seems to be an unlisted 16 hit limit.

We might need mana stuff looked at after the revamp. Maybe a mana return click in the form of a Thought Leech style nuke? Or a short term Blood Magic style toy? Those’d be a pretty good Necro flavor, and mana toys have tended to look better than damage ones on BPs for other classes.

Prolly won’t happen, but I’d like something to pop a 12 second buff that reduced the duration of Mortiferous Wounds by half. So every ten minutes we’d get that nice DoT on the end of it a bit sooner.

If we’re down to straight damage as our option, I’d like it in buff form myself. A SPA 303 buff, high value and low counters. None of the ones other classes have are really tuned for DoT classes, since Necro DoTs divide the value of the buff by between 3 and 17, but still use a counter per tick. We get less mileage out of the same thing when they’re done with counters, like Dichotomic Reinforcement. This one’d be self only, and with the damage loaded into a small number of counters, would work reasonably well for both group and raid settings. Could even restrict the duration range it’d apply to to normalize the damage a little bit. 12s-30s would give a good setup for raiders, and leave a somewhat better return for groupers using swifts. Then it divides by between 3 and 6 I believe, so we'd need around 6x the normal value to have one similar to other classes.
  12. menown Augur

I have an idea for a BP click. Summoned pet weapon!

Group BP weapon:
    MAGIC ITEM LORE Non-Placeable
    Skill 1H Slashing Atk Delay: 18
    DMG: 24 DMG Bonus: 26
    Backstab DMG: 34
    Effect: Vampiric Strike XI (Combat)
    STR: 50
    Haste: 23%

Raid BP weapon:
    MAGIC ITEM LORE Non-Placeable
    Skill 1H Slashing Atk Delay: 18
    DMG: 26 DMG Bonus: 44
    Backstab DMG: 34
    Effect: Vampiric Strike XV (Combat)
    STR: 100
    Haste: 36%

Pets can equip lore items, but this will prevent people from stacking it in their inventory or selling multiples in the bazaar. Also, non-placeable prevents people from hoarding them in GH or Housing. The Procs do way less than mage summoned weapons, so no complaints from them. The haste % on group BP click is the same as mage summoned mask. The raid BP click is higher haste but less than what you can get from the bazaar, 43%. Over a 10 minute duration, the added DPS from pet weapons will be about the same as a current BP click. But, now you can use an old BP click as well if you wanted. This click would have a longer reuse value then most.
    Kuvani likes this.
  13. Brohg Augur

Haste% above 15% is not functional for Necromancer pets. The Nec pet buff Sigil is 85%
  14. YellowBelly Augur

Wow! I never knew the group version Crypt-Hunters robe focused multiple Pyres by 5%. Do you end- game raiders equip this over your raid version for burning? Just curious.
  15. Fintank Augur

I think the only useful BP click necromancers have had in a long time was the UF click. Or potentially the HoT/VoA click if it ever worked.

[21980/21977] Razing PowerTarget: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 2m (20 ticks) Song, Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 20 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 94% to 100% (Before DoT Crit)
    2: Limit Max Level: 85 (lose 10% per level)
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP less than -100
    4: Limit Min Duration: 24s
    5: Limit Type: Detrimental
    6: Limit Target: Exclude Caster AE
    7: Limit Target: Exclude Caster PB
    8: Limit Target: Exclude Target AE
    9: Limit Target: Exclude Old Giants
    10: Limit Target: Exclude Old Dragons
    11: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    Text: Razing power pulses through your hands
  16. menown Augur

This click has been requested and denied several times since. If the click adds damage in any way, the Devs want it to be a controlled amount. The current BP click's do about 240K damage. Razing Power is a scale-able clicky that increases its potential with levels and spell power.
  17. menown Augur

Leave the haste at 15% then. That was just fluff so I wouldn't have to buy a haste mask/belt constantly.

Maybe even increase the proc damage some because of all the inflated proc numbers.
  18. fransisco Augur

that would blow mage weapons out of the water.
    Sure, its 8-900 less damage, but a 800-1000pt heal proc that fires almost constantly? Even without the haste that would be the best pet item in the game.
  19. menown Augur

More of a necro type pet weapon though, lifetaps and all. But let's be real here, how is a 1k lifetap proc going to make a difference. You can acquire tradeable lifetap proc weapons in the bazaar and test them out for yourself if you want to see. Honestly, AC on pets make the biggest difference in tankability and mages have that monopoly already.

Just having a pet weapon available at all times will make a big difference for the necro rogue pets. Rogue pets cannot backstab from the front without a weapon. Adding a lifetap proc to the weapon would just give a little benefit to the warrior pets in tanking situations.
  20. fransisco Augur

Being able to buy a lifetap weapon is a FAR cry from summoning them and giving one to every pet.
    And yes, it would add up to damage reduction over the course of a fight
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.