Info share on 300+ Tradeskills

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hickers, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Stephen51 Augur

Actually if race specific containers are out, are expansion containers? Thinking specifically of New Tanaan and POP recipes?
  2. Orbital101 Augur

For smithing, doesnt look like Yttrium Seru bane weapons count including the bow for fletching... the sheet and the temper does but not the final no drop weapons
  3. Orbital101 Augur

I started using the Tanaan forge for the PoP combines and dint get any skill up for a while untill i figured we could use the normal forge and got a skill up on my first try. I dont feel spending time looking at my logs but I would just use the normal forge untill someone can verify if we can get skill up with the Tanaan forge.
  4. Aanuvane Augur

This doesn't make any sense. If you can see the recipe in both forges, then it's about knowing the recipe. I can't see racial recipes in the regular, guild or taanan forge - I can only see them in my feir'dal forge. I would think that's the difference there and your experience is likely just coincidental.
  5. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

Most recipes that used to require tanaan forges are availabile in regular forges now so those recipes would count. Like the planar bows for fletching or smithing the PoP armor stuff.
  6. Stephen51 Augur

Thanks all, I also PM'd Dzarn, and he confirmed what Sphynx said and Orbital suspected - that New tanaan combines work in regular containers since EOK.

Aanuvane - I agree, it was just luck that Orbital got a skill up when he switched to a regular tradeskill container - its not random for skill ups over 300+ its the amount of recipes you know. Some trades take much longer than others is all.
  7. Unpleasant Journeyman

So I made the unfortunate decision to start on tailoring to 350. Only 326 so far, seems somewhere in the 15-20 per point range for tailoring combines, but can share what I've learned in that time(over 2-3 weeks) roughly chronologically:

1: Scribing up the TS books in pok got me to about 312-313 alone
    2: Proceeded to make every kind of bag I could make with the basic pelts, and got enough dye to make every different color of bag too. Making new kinds of bags gave skill points, making new colors of bags DID NOT work. I cannot recommend making different colored bags, at all. This might be true of all no-fail combines, unlearned or not.
    3: Then went on to start on Luclin stuff, things involving Claw Needle and the armor off the Lesser Shades in Shadeweavers Thicket worked (Shaded Hopperhide), but the upgrade from that seems to be a non learnable combine, not worth doing. Would also not recommend doing this part early on, at all.
    4: Continuing Luclin, I did combines with Flawless rockhopper hides, Superb rockhopper hides, and mind worm hides to make Reinforced Acrylia, Acrylia Studded, and Shaded hide armor respectively. Rockhopper hides weren't too bad, I'd save mind worm hide stuff for later, as it was significantly more effort.
    5: Started on Velious, doing combines with Tigeraptor Hides, Black Panther Skins, Haze Panther Skins, Cobalt Drake Hides, Arctic Wyvern Hides, Velium Hound Fur, Mastodon Fur, Holgresh Fur, and Ice Burrower Silk. You will REALLY want a tracker bot for Haze Panthers and Ice Burrowers, and plan on a long foraging of Yew Leaves in wakening lands for using up the Panther skins.
    6: Started on Temple of Cazic Thule for Tae Ew Leather/Cloth armor. Cannot recommend putting this off enough. You might be able to get leather/chain/plate/JC combines done here in a solid day of camping, oh but not cloth. I'll be lucky if I get this one over with before getting every other tailoring combine done.
    7: Started on PoP combines, hope you like BoT/PoStorms, cause you gonna be killing an absurd amount of giants for drops of pure rain... Nearly finished w/ that section, is many more to visit after.
    8: Did Fitted Energeiac and Spun Energeiac, if you got 30-40k plat, easiest combines to get ever.
    9: Stuff I'm working on now, basically any planes w/ tailoring combine parts other than BoT/PoStorms, with plans to do mounted animal heads, animal head ornaments, etc in the future.

Lot of text I know, hopefully that helps someone out a bit, happy TSing :)
  8. Unpleasant Journeyman

Small amendment to last post:

Regarding my Colored Bags do not work statement, I was referring recoloring already made bags, not the Hand Made Backpack/Trader's Satchel series of bags using High Quality Bear Skins/High Quality Rockhopper hides. I fully plan to make those up, should be about 44 extra combines, or 2-3 skill points.

Also forgot to mention I used crystalline silk combines/shade silk combines for skill ups as well. Really easy combines to get parts for, I guess we easily forget the stuff that came easily.
  9. Aanuvane Augur

I thought all of those bag recipes were learned from a book - they're in my loom interface but I've not ever bothered to make one.....(Garik's Secrets of Bag Expansion or The Articles on Holding or Extradimensional Luggage: A guide)

Also, I suspect each plane is miserable - it took days of clearing PoF to get enough Magma Crystals to finish smithing that armor. :)
  10. GoldenFrog Augur

In Beta, Dzarn outlined the rules for what constituted a bump-worthy recipe. No-Fail was definitely not on the list.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tradeskills-skill-up-rate.235801/#post-3474760

11. Orbital101 Augur

-Decorin Ore Shard spawns while fighting Tagrin Maldric + Valorium Shards will give you a learned recipe message for the sheet for smithing and Pulsating blue vial for brewing but any other zek bane weapons dint give me anything... so far im 3 out of 3 of no learned recipes out of bane weapons.

im siting at 348-349 in 5 out of 8 TS with nothing done in baking(311), 340 in tailoring and 321 in research. Tailoring is a nightmare farming wise compare to the other one. Well beside the last 6 skill up of Blacksmithing just that tailoring start at 330ish instead of 340ish.

I see it possible to get 350 in Smithing/Brewing/JC/Fletching in the next few days but tailoring will be tedious. I will empty my stock for research and baking before I play with my last 10 skill up for tailoring.
  12. Orbital101 Augur

So even so XXXX of of Concealed Blades give learned messages they do not count? Trivia of 15 but no fail tag what take over??
  13. Gillette Lorekeeper

I'm fairly sure the newbie Crescent Reach recipes count towards the total learned. When going from 349 to 350 brewing, I did two newbie Crescent Reach recipes and 4 others. It typically takes 6 recipes to gain a point in brewing.

I shrouded to get the first recipe ingredients from the Crescent Reach quest giver (Shrouds have zero in trade skills and can't do combines so I passed the ingredients through the shroud bank.) I was also able to do Simple Spiced Wine (the 4th CR newbie recipe, simple spiced wine, because one of the ingredients can be obtained from the first CR quest and the other can be obtained from the Abysmal Sea/GoD quests. (It's possible to get yourself locked out of the 4th one even with this trick.)

I really hope they fix it so we can do the CR recipes and AB recipes ... I've got a few tradeskills where I'm locked out of 8 recipes because of the way those quests work (and its a result of doing things before the expansion even came out.)
  14. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Quite clever. I was able to get thefirst baking/brewing quest this way, and did the combines but you have to do the turnin on your unshrouded form, correct? Then how do you convince it to get the second group of parts? I don't shroud often so i may be missing something!
  15. Gillette Lorekeeper

I was only able to get the first quest items this way. I obtained the items in shroud form and did the combines in unshrouded form. Because shrouds can't do combines, your skill is always zero which prevents the shroud from getting the other three quests/combines. Turning the items made is optional. It's learning the recipe you are after. (Unlike the AB ones, the CR quest you get is based on your skill level.)

The other one I was able to complete was:
    Simple Spiced Wine
    * Simple Spice - Obtained through CR shroud
    * Simple Wine - Obtained from Yitimis Groglenog in AB (from the quest series there, you might be locked out of getting this item. Make sure you read up on how to do the AB quests before starting them. You can put your character in a state where you'll be unable to learn 4 recipes.)
  16. Orbital101 Augur

FLETCHING (16-17 combines per skill up)

Thats what I did:
    Every buyable Arrows Class XXXX
    Dragorn Fin Spikes x126(13) (Field of scale killing the quests dragon/drake,wyvern) few pulls of the entire field should do it.
    Drake Wing Bones x126
    Chunk of Discordian Rock x126(depends how many time you did the combine/1-3)
    Murkglider Sinewx46 (probably the CB of fletching)
    Bazu Bone x36 (Korafax Bazu as the best drop rate but it will still take a clear of the 9ish bazu to get 1)
    Girplan Feathers x108-* no idea I bazaar bought those I was missing -.-
    Braxi Horn x3
    Selrah Bones x3

Condensed Flame x1, ice x1, Shadow x1
    Prophecy of Ro
    Ldon (Sedgewood)
    Then do a search for:
    2,3,4,5,6 Knot Measuring String with all the required silks (Staff,Haft,Handle without the Knot)
    Carved Darkwood
    Recurve Bow String
    War/Longflight Javelin
    Wood Furniture Frame, Wood Furniture Base, Wood Furniture Legs
    Energeiac bow
    PoP bows

Minus what I already had done that I did not bother to add to my list.

There is lots of ways of doing it but the main goal is to stay organized. Try to regroup recipes to chain a bunch back to back instead of going down the trivia list which I had to do to start some where. Using Keyword and clicking on Find recipes that use that item helped alot to view to recipes in a list of possible combines. Use Eqtrader, Allakhazam and Magelo and read about what your are looking for. Dont always go for the highest drop rate on magelo and take in consideration the amount of possible kill in that area and see what would yield the most.

I'm guessing as people go, the list will be more accurate. I did not have to do any special quest or freebies to get to 350.

I will probably take the time to do a more accurate list once im done with tradeskilling before I go back at polishing my map pack.
  17. Vdidar Augur

You guys are crazy.
  18. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I want to do this once I've finished the last couple thousand AA but I still don't know where I would start, despite the above advice.
  19. Orbital101 Augur

I was done with AAs a few days after launch :eek:
  20. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Cool i guess
    Vdidar likes this.