Bard BP discussion

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Jyve, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyve Augur

So, our BP's...
    Tried, over the expansions to give a tick tock to them; on a level raise, the BP is a boost to DPS, on no level raise, the BP clicky is a defensive clicky.
    How's this working out for people?

And the focus on 1k blades, we still solid with this? And if not, what would you like to replace the focus, more defensive here too, or alternate with the click effect?

This is a GOOD TIME(tm) to be throwing ideas around.
  2. Nniki Augur

Veil of Alaris (L95) - Arpeggio
    Rain of Fear (L100) - Rhyme of Refuge / Prose of Preservation
    Call of the Forsaken (L100) - Arpeggio
    The Darkened Sea (L105) - Arpeggio
    The Broken Mirror (L105) - Arpeggio
    Empires of Kunark (L105) - Arpeggio

We haven't seen much of a rotation, and both breastplate clickies could use a boost at this point.

I don't think it would be beneficial for us to lose that decrease reuse time focus. Having to swap in an older breastplate to avoid a 20m reuse (w/ focus AA) on Thousand Blades wouldn't be fun.
  3. Jyve Augur

What sort of other benefits would people want to see? Both clicks and focii?
  4. flash000 Augur

Focus to reduce recast timer frenzied kick?

Focus to reduce recast on reflexive line?
  5. Nniki Augur

In general? For song-based clickies, it'd be nice if they made it so they benefited from instrument mods first, but some utility songs that would be handy as clickies:

Kazumi's Note of Preservation, Harmony of Tone (upgrade to HoS clickies), Lapsing Lullaby, and Cantata of Courage.

Amplification would be nice as a clicky too.

Edit: Just to specify, I'd rather keep Rhyme of Refuge and Arpeggio on BP... above clickies would just be nice as bonuses on other items.
    Jyve likes this.
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Clicky:
    I like the Arpeggio clicky, but one change would be nice -

[41480] Ionian Octave
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks) Song, Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 45 Outgoing Hit Successes
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 1859 (After Crit)
    2: Limit Min Level: 90
    3: Limit Max Level: 105 (lose 5% per level)
    4: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    5: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    6: Limit Type: Detrimental
    7: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    8: Limit Class: ALL
    9: Buff Blocker A (1859)
    11: Increase Hit Damage Bonus by 330
    Text: Your body is tuned to the ionian octave.

Would be cool if there was no max duration requirement - then it would work on DoTs. Still does the same damage, just helps more classes.

Also, we've been stuck on Ionian Arpeggio for a while, how about Mixolydian?
    Also also, this clicky was upgraded in TBM, and then instead of fixing the hit damage bonus (which was a downgrade) the whole clicky got downgraded to the TDS version. So we've been using the same clicky since TDS, if it's any impact on how this gets upgraded.

Focus:

[22908] BRD Thousand Blades Reuse Time 28%
    1: Reduce Timer by 9.5m
    2: Limit Spell: Thousand Blades
    Decreases the reuse time of Thousand Blades by 28%.

I like the current focus, but it would be nice to see it bumped up. Right now Thousand Blades (our main DPS disc) is reduced by AA (un-hastened reuse is 33:45) -

Improved Thousand Blades Discipline (6)
    1: Reduce Timer by 13.5m
    2: Limit Spell: Thousand Blades
    3: Increase Duration by 12s
    4: Limit Spell: Thousand Blades
    This passive ability improves your Thousand Blades discipline.
    Ranks 1-4 reduce the reuse time of your discipline by 10% per rank.
    Ranks 5-6 extend the duration of your discipline by 6 seconds per rank.

The AA + BP reduces Thousand Blades to 10:48, it would be cool to see it reduced a little bit more, like 30%. It's been 28% since UF if that matters.

Alternatively, if our Thousand Blades hastening was made into an AA (dreaming here), it would be cool to see an instrument flavor focus on the BP, for example (these appeared on our previous instrument items):

[49329] Brass Finesse II
    Duration: 3.3h (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Duration by 6s
    2: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 20% per level)
    3: Limit Class: BRD
    4: Limit Casting Skill: Brass

[17873] BRD Melee Damage Focus (Instrumental Combat)
    Duration: 3.3h (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase 1H Blunt Damage by 30%
    2: Increase 1H Slash Damage by 30%
    3: Increase 1H Pierce Damage by 30%
    4: Increase 2H Pierce Damage by 30%
    Increases damage with melee attacks by #1%.

Of course, it would have to be tuned, not 30% damage (that was to try to make an instrument make up for the loss of secondary weapon DPS).
    Jyve likes this.
  7. flash000 Augur

I think at this point the extra 30% damage would be a good bump even if we could use both weapons to get our dps more in balance compared to rest of classes we are way behind
    Jyve likes this.
  8. Hellboy007 Augur

So many issues with bards i hardly care to worry about a BP clickie..

More ADPS is fine for all i care..

Reduction and combat abilities is fine too.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Just so you don't think I am ignoring you guys, one of the CL's gave me a summary of this thread and I worked with that.
    Basically, current focus with most current spells included, and Arpeggio click, upgraded.
    Iowna likes this.
  10. flash000 Augur

Ngreth thank you so much for posting just curious by focus are you looking at the possibility of adding a instrument combat effect focus?
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Probably not, though I don't know enough about it to definitely say no. Currently, I don't think we want to increase the instrument mods.
  12. Hellboy007 Augur

what about bring bard DPS into 2017 standards? cause being so low makes no sense now that you gave shm DPS class caliber DPS.
  13. flash000 Augur

I dont think you understood what i meant i sent you a PM there is a effect on some of the newer instruments called instrument combat iir this effect adds 30% focus to melee this would be a good bump to bard personal dps to have this on our bp we can duel wield and still have the effect on.
  14. Hellboy007 Augur

barely would make a dent in the DPS shortfall of bards..

and i assume having this effect would require giving up the effect of reducing thousand blades.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Please post a link to the item/effect you are speaking about.
  16. Hellboy007 Augur

i believe he is talking about things like

Lyssa`s Darkwood Piccolo
  17. Brudal Augur

18. Babien New Member

Thousand Blades reuse timer needs to increase to allow us to do more damage ourselves, its bad enough rogues, rangers, and wizards synergy does nothing for us unless we shroud to a large race to use slam. If its gonna stay the same effect as its been these last few expansion, increase the %. This time around it should be a bigger defensive number than 100,000 as mobs hit for 30k+ these days.

Regarding the focus for reflexive line, I believe that is good as it is. In group mode, between aura, Dichotomic Psalm, Cresendo songs, plus Plus of Sionachie or ae mana song - Mana shouldn't be an issue to give to other people.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Just poking that I have read this. I have no promise of adding the Instrument Damage effect, but it will be considered.
  20. svann Augur

Could use some endurance regen with that massive increase in boastful bellow cost.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.