Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Yeah I recently downloaded it for my phone. I don't like the dialogue changes they made for the PSP version.

Anyway. Yeah. Back to the issue at hand...
  2. Zanados Lorekeeper

With the Veeshan's Peak key debacle, I could give DBG the benefit of the doubt that they didn't realize how bad it would be with the population of the server as it is. They changed it after a month, and relieved the pressure.

With the Plane of Storms upcoming debacle? They are going into this eyes wide open. All I can say is this: if they do not change it before PoP launches, I sure hope they do NOT change it after PoP launches. I am tired of the inconsistency the most. If you want to over the entire population of the server? Fine, them all over. Changing it a month later, continuing to be inconsistent with decisions, that just angers even more of the server.

DBG, if you are going to stick to this path, stick to it all the way. But don't be surprised when it seriously injures the health of the server. These servers are always on borrowed time, and it feels like you are simply hastening that timer.
  3. Kegwell Lurker since '99

how will all the guilds get into main instance of PoTranq to get to the various AoC's anyways?
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I've never checked, but I assume since there are no mobs in PoTranq that it will be like nexus and bazaar, with no picks.
  5. Ryak Augur

I went ahead and posted it to the pop testing thread anyways, in case it miraculously gets to a dev.

I, like most people, have exhausted anything we have to say on the original topic. It's incredibly obvious that this is bad for the server, bad for the players, and bad for the game. But we actually can't stop them from shooting themselves, so it is what it is.
  6. Get_Rekt New Member

From your safe space?
    JabroniStomper and Sheex like this.
  7. Machen New Member

I don't see why they wouldn't do it this way, it would make zero sense to make tranq pickzones with 10 aoc's in the zone.
  8. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Cute. Did you subscribe to that stale and overly-regurgitated rhetoric all by yourself?
  9. Gilamas New Member

*** Progression Servers ***

- Corrected some Progression-server-only requirements for Planes of Power zones. They now behave as they did from the first time zone access was increased (just after Legacy of Ykesha) until we again lowered their requirements during the Dragons of Norrath era. The 85/15 rule remains unchanged for these zones.
    - The Plane of Valor can now be entered at level 55 without other flags. This requirement lowers to level 46 when Dragons of Norrath opens.
    - The Halls of Honor requirement of level 62 to enter will now lower to 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens. Previously this would never be lowered on Progression servers.
    - The Temple of Marr can now be entered at level 62 without other flags. This requirement now lowers to 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens. Previously there had not been an alternate level requirement for this zone on Progression servers until DoN unlocked it.
    - Drunder, the Fortress of Zek can now be entered at level 62 without other flags. This requirement will lower to 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens.
    - The Bastion of Thunder can now be entered at level 62 without other flags. This requirement will lower to 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens. Previously this would never be lowered on Progression servers.
    - The Tower of Solusek Ro can now be entered at level 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens. Previously there was no alternate level requirement available at any time on Progression servers.
    - The Elemental planes (Air, Fire, Water, EarthA and EarthB) can only be entered via flag until Dragons of Norrath opens. At that point any level 60 will be able to enter these zones.

Wow.. just wow what a great idea this is.! :)
  10. Get_Rekt New Member

Confirmed SJW! The ocean of tears that you've cried throughout this thread all makes sense now.
  11. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

So taking a stance on something in a game makes somebody a sjw? Did they teach you that in special ed or are you just mimicking Uncle Daddy?
  12. Gafgarion Elder

Agreed. the original has some flaws, but it's the best translation
  13. malaki Augur

This doesn't really change things nearly as much as you'd think since there's like 400 raiding guilds at this point. I mean I guess it's fine if you want to xp an alt in BoT or something, but almost everyone is still going to want the medallions.
  14. Get_Rekt New Member

No, but crying about it like a for days after you've already made your stance clear does. Then complaining that I used 'safe space' as "overly-regurgitated rhetoric" solidified it even further. Are you also offended by chalk?

There are 20 pages of you whining and attacking other people for having opposing views on this situation. Personally I hope they don't change anything just so I can take camps from Cult of Chaos members and laugh while doing so. When the members of your guild complain, I will simply point them towards this thread.
    Sheex likes this.
  15. Azriah New Member

Which is weird, because you only need PoStorms to get in to Bastion of Thunder. You can fully instance your way in to Halls of Honor AND Plane of Tactics. Come on, do some research before bleeting.
  16. Cainen Augur

For people not worried about maxing their progression charm, doesnt this solve the problem completely?

Get 62, zone in bot, kill the raid boss in bot, get backflag, proceed to next step? Am I missing something? Do you still HAVE to have the Storm quest for elemental access?
  17. Jaera Augur

Yes, you need Storms in order to complete the Karana half of the 'lore' chain (from Allakhazam):

You recall meeting with Karana, but the memory is clouded. You sense that the answer you seek may be in Storms.

You have not completed the Plane of Storms key quest for Bastion of Thunder.
  18. Azriah New Member

As far as I'm aware, there is no backflag replacement for Askr the Lost's quest.
  19. Ryak Augur

I mean let's give them credit where credit is due. This change is a positive change for the small subset of the population who just want to EXP in BoT.

Unfortunately, this provides no benefit to anybody who wants to be able to raid anything past Agnarr and is therefore not a sufficient change to fix the problem they chose to introduce.
  20. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

That's a shame. I almost thought for a second that the problem would be solved and I was about to give DBG some props lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.