Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illusory Augur

There is no bait.
    There are no arguments.
    I've only given suggestions.

But, do you guys want to know how to get posts deleted? Do exactly what Xoner is attempting to do above.
  2. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

You said he didn't tell us not to post in support of our position. I never said that he did. You made an argument for me that I wasn't originally defending. Textbook example of straw man.

My statements were just that - statements.

Tell me - what exactly IS your position at this point? That currently DBG's stance on this has been stated? Because if that's the case, then that part is already quite clear.

However, I, among others, object to that stance.
  3. Illusory Augur

No one knows what you're saying right now, so please stop trying to point a finger at me. This has nothing to do with me and everything to do with an expansion unlock, Phinigel, and thousands of players. I'm but a mere speck.

and his position is the same as mine, we're trying to make suggestions to alleviate a really big problem in 2-3 weeks time. (Sorry Machen, and I don't mean to post over you, but I'm trying to compliment you while replying.)
  4. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Nice ad populum. I could point out the logical fallacies all day if I had the patience for it. But interacting with those who refuse to operate logically only serves to frustrate me over time.

I'll just watch and cringe as you continue to marginalize the viewpoints of others and cling desperately to all of your preconceived notions, and do my very best to abstain from being sucked back into the whirlwind of senselessness that you seem to think is logical debate.
  5. Illusory Augur

I do find it hilarious that you are desperately trying to appear smarter than you really are in conversations regarding a video game. I mean come on? 'Ad populum?' Really? What were you the captain of your grade school level debate team? Nice try, but I'm not trying to appeal to anyone, buddy. And, because you seemingly fail to understand the basics of debate, reading comprehension, and most importantly opinion vs suggestion. I will simply ignore you from this point forward.
  6. Warlorf Augur

Im all for the change, im just hoping that the people in this thread aren't the ones causing havoc ingame instead if changes aren't made.
  7. Illusory Augur

Not me, I'm in a very small guild that probably won't ever see BoT, HoH, or Tactics. That is why I tried suggesting working together even though I know many were scorned before. I was hoping if perhaps at least some of the raid guilds worked together, then the even smaller guilds would also have a small chance one day too.
  8. Baldur Augur

Y'all need to stop with the personal attacks, it's going to get this thread closed. We don't need to give them a reason to close this thread, keep the dream alive of them actually listening to their player base and doing something right for once.
  9. Machen New Member

My stance is that players should feel free to vociferously let DBG know that they are unhappy with the current stance, but also recognize that DBG may well not change their minds and be ready to deal with it as it is if that doesn't happen. DBG has proven time and time again that they will not listen to the player base on issues like this until it is too late to matter. So I think two conversations should be going on, one regarding why the current plans are problematic, and a second regarding how players can mitigate the worst of the potential problems if the situation doesn't change.
  10. Machen New Member

You at the very least implied it in post 351, and 353.

Certainly at least implies that you thought Illusory was arguing it is unreasonable to speak out against it. Or why else say it?
  11. Illusory Augur

I agree!
  12. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I can agree with that for the most part. I just think that expecting or even hoping that guilds working together is a one way ticket to disappointment. That's my opinion anyway. Theoretically and ethically I agree, but realistically I just don't see it happening.

As I've said before, I'm not putting all of my eggs in this basket. I'm ready to assist my guild in navigating through the chaotic battle royale that I'm fairly confident will ensue. If some of the smaller guilds band together and can do some good for one another, nobody will be more pleased than I.
  13. Machen New Member

Oh I completely agree, and have stated as much every time I've addressed it.

But I do think players will have to take some of the responsibility upon themselves for the ultimate outcome, if they had the ability to mitigate things and chose not to. If people are quitting in droves a month into PoP because they can't get into BoT, Daybreak will take the lion's share of the blame for that, but not ALL the blame for that.
  14. Illusory Augur

Machen, your suggestion a few posts ago was really good, bordering realism, and I'd like to elaborate on that for a bit with a few questions for thought.

Is there an instance ceiling?
    And, what I mean specifically is what is the threshold for how many instances of a zone will spawn and do we know if the server will create an infinite amount of them?

That said, we have to take into account the specifications of the Phinigel server (or servers.) For example, let's say there are 20 instances, does the server have the resources to support this type of load? Another question would be, is the Phinigel server elastic where the host machine will allocate additional resources (CPUs, Memory, and disk space) based on load, kind of like AWS servers.

And, I'm not saying that players/guilds would agree to even attempt the above, but if they did my fear is that this method could potentially crash Phinigel if we're not careful or we don't understand this 'beast of a server.' :)
  15. Hdizzle Augur

+1000 ^The only part of this thread that matters.
  16. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

this is actually the part that matters.
    Hdizzle likes this.
  17. Hdizzle Augur

ORLY?!?

Obviously news of a change to this mechanic is the goal of this tear fest thread.

It's such an easy fix tho...
  18. Gafgarion Elder

I'm gonna stop you right there. This will never happen on phinny; not with the uber-toxic community we have.
  19. Hdizzle Augur

You forgot the sad face emoji...

BTW, Gafgarion was one of my Favorite characters from one of the best games ever Final Fantasy Tactics.. Still own it!

Ok back to killing monsters and such. Maybe we'll be at page 24 when I check back Lol.
  20. AgentofChange Augur

20 days to go and PoP still isn't ready. @Prathun & @Absor, are you guys going to actually put some effort into making PoP correctly with instancing or have you just given up?

New server coming in the summer you can just get it right then, right?? phinny?? Seems like the direction we are going.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.