Brekt Server with "free trade rules"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by snailish, Jan 10, 2017.

1. snailish Augur

The news announcement for Brekt says:

"On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 @ 10AM PST the Quarm server event will end. Don’t miss your chance to earn rewards from completing the progression goals from this event server. More details on Quarm rewards can be found in the post here.

When this event ends, the Quarm server will close and all characters, guilds, fellowships, shared banks, etc will be moved to a new server, Brekt. The Brekt server will be a standard server with a free trade rule set, similar to Firiona Vie. Characters can be transferred to Brekt. Characters can NOT be transferred off of Brekt."

and the only mention on the Quarm announcement that I see (and I may have missed more in the 7 current pages there) is:

"Once the Event has ended, and all characters on Quarm will be moved to a new server. The new server will follow the standard server ruleset. There are no plans to allow transfers off of this new server."

So some questions:

-is "similar to FV" mean the same, or what exactly is not quite the same?
    -standard server so free to play can access? (I sub anyway, but some would probably like to know)
    -is Brekt going to be the "destination" for future Quarm event characters?
    -Any possibility of even a window of time to do paid transfers from FV server to Brekt? Yes that has impact on the economy... I'm thinking a few might be willing to paid transfer though (I'd probably do 3 characters myself).

Thanks for the event and whatever Brekt ends up being!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

I remember for a little while, transfers to FV were free. And then they stopped allowing free transfers and forced you to pay. I don't remember why they started charging (well, we all know why, but I forget their official reason).

Anyway, my point is.. I'm pretty sure they'll allow paid transfers.
  3. Hellboy007 Augur

Would be Cool if Brekt and FV could be able to xfer both ways like normal servers can.
  4. Tudadar Augur

Should be interesting. Seems weird to allow characters to transfer with hundreds of thousands of hp but I guess they realize how low the server pop is / will be.
  5. seber Augur

really don't see point play this do I get coins mains on brist some thing or just get low hp alt some new place ??
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

#ChopShopNumeroDos

Gonna be so success. And definitely not a ghost town.
    Slippry likes this.
  7. Bahdah Augur

See you there !
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Right back at you, good sir.
    [IMG]
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

well main difference I see is
    Brekt / from quarm - is at Omens of War - can start 50/51 they probable will unlock
    Dragons of Norrath next
    FV - start lvl 1 and is EOK right?

once they both the same Expansion they can merge them if not enough peep for both servers.

10. Schadenfreude Augur

FV is far too busy to support any kind of merge without some kind of hardware upgrade (which seems unlikely).
  11. Gilth New Member

But will people from FV be able to move to Brekt?
  12. Ghubuk Augur

If they allow fv peeps to move over to brekt before they have been at eok for a while....it would break brekt so badly.
  13. Gilth New Member

Not that much different then other servers live players. There's a far greater influx of people's Alts in raid gear on all other servers then the entirety of fv.
  14. snailish Augur

I may have interpreted this incorrectly, but my understanding is that Brekt will launch in live era... so the first heroic character created/upgraded on the server will obsolete the Quarm-moved.

Hence, my thinking that allowing paid transfers from FV to Brekt would be worth the impact.
  15. Schadenfreude Augur

The full TBM/partial EoK geared alts from Xegony, Bristlebane etc moving over inside the first hour of the server opening will do that.
    Felicite and snailish like this.
  16. Minato Augur

assuming brekt opens with full expansion unlocks i see them opening up transfers to and from for the $$$. Problem i see is there really isnt a big "core" player base on FV as its mostly alts or boxes and yes i know its the same on every server but thats more then half the population of our "popular server"

Will be interesting either way
    snailish likes this.
  17. Numiko Augur

probably wont have the language rules of FV either, that can be another thing that makes it not exactly like FV.
    snailish likes this.
  18. Gilth New Member

Fv has the xp bonus too. But not opening up transfers could be a bad thing for FV since it has the same loot rules.
    snailish likes this.
  19. snailish Augur

Interesting for sure.

I don't think it would significantly hurt FV. Most established players stay where they are. FV does have a lot of transfers in over time that make up the population though. So maybe people willing to move again?

A short window to paid transfer from FV to Brekt would generate some $ for Daybreak. I'll use myself as an example in that I know I would move a couple of characters... that the odds of me really playing again are slim, but stronger than if these retired characters stay on FV. That's just me.

Then a short time later, after the window is closed. I expect some would paid transfer back (no reason to not allow Brekt to paid transfer to FV), once you get used to the FV xp rate it is tempting to not play anywhere else. However, those wishing for a less-populated, none of the other FV rules server, should be happy with a paid move and stay on Brekt.
  20. moogs Augur

Allowing transfers from FV would instantly ruin the new server's economy. Players would transfer with gazillions of plat.
    Minato likes this.