New server rule set vote ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jordune, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Astley Augur

I don't get why people think that there is EVER a possibility of a No-Krono, or Restricted-Krono server.

Krono is interfaced on an account level through all of their connected games. You can use your krono in EQ, EQ2, DCUO, H1Z1, etc...

To remove the krono functionality would likely mean creating something different both on the hardware and software level for their account and server setups. They have zero financial reason to do this, and it would likely cost them money they would never see back. Krono is here to stay. If you don't like it, don't use it. It has zero affect on your gameplay if you want to deal in straight platinum for trades.
  2. Kiani Augur

Too true - people voted for 6 months unlocks, then got all annoyed when they had to wait 6 months for the next expansion!
  3. Tinytinker Augur

I'll take a stab at this, I guess...

When should future expansions unlock?
    [ ] The moment the raid content for an expansion is beaten.
    [ ] 3 months
    [ ] 4 months
    [ ] 6 months

Which expansion should the next server start in?
    [ ] Classic [Nagafen/Vox era]
    [ ] Kunark or Velious
    [ ] Luclin
    [ ] Planes of Power
    [ ] Gates of Discord or later

Should there be MOTM on the next server?
    [ ] Yes
    [ ] No

Should players be able to vote on when unlocks occur?
    [ ] Yes
    [ ] No

Do you want instanced raids?
    [ ] Yes, I want instanced raids.
    [ ] No, I want to compete for open world content.

How quickly should characters be able to level on the new server?
    [ ] Normal experience, same as on Ragefire and Lockjaw
    [ ] Reduced experience, like on Phinny
    [ ] Reduced experience, with complications like hell levels, racial and hybrid penalties

If Daybreak was to come up with a new ruleset server, what interest you the most? (Pick 2)
    [ ] Firiona Vie server rules with loot you can trade
    [ ] PVP
    [ ] A server that stops at Velious
    [ ] A server that stops at Planes of Power
    [ ] A Legends server with special content and a stronger GM presence.

Should the next server have corpse runs?
    [ ] Yes. Corpse runs caused people to help each other and made the game harder.
    [ ] No. I don't have time to do corpse runs.

What caused you to quit the last progression server you were on? (Pick 2)
    [ ] Boxers and power levelers drove me away.
    [ ] The expansions unlocked too quickly.
    [ ] The game felt too easy.
    [ ] The game got to an expansion I was no longer interested in.
    [ ] I do not like Kronos.
    [ ] It took too long to level. Poor experience.

Should the server allow boxing?
    [ ] There should be no restrictions on boxing.
    [ ] The new server should use truebox code, same as Phinny, one character logged in per computer
    [ ] True box code is not strict enough. There should be stricter boxing restrictions, such as IP bans
  4. AgentofChange Augur

No votes please. Our community is flat out dumb af.
  5. vardune Augur

this is a true statement.
  6. Treesong Elder

I am ok with slow xp, however I hope they will handle the quest-xp issue a bit more carefully then they did on Phinigel. I.e. they should nerf the few ridiculous quests that require hand-ins of beetle-eyes and such that just leads to annoying, antisocial, automated farming, but leave the rest of the quests alone. Most quests require way too much work to keep repeating them as a solid source of xp, yet for many people getting a good chunk of xp for a quest that took an hour is still good fun and a great way to play the game.

Quests were the thing that got me buying Everquest back in '99 in the first place, and questing never failed me in the years after, broken and grindy as some of them were in the old days. Racing to Max level tucked away in some dungeon was never my thing so please leave quests as a (very) slow way to level for people like me. :)
  7. TLP Addict Augur

Sixirym

No Sixirym
  8. Ketzerei84 Elder

16 weeks

Kunark + Classic at launch - with all "new" race/class combos unlocked

Perhaps scaled down a bit from where it has been, with a definite stated point at which it will no longer be applied.

No, we're a bunch of f***.

Yes, is fun for highschoolers and people on welfare, for the rest of us with jobs and lives it's just a nuisance. Besides, it's not like it's anybody's first time at this point, and if we really want to have toxic poopsock competitions we can go play on project1999.

Reduced experience, but not as harshly reduced as on phinny, possibly with a definite end date

If Daybreak was to come up with a new ruleset server, what interest you the most?
    1) Firiona Vie server rules with loot you can trade? Yes! FV is a unique server, one of the most stable communities in EverQuest from day 1 until present day!

2) PVP? No idea if it can be implemented, but rallos/sullon hybrid ruleset(teams, but with a level limitation on engagement) with full coin loot but no item loot - and set it as the default ruleset for folks who use the priest of discord - allowing players to choose between pvp or non, iirc you used to be able to turn red-status off and on when there were both a priest of discord and a priest of order: b ring that back.

3) A Legends server with special content and a stronger GM presence? Sure, been a long long time since Stormhammer, and it was one of the most popular servers until the shutdown.

Just no.

What about limited boxing? say 2 accounts per IP address, or 2 per computer using the buggy truebox code maybe...
  9. Strawberry Augur

[x] 3 months
    [ ] 4 months
    [ ] 6 months

[ ] Kunark or Velious
    [ ] Luclin
    [ ] Planes of Power
    [x] Gates of Discord or later

[ ] Yes
    [ ] No
    [x] I don't care

[ ] Yes
    [x] No

[x] Yes, I want instanced raids.

[x] Normal experience, same as on Ragefire and Lockjaw
    [ ] Reduced experience, with complications like hell levels, racial and hybrid penalties

[x] Yes. Corpse runs caused people to help each other and made the game harder.
    [ ] No. I don't have time to do corpse runs.

[x] Boxers and power levelers drove me away.
    [x] It took too long to level. Poor experience.

[x] The new server should use truebox code, same as Phinny, one character logged in per computer
    [ ] True box code is not strict enough. There should be stricter boxing restrictions, such as IP bans
  10. Tinytinker Augur

[X] 3 months
    [ ] 4 months
    [ ] 6 months

[ ] Kunark or Velious
    [ ] Luclin
    [ ] Planes of Power
    [X] Gates of Discord or later

[ ] Yes
    [X] No

[ ] Yes
    [X] No

[X] Yes, I want instanced raids.

[X] Normal experience, same as on Ragefire and Lockjaw

If Daybreak was to come up with a new ruleset server, what interest you the most? (Pick 2)
    [ ] PVP
    [X] A server that stops at Planes of Power
    [X] A Legends server with special content and a stronger GM presence.

[X] No. I don't have time to do corpse runs.

[ ] Boxers and power levelers drove me away.
    [X] The expansions unlocked too quickly.
    [X] The game got to an expansion I was no longer interested in.

[X] There should be no restrictions on boxing.
    [ ] The new server should use truebox code, same as Phinny, one character logged in per computer

I'll also add, I am mixed feeling about FV rules. I have played for a little while on FV and being able to trade loot is nice during raids. You can loot the items and then hand them out at the end of the raid or store them in the guild bank, rather than stopping to bid between events. It's also pretty sweet being able to pass on old gear to guildies or alts. My concern with FV rules is that it might make it harder to transfer on/off or merge servers, if the population ever drops, due to the unique rule set.

I would be in favor of an Al Kabor or Legends server. Stormhammer was awesome.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

[ ] 3 months
    [x ] 4 months
    [ ] 6 months

[ x] Kunark or Velious
    [ ] Luclin
    [ ] Planes of Power
    [ ] Gates of Discord or later

[ ] Yes
    [ ] No

[ ] Yes
    [x ] No

[x ] Yes, I want instanced raids.

[ x] Normal experience, same as on Ragefire and Lockjaw

[ ] PVP
    [ ] A server that stops at Planes of Power
    [ ] A Legends server with special content and a stronger GM presence.

[x ] No. I don't have time to do corpse runs.

[ x] Boxers and power levelers drove me away.

[x ] The new server should use truebox code, same as Phinny, one character logged in per computer
  12. snailish Augur

A progression server starting this summer at or beyond where Phinny would be, would be surprising... why directly scavenge players when they should just Play on Phinny, Vulak (the quiet server) or Fippy if they want later?... and in truth should already be playing there.

Launch in classic freshrolls have appeared to be the prime thing to capitalize on with all past progression servers. You want to hold that population, you need to split the incompatable playerbase up --something that some ruleset variations over the various progression servers haven't always done well.

voting divided the community. Just make a plan from the start and stick to it (i.e., 2 weeks after beating era, next expac launches, or 5 month unlocks or whatever). If this means launching two very different servers at the same time, so be it.

FV loot, xp rate, true box are all flavors that can be used or not.

We've seen "racing unlock" ruleset work on The Combine. Beat the content, short timer starts to open next expac. We haven't had this ruleset in a while, it would only scavenge some population from existing TLP, but I think it would justify its own existence. This would be open-world only (none of the Phinny everyone can access stuff). It could be PVP flagged in all raid zones. It could reward something for server firsts. It could be an ongoing competition that relaunches every time a stated target (not necessarily Live, but could be) is reached.

We've seen the Phinny compromise work well, with some population fragmented in high numbers on Ragefire and Lockjaw. A Phinny 2.0, maybe with some loot/true box/XP rate tweaks is probably the safest gamble to launch a new server that makes $ and maintains population a few years.

We haven't really seen a slowplay server that is true casual friendly, because of the box armies on rage/lock... (unless you are a box-army casual). A Phinny 1.0 server with 5-6 month unlocks, would probably be successful. It won't pull the raider crowd from existing servers that much (too slow of pace) but it would allow the more casual/family style guilds to plink away at killing dragons.

We also haven't seen a tradable loot, box army allowed, high XP rate server.
  13. Strawberry Augur

Because phinny XP sucks. Progressing at a snail's pace is boring.

Some people on phinny have made it perfectly clear that they don't want anything changed regarding XP, so people who don't like the slow XP will have a more suitable new server tailored to a more casual playstyle.

Many people love the True Box rules, but they hate the XP on phinny, which is the slowest of any server, yet many phinny players like it the way it is.

Best solution is a new server with XP for people who have responsabilities beyond EQ and don't want to progress uber slowly like on Phinny.
    snailish likes this.
  14. Ketzerei84 Elder

Not for progression, but firiona vie has always been exactly that.
    snailish likes this.
  15. Lankie Augur

I think they've noticed this. I don't expect any voting.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Well polls aren't allowed on the forums so that little checklist probably just ensured this gets locked.

Which is good because thinking the EQ community can actually vote for a decent ruleset is laughable.
  17. TLP Addict Augur

Having a different opinion to somebody doesn't necessarily make a person dumb.

On the other hand, thinking that it does just might.
  18. Warlain Lorekeeper

Exp pots will be a cash cow even if they tripled the rate that phinny has now. People will just level more alts. Also the longer phinny goes the the population will just fall. Unless they implement a catch up mechanic and auto grant AA it will be pretty rare for anyone to start fresh after PoP. At least on live you can start fresh , get a merc, level for a few days and then autogrant yourself thousands of AA. Progression server populations peaks on launch day and slowly takes a dice from there. Phinny would have been the best server ever implemented had they not fubared things with the exp rate. They would have sold the same amount of exp pots too I'd wager much on that.
  19. Ootax Augur

Any sever the longer it goes the population will fall. That is just the nature of EQ. Phinny has been a home run as far as I'm concerned and many people feel the same way. You can still catch up even after PoP. People did it on live back in the day with very similar xp rates and the only bonus xp they ever had then was the LoD vet aa that at the time you would lose if you died and it only lasted 30 minutes once every 20 hours anyway and people still started out brand new then. So catching up still wont be an issue even well into the level 70 content. Will it happen in a day or two, no but it still wont be that hard. They can also adjust the xp rate as they have on the previous TLPs.

In regards to a new TLP, I'd like to see something start later on in xpacs, Gates or later. Although by the time this server comes out Phinny will be in or close to gates so TSS as some have mentioned would be a good option. But based on the wording when they announced this new TLP, TSS wont happen either. If it's another phinny I'm not sure it will be as successful since so many already play on phinny. Either way I would be nice to hear from DBG just to see which way they might be leaning on this.
  20. Pikallo Augur

Given that it was mentioned in the producers letter that the new server is intended for those that missed RF/LJ/Phinigel, I highly doubt it will be an event-type server or server that starts in a later xpac.

I'd be pretty surprised if they created a rule set with any massive changes from the largely successful Phinigel server.