Quarm Closing Jan 17 WTF?!?! Comment your protest here!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nightmares, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Nightmares Augur

So they said March to close Quarm, now we get news it's in 8 days?!?!?! WTH? Tons of people are trying to get it done and they just up and take off basically 45 days?????
    We need everyone to comment here to protest this! please!
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

You seem to have bad info. It's important not to take spam in general chat channels as gospel.

Miss_Jackie likes this.
  3. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Sucks they gave such a close date, but that's DBG for you. Does it say anywhere from a red name it wasn't until March?
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its under staff post tracker. Not in chat in game. And under announcements and off there to the right where the twitter feeds are. Where did you see the update please?
  5. Schadenfreude Augur

Some player has been spamming all general chat channels saying Quarm was closing in March.

Edit: to clarify I was saying the OP was mistaken to think that a March end date was ever a thing.
  6. Nandary Trains New Member

Protest all you want. It will do you no good.
  7. RadarX Augur

The official timeline provided was early 2017 and that was in October. Quarm was not meant to be a long term server and we need to go ahead and move folks. There is still a week to wrap things up!.
  8. Haste Lorekeeper

Moving toons is one thing...moving them to a server they are unable to move from is a jerk move. Do better for your paying customers.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

A week may not be long enough to get to 70 and get all 6 trials done. There was no reason to rush things and losing 45 days isn't good. Some of us who didn't join Quarm until later in the server cycle are likely to get the shaft because of this.
  10. TrinculoDarkblood Journeyman

WTB TAs, paying krono (sorta joking, but not really...)
  11. Thraine Augur

The Devs are doing exactly what they said they would do. Why start on a server with a limited time frame when your only going to flip out when the end is near?

When will you silly progression guys learn :p
  12. segap Augur

I think what they're flipping out over is the lost profit a few of them are trying to make off pl'ing people and moving them through progression. Perhaps some are flipping out because they paid krono for said services and might not have enough time to get all the way through since those advertising were saying March.

What really baffles me is that people are so eager for expansion old raid coin. Coins that will require completing a raid to use. And, if they can find someone to get them that flag, chances are, they'd be able to pick up a few coin and rot drops much faster and cheaper than the whole pay to be pulled through Quarm scheme.
  13. Cleaver Augur

Stupid move. They should be offered a one time free transfer to any live server.
  14. Gragory Journeyman

From the June 14th post about this server...

Once the Event has ended, and all characters on Quarm will be moved to a new server. The new server will follow the standard server ruleset. There are no plans to allow transfers off of this new server.

Is isn't like this was out of the blue. Some people may not be happy about this, but it was posted.
    moogs likes this.
  15. Tudadar Augur

Thank the mass recruiting scrub that scammed you with march release info. When he was questioned in chats previously about that date he just ignored it. If you couldnt spend a couple minutes to confirm the date thats your fault.
  16. svann Augur

No need to be a d**k about it. There was no way to confirm the date. Best info was "early 2017".
  17. Tudadar Augur

That isnt march. When a recruiter says march if you cant confirm it why would you join his guild to help him?
  18. Faazeds New Member

No one is profiting off of anyone on Quarm. We actually have been helping players for free and have built a nice community of people who are doing just that. We created a 250+ guild of active members and I've actually used a lot of my own krono to buy people's old gear to fit out tanks, clerics, rogues, enchanters and clerics with enough gear to help mulitple groups get through MPG. Its just their key term was We'll provide an update for you in the coming months. , then I was told that it would be March 31st by a person who'm I won't name. Along with the new Event server and details DoDH expansion with DON expansion, Vish server, Kill Rewards : Vish , Mayong Mistmoore Group Reward: Dreadspire Keep Access (Non-Dinner Invitation Version). But I'm thinking the server exchange got pushed up because guilds have beaten EOK over the last week faster than they were expecting.
  19. Schadenfreude Augur

The Bifurcated Coins were (mostly) being sold on FV via throwaway mules and turned into Kronos.
  20. Jyve Augur

A month, not a week, would be a good heads up for next time please!