Grats RoI on Finishing EoK 1st

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fooba, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Slippry Augur

Do you play Magic? Do you lose a lot of games to mana screw, your opponents getting super lucky, and bad draws?
  2. Maedhros High King

I wouldnt refuse the flags, but they are not offered to everyone.

I really am thankful for what you guys do, helping to tune the events to make it a fun challenge for everyone.
    I just think its fairly obvious that its a massive advantage and think next year the flag obstacle should be removed from BETA.
    I dont believe that anyone would beat ROI, but it would make things alot more interesting.
  3. Atvar Augur

Beta raiding has nothing to do with it.

It took you 14 days to beat Queen, when at most it should've taken one night.
    It took another 6 days to beat Atrebe, when again it should've taken one night.

Take away beta for all raiding guilds and what would change is the spread between #1 and you might see some lesser known guilds pop into the top 5. What happens when RoI has no beta info? The only pre-nerf PoWar kill, while beta guilds claimed its impossible. The first pre-nerf Triunity kill by over a month, with most guilds only ever seeing the nerfed version. I could go on, but there's really no point...
  4. Maedhros High King

BETA raiding certainly has a ton to do with it. Youre making yourself sound foolish or did ROI one shot every single raid in BETA?
    I am certainly not ashamed to be sitting at number 7 server wide right now in my 20 month old guild. What have you done besides join the top guild in the game?

Pre-nerf PoWar was probably the hardest raid in the history of EQ and I give you guys massive credit for beating that.
    You dont have to bring up raids from 3 or 4 years ago to remind everyone youre the top guild.
  5. Rafather Augur

Ummmmm, Atvar has been in RoI since almost the beginning, I've been in RoI since Underfoot.
    Congrats on being 7th, now where would you be if it wasn't for an RoI SK giving you RoI strats on every fight.
    kroag, Xeladom and Slippry like this.
  6. Marike Elder

rofl of all the people to say that to...
    Slippry likes this.
  7. Slippry Augur

You're externalizing your issues/losses on things that are out of your control instead of trying to find the sources that are under your control. In this instance, you're picking a reason that literally does not matter.

Grinding raids before they drop keys on beta? You're wasting your guild's time. Raids are half working piles of buggy scripts that early in beta. They're gonna undergo a dozen major changes before the end of beta, plus whatever gets changed when they go live.

Your guild isn't in the 3rd tier of rankings because the 1st and 2nd tiers beta tested raids. If you keep believing that's the reason, you're never going to address the actual reasons that you're there. And don't go focusing on things like morning raids, that's for those of us who are racing for 1st. RoV didn't do anything like that, and they're 2 weeks ahead of you. Look at things like 20 minutes of downtime after a 2 minute wipe. Look at the reason you're not able to execute the RoI strats that you're being fed, and work on those from the bottom up.
    Tucoh likes this.
  8. Maedhros High King

You guys really wish I was being fed ROI strats get the F out of here. The only SK I know from ROI is Drogbaa and if you think for one second that he would share strats then you are a piece of dogcrap. There are not many people I know in this game that are more honorable than Drogbaa and I would never dream of asking him for strats because I know he wouldnt do it, and I would never wish to disrespect him like that.
  9. Atvar Augur

I joined RoI when they couldn't beat Redfang in Demi-Plane, on a dying progression server. I was there when RoI started leapfrogging live servers will still doing progression content. I was there when the server was so dead, RoI had to invite random players out of the guild lobby to muster a 43 person raid force that beat Zek Brothers (before any guild on Cazic accomplished it with 54). I remember players in Triality telling us we would never beat Kithicor, Field of Scale, Zek Brothers, Korafax, and SoD tower with our ~40 person raid force. That's all before RoI became #1 in Underfoot.

What have you actually done besides being the #2 guild on your server to beat a string of easy content?
  10. Drogba Augur

it can be interesting to see how different players/teams do things. I like twitch streams on a second monitor in the background as a sort of fish tank in the background.
    Sancus likes this.
  11. Maedhros High King

So youre telling me that you were in ROI when people from a better guild were telling you that you guys sucked and wouldnt amount to anything, and now youre telling me that. Got it.
  12. Piemastaj Augur

Well, your the one implying had u had Beta GM raids you would be beating guilds in the top 5.

Not to mention, you were the one making implications off true statements. Considering the night we watched u first engage Vault I think we saw 3 runs in about 2.5 hours on a brand new event with some knowledge of it. That alone sets you apart from top 5 guilds, seeing as they should have more attempts then that.

It is good to have aspirations, but talking down other guilds while trying to do so is just dumb. T3 will be the true test I guess, took us like 9 hours. Good luck.
  13. Bamkan Augur

Grats RoI on No #1 spot .../sigh again :).! ::)
  14. Kaponen Lorekeeper

How does a simple gratz thread get derailed into a steaming pile of salt?!...Y'all need Jesus!
    (and maybe roll one, smoke one...etc)

GRATZ ROI ('cept Bahdah)

Kontra <TR>
    Orbital101, Slippry and Bahdah like this.
  15. Marike Elder

I'm fairly certain you don't realize this because you are, again, focused on the wrong thing, but someone pretty much typed out exactly what your apparent issue is and gave you the blueprint to success. If you can take his words and fix your flawed strategies, SR will have to start raiding lockouts to stay No. 1 on the server.

Stop making excuses. Pick fights with mobs, not players.
    Slippry, Sancus and Brohg like this.
  16. gotwar Gotcharms

Coming up with the right strategy and being able to execute it consistently are two different things.

When you're figuring out how to beat an encounter, knowing your entire raid force is following your planned strategy with precision is a huge advantage. It eliminates any questions of "is the strategy wrong, or the execution?" and allows adjustments to be made with confidence. It's not something every guild can do and has the biggest impact by far on who places <insert rank here>.

Grats RoI on another #1.

Good thread! Now who's taking 2nd? =P
  17. Orbital101 Augur

yes we did and we still are lol.

Anyway thx for the old man on beta to clear lockouts
  18. Bahdah Augur

Lol I rolled one for each event ! Thanks Kontra !!
  19. Slippry Augur

Just one?
    Bahdah likes this.
  20. Slippry Augur

To modify a quote for these forums, you pee with the junk you've got. Work with what you have, and be conscious of its strengths and weaknesses. That's why other guilds trying to use RoI strats is a recipe for failure, they're going to have mismatching strengths and weaknesses.

Sometimes you're going to take all of your pieces, match them up against the raid mechanics in a bunch of ways and find that the raid wins every time. When those times come, either the pieces or the raid need to change.

Or if that keeps happening, maybe it's time to move to another guild without such a huge gap between ambition and ability? No amount of pep talks are going to get the officer softball team playing in the major leagues.

Good luck everyone! 2nd is still anyone's game.