Grats RoI on Finishing EoK 1st

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fooba, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Nudia Augur

Man, people are so whiny when others do well...

[IMG]

Congrats, RoI!
    Vdidar and Slippry like this.
  2. Pano Augur

3. Brohg Augur

So does Memories of the Second Tribe upgrade Forgotten Gemstone? I haven't seen a link of teh new hotness...
  4. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

Started at 230pm* in T2.

While I'll agree the past few expansions is about lockout races, only T1 in this expansion has presented this. As most guilds saw in T2, it wasnt "exactly" a walk in the instance and win raid (thus negating the lockout race this expansion) and until most guilds see T3 right now, these people wont know how wrong they are.

Grats to anyone who makes any progress in it.
    Sancus and Maedhros like this.
  5. Reval Augur

Good job, RoI.
  6. Gumby Augur

I have to say, T3 is a nightmare.

Anyone who beats this prior to that Aura getting nerfed into the ground deserves big praise.
  7. Brohg Augur

Will it be nerfed? or is it associated with the Kar`Zok and you're just supposed to get Essence of the Dragon II ?
  8. Slippry Augur

Good luck to you and everyone else doing T3 this weekend!
  9. Sancus Augur

Yes.
  10. Bahdah Augur

Ancient Dragon though...
  11. Orbital101 Augur

Dont need a GM if you did the group/raid progression.
  12. Maedhros High King

That is correct.
    The T1 events were not dropping the Seals in BETA for the first week, and after they did start dropping if you were dead or otherwise not in zone, when the event was won you got no flag. My guild was not granted a full set of flags to move on up to T2 or T3 for free, we had to raid T1 20+ times to get flagged manually.
    You would be more aware of this if that was the situation ROI had faced as well ;)
    So its ok for the top 4 or 5 guilds to be given free flags without having completed progression while all the other guilds have to slog away for it?
    They just need to remove flags during BETA, let any guilds try whatever events they want, and make it a level playing field.
    The top guilds would still get their gametime with the devs so you wouldnt stand to lose anything.
  13. Sancus Augur

I think a better solution would be to have Old Man Thorren grant flags. I feel like if flagging was straight up removed it would be incredibly broken when the expansion launched.

The current system for granting flags isn't ideal for anyone I don't think. We did get granted flags fairly early into EoK's beta cycle, but we weren't granted flags until a few days before expansion launch in TBM and (to my understanding, wasn't in the guild at the time) weren't granted flags at all in TDS. Creating a better mechanism for flagging in beta would add a more level playing field and allow more guilds to beta test more raids, so I'd definitely be in favor of the change.
    Maedhros likes this.
  14. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

Maedhros your dedication is admirable. We've also done this many times as well.

The beta game is fun and all but its been played multiple times. Doesnt really matter as much when everyone is doing it and especially when raids/mechanics are changed after beta. Everyone still needs the players, the time, the strat and the skill to execute. We should all get over this hill already and stop arguing about it.

Edit:
    Id also be more inclined to go with an option where the beta raids grant x2 flags or something along those lines. You should be able to test them faster if the skill is there but I also dont think you should be able to just go in and do the last raid instantly.
  15. Slippry Augur

So you were still dying to T1 enough to screw up your keying after 20+ times?

Did you try not dying and having everyone in zone?
  16. Maedhros High King

Did you try flagging up on buggy raids?
    Critts likes this.
  17. Piemastaj Augur

Actually we raided the first event like 15 times or whatever was needed to get flagged to the upper floors. That was for TDS.

Think the only Beta time we got was doing the one off raids,MAYBE 1 event. No one got to see the final event though iirc.

We also did all of the progression through VoA to allow us to do more then just T2 raids.

So, yes we are given keys to make events actually not terrible. But we also have people who work very hard during Beta to make it possible for us to do raids without needing a Developer with us.

Fairly certain our entire guild would rather do an event blind on day 1 then get the gist of the event on Beta. However, we would rather also help make raids that can actually be beat and help the developers test things out more.
  18. Rafather Augur

Wait, how are your players dieing during the dragon or single goblin phase of the raids? That's pretty bad, specifically during beta when everyone and their mother can buy a beta fish and be maxed out gearwise.
    This was the first beta in the last 4 where we actually got to be gm flagged and do the final stage for gm testing. The previous expansions we have had to run the events 3-5 times a night and lockout wipe with the npc to get anywhere.
    The whole raiding in beta argument used by lower guilds to try to justify their ranking is sad and over played. It's like saying your beer league softball team is as good as the Chicago Cubs, they just practice more to be champions.
    Get that snowflake participation trophy.
  19. Maedhros High King

This might be the most ridiculous post Ive seen in a long time. So now ROI is the Chicago cubs and everyone else is a beer league team? Youve got a pretty high opinion of yourself Ra.
    I remember a day a few weeks ago LIVE that alot of ROI were watching Zaknaffeins twitch feed of us smoking the Queen right at the same nite ROI had wiped to her. Keep patting yourself on the back though.
    I am not talking about previous years, and I am not even directing my complaints at ROI. I got pissed off because some head was amused by the efforts of the "lower guilds" since noone else had beaten T3 yet.
    You can talk all you want about having to flag up in previous BETA's, was that the case in this BETA?
    So what youre actually saying is that in previous years it was a level playing field but it is not now.
  20. Cicelee Augur

The reason why ROI, MS, Triton, CT and ROV (maybe some others too) raid with a developer is because the developers trust those guilds to not waste their time. Those guilds are efficient, organized, and are there to test things and communicate to the developers their results... not necessarily get free looks at events.

I was in a guild a long time ago that started raids at 8pm EST. At 8:20pm EST the raid leader was still re-arranging groups to optimize the raid. At 8:35pm EST the raid leader finally told us to go get the DZ. At 8:50pm EST the raid finally had a dozen members in the zone to plant a banner. At 9:00pm EST the raid leader was still going over instructions. At 9:10pm EST the raid leader asked the raid to buff (why this could not be done during raid instructions, who knows). At 9:15pm EST the raid leader asked us to start event. At 9:17pm EST the raid leader announced a wipe in raid chat.

If I was a developer, I would not want to ask that guild to test raids for me.

Now I want to state I am not saying any poster on this thread belongs to a guild like that. I am just saying that guilds like ROI, MS, Triton, CT and ROV are not just given developer time just because. There is a reason for that, and trust is a big reason for it...