Info share on 300+ Tradeskills

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hickers, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Aanuvane Augur

If you find recipes for items that EQTC doesn't have yet, please kindly turn them in to the Database Update Forum and I will add them.

Thanks!
  2. smash Augur

At what point does the Artisan Price increase in stats, when you got all those to 350, or slowly increase as you increase ?

Will it example, increase if you get 1 to 310 ? or need all to 310 to get first or ?
  3. Brudal Augur

You gain 1% (from 75ac to 76ac) from gaining 18 skill points across all tradeskills (can be 1 skill raised from 300 to 318 or 2 points gained in all 9 or any mixture to equal 18). 450 skill ups available divided by 25% remaining on the aug or 18 skill ups per 1%
  4. Orbital101 Augur

I did them all last week... only one that gave me 2 learned recipes was tailoring... I even did them twice to get the non converted tool to do different variation of the final combine. First 2 combine of the tailoring and the shadowscream/bloodling(which involve farming lots of carapaces!) for smithing was the only one that gave me learned recipe message.

Im pretty much 240/247+ in all TS but tailoring at 230. I block what can be done quick while figuring out what im missing while gathering the stuffs I was missing as I work something else. That way i can look at my missing list, search the bazaar a few time a day and look on merchants(you be surprise what people sell!) I'm presently working on a list of each items that need to be farmed with the amount needed/zones/forage/no drop.quests etc. I will have a lot more time to complete it in the next few weeks.

This is a full time job :eek:
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

6. Cicelee Augur

My only complaint is the lack of knowledge in game to know what has been completed. Because I don't want to write down everything I have done, I will probably just do as much as I can and live with the results.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  7. Phancy Elder

The fishing UI should be updated to look like the mixing bowl UI where it shows what eggs you have used for various recipes.
    Instead you have to click on every single recipe for prepared fish etc to see if you missed any.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I know every Fishing Recipe on EQTraders and am stuck at 245 skill.

I did some guess hunting today for making Fly's.

I tried Fey Wings, Griffon Wings and Chromadrac Wings. No go on any of them. I've checked a variety of pelts and furs and really wish I wrote down what didn't work. :/

Harpies, Aviaks and Cockatrices don't seem to have feather drops marked as Tradeskill.
  9. Hickers Elder

Thanks to everyone who has shared so far, there is already a lot of good info here.

Fishing will probably be the next skill I buy the AAs for, so that info is very useful Jhenna. Even without finding any new recipes, we are at least eliminating things to try. Are you aware of the Chokai Bass (fished in old or new chardok) prepared fish recipe posted on EQT?

Is anyone aware of a list/database of what you can fish in each zone, to check against known prepared fish recipes? It's either that or start back in old world, then work through every zone/xpac fishing where you can
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes EQ Traders has one: http://www.eqtraders.com/sources/source_zbt_page.php?st=Fished&menustr=110055000000
  11. Drewie Augur

Since Fish Eggs are made from salmon, I tried with the Storm Salmon from Plane of Storms but it wouldn't combine. Also couldn't make Prepared Fish out of it.

I had no luck finding any Kedge Carp, supposedly fished in Kedge Keep at an unknown location, or foraged in Great Divide. No luck either with fishing Bloodfin Trout in Lake of Ill Omen but like adetia mentioned there's a very old thread where Ngreth said it was removed at some point for some unknown reason.

Has anyone checked the Homemade Bait recipes using the Anizok's Bait Dispenser ?
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I've been going through the bait dispenser recipes, and asked on the EQTC forums if they even counted since you don't "learn a new recipe" with them and cannot look up recipes..
  13. Orbital101 Augur

im stuck at 248
  14. Hickers Elder

Sounds like you're a couple of points further along than others Orbital. Have you found any recipes that weren't listed on EQT?

All the evidence we are seeing of people coming close but struggling to reach max skill seems to back up my theory that very little thought was given to tuning this new system.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I have to double and triple check my recipes now lol. Following all the different fish in the recipe window is so arduous. I wish they'd place the name of the fish in parenthesis on the prepared fish recipes.
    Xeladom likes this.
  16. Brudal Augur

I have to agree, I was checking the new recipe submissions on eqtraders and saw one I missed. I even had a stack of of the required fish in my bags but never did the combine. Hopefully there will either be an output format made available or Jelan/Magelo will be able to snag the known recipes and populate a missing recipes page per character.
  17. GoldenFrog Augur

As things stand, this will need to be an in-game (outputfile) solution by DBG. Magelo type solutions cannot help as the list of recipes is not kept on your client; it is purely through a server-side [Search Recipes] action. Magelo only knows what your personal game client knows.
  18. Stephen51 Augur

I'm thinking that the number of new recipes to obtain a skill up is not uniform across the skills, rather it is dependant on the number of total recipes. It seemed to take me no time at all getting 5 points in fishing but it's taking me a lot longer to get 1 point in smithing.

Does any one know if deity crafted items, (thinking armour augs) are classed as cultural, or is it only items for specific races that can only be worn and/or made by a specific race that is classed as cultural?
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Until proven wrong, I'm going with you need to learn ALL recipes in a given Trade to get to 350 (250 in Fishing). Why else would there be such a large disparity in the number if recipes needed for 1 skill up. My Enchanter buddy was complaining it took him 100+ recipes to gain a single skill in Research. So. Very. Wrong. lol

Edit: Enchanter buddy checked his logs, 155 recipes it took for 1 skill. Good luck!
  20. Orbital101 Augur

Old Race cultural work as a dark elf doing the dark prince armors was an extra 128 combines. That got me 346 very close of 347 and i got all of PoP armors and Tae ew, fiery set to make... i should be close of 350 if not it once done.