balance.. where art thou?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drogba, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valiantSeven Elder

A tank can't possibly do that much damage because it's a tank and everyone knows tank DPS is terrible. Therefore, all parses with tanks high on the list are either faked or it's from a guild that has terrible DPS. Or is it the other way around? Yeah, that's it, if tanks are on the bottom of the parse they're not trying! Or... wait... meh, what does it matter, all parses are invalid because they don't agree with my personal agenda!

Mages have pets.

I think I covered the formula for posting in this thread pretty well.

Really, though, it was dropped out of the first one or two slots at the top of the board, so, you're welcome. Bumped before the lock!
  2. Sikanle Lorekeeper

So using your numbers, let's say Drogba gets 6 mill from the HT, 2 mill from the thought leech, 1 mill from carmine blade, 500k from tvyls, 500k from reflexive rancor. Generous enough? Let me know if you disagree.

Let's remove that 10 million damage from both of Drogba's parses entirely.
    (Pretending major abilities don't exist is always key for fair parsing!)

Still puts him at #1 on the 5 min parse with 37.8 mill dmg, wizard at 36 mill for #2.

Puts him at #2 on the burst with 7.2 mill, monk at #1 with 8 mill.

Great, a pure DPS just won by 10% on burst to a tank, and lost by 5% on the 5 min parse.

Then again, we removed two 10-min re-use abilities from the tank since it "skews burst".
    So we should remove one 5-min re-use from the monk to be fair. Crane stance damage skews burst.
    Remove 1 mill from crane (even though it hits for 2 mill+) and the monk loses on burst too.

I'm sure there was a mana burn in there somewhere too, which is the longest re-use out of everything we mentioned. I won't get into that though bc I don't know much about wizarding.
    Vdidar likes this.
  3. Sikanle Lorekeeper

It already does more than that. Unfortunately, the damage is about the same as it was in RoF.

Happy Holidays.
  4. Sikanle Lorekeeper

Oh and did you miss the 10 min raid parse where the SK was not tanking?
  5. MrMajestykx Augur

I say we find Ashten and ask him, that Sikanle is a sketchy character....just saying :p
  6. Sikanle Lorekeeper

Ask him, he will tell you that my SK smokes both of us when we play together and he is just as upset about it.

We've been sharing burns and raiding together for years now, not going to find a gap in DPS between us.
  7. Sindaiann Augur

Going to state the obvious, 36mil dmg for a wizard over 5mins is weak.
    Xeladom likes this.
  8. p2aa Augur

Two completely different raids most likely, so you cannot make extrapolation between the two. Also most likely not same ADPS support, warriors not at same EoK DPS AA count.
  9. Vdidar Augur

I think we now have a few tanks reaching for anything to try to not get nerfed.
    fransisco likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

How long since you've logged on, Vdidar?
  11. Vdidar Augur

On right now
    Edit: Also heard through the grapevine that there are some SK nerfs on test? and already on to reaver's bargain?
  12. Repthor Augur

i like grapes
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

That is not a vegetable.
  14. Repthor Augur

to bad =(
  15. Insanekitty Lorekeeper

Someone call for balance?

IK was here
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Berserkers...curse those handsome devils! <3

(Excluding the unholy male/barb monstrosities, that is)
  17. Zolav Augur

Handsome.... definitely!
  18. MrMajestykx Augur

lies you cant know you been gone too long
  19. Thraine Augur

your power of observation is amazing :)
  20. Arkanny Augur

watched video and got cancer. dude clicks his spells, wtf.
    Xanathol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.