balance.. where art thou?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drogba, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drogba Augur

95+% of groups i will toggle 2 hander a bit but mainly I use the shield and aim to get more mobs into camp safely for the dps to play with.

this is a droga mission with a random group where i felt comfortable going into dps mode.

Combined: A priest of Droga in 322s, 142796k @443467sdps --- Drogbaa + pets 47816k@148498sdps (148961dps in 321s) [33.49%]
    --- wizard + pets 36090k@112080sdps (122338dps in 295s) [25.27%]
    --- monk + pets 29323k@91066sdps (94591dps in 310s) [20.53%]
    --- druid 16091k@49971sdps (52756dps in 305s) [11.27%]
    --- nec + pets 12849k@39903sdps (40790dps in 315s) [9%]
    --- Drogbone(my pet) 628k@1950sdps (2025dps in 310s) [0.44%]
    --- clr merc 0k@0sdps (0dps in 0s) [0%]

Still using the TBM raid 2 hander, not exactly a great deal of adps support (wtb shm, brd, bst)
    Tucoh, Vdidar and ShammyAlt like this.
  2. Drogba Augur

I've seen all 3 tank classes burst over 500k in 30 seconds.

again, could use more adps:

Kennel Master Al`ele in 30s, 29322k @977395sdps --- Drogbaa 17205k@573507sdps (593283dps in 29s) [58.68%]
    --- monk + pets 8006k@266851sdps (266851dps in 30s) [27.3%]
    --- enchanter 2158k@71949sdps (239830dps in 9s) [7.36%]
    --- nec + pets 1603k@53429sdps (66787dps in 24s) [5.47%]
    --- a pet 302k@10080sdps (12096dps in 25s) [1.03%]
    --- a pet 26k@875sdps (1193dps in 22s) [0.09%]
    --- Drogbone(my pet) 21k@704sdps (2640dps in 8s) [0.07%]
    ShammyAlt likes this.
  3. ShammyAlt Journeyman

Funny how his monk and SK numbers are almost identical to the 2 hours parses I posted that people claimed were weighted.

At 5 mins in the Monk would still have their weakest burn running, and still got smoked.
    Not sure how long Wiz burns last but they got smoked too...
    (assuming Necro is missing dmg since they are very hard to parse)

Oh, but he's only in the #1 guild, the monk and wiz must not know how to play....
    Vrinda likes this.
  4. Drogba Augur

In TBM I actually started using my sk for groups seeking burst dps on the enslaver group mission in place of my wizard, because he could get higher numbers on the initial burn to bypass the crystal phase.
    Vdidar, Vrinda and ShammyAlt like this.
  5. ShammyAlt Journeyman

Y'all realize the world record monk burst right now is only 700k with full support (brd bst zerk shm rng).
    Got a tank doing 600k here with zero support.
  6. Aelen Augur

Technically that enchanter could very reasonably be adding a couple million of the 17 million he did, so I wouldn't say no aDPS. Monk synergy is also weighted in favor of bigger, slower swings, so it's kinda in the knight wheelhouse.

Popping a really high short burst isn't too surprising based on the tools SK's have right now. The sustain stuff was more surprising.
    Drogba likes this.
  7. Vrinda Augur

Yes. Yes, I think he did, lol. And the best part is that after your 30 minute edit window has passed, you can't edit your post to remove something you wish you hadn't said. It just sticks around. :)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. ShadowMan Augur

And his 322 second parse is heavily skewed by harm touch and thought leech impact which are 20 minute reuse.

Tank burst is to high.
    Tank sustained isn't all that bad as its skewed by burst.
    Stances are bad 35% mitigation more so since its trivializes more content sooner and leaves non tanks bloodied.
  9. Seldom Augur

No, his parses are not skewed by those abilities. Parses have already been posted of longer sessions. You guys would make excuses if he had ADPS, if he had no ADPS, if the parse was 2 hours long, or five minutes, or thirty seconds. Multiple valid parses have been posted, by various skilled folks.
    Vdidar likes this.
  10. Xanathol Augur

You haven't even looked at the log, have you?
  11. ShadowMan Augur

I don't even have a dog that matters in this fight.

But you have one long parse of an sk tanking with a 2her in old content. So some of what was seen is from ripostes and DS and it adds up alot. Then you have another parse only 322 seconds that is heavily skewed because thought leech can do 2 million damage instantly and harm touch which can do another something like 2-3 million from the nuke and another 2-3 million from the dot. Unless you are saying that 12-16% of his overall dps for that duration is meaningless. Never mind the other long reuse stuff thats smaller but impactful that in total account from probably 25% or more of that parse all happening in the first 30 seconds.

Tank burst is broken. Sustained is arguable and anyone that understands parses to the degree needed can see the flaws that these limited samples have.
  12. Seldom Augur

Xanathol, I have no need to look at any of these logs in depth. I have a Warrior, Paladin and Shadowknight all in top 10 guilds server wide. I play them enough to know what they are capable of and I also play with a larger pool of players than most do. Keeping powerful abilities like HT on cool down is what you're supposed to do if good. Tanking as many mobs as possible and getting in all the riptoise damage/allowing your group to dps multiples is what you should be doing. None of that stuff is parse skewing. That's real, optimal game play. This is the biggest era of TankQuest the game has ever seen for multiple reasons, this isn't rocket science nor does it take tons of parses to articulate. If you don't see that it explains why you have been asking for Shadowknights to get even more self healing and a BoTF style proc over the years. You obviously have had an agenda for long time and it's not class balance
    Drogba and Vrinda like this.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

My favorite part was definitely the guy calling Drogba a noob. Playing in his groups was always humbling even for other "top" players. Cazic4Life (once I get bored on TLP!)

-Jexx/Xyroff
  14. Xanathol Augur

You really shouldn't make assumptions.
  15. Gumby Augur

I don't know how anyone couldn't have seen this all coming. The only Dev that actually plays the game mains a SK and has zerker box. It's pretty common knowledge.
    Tucoh and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  16. p2aa Augur

What content were the SK tanking ? Thulasiaur mob TDS content.
    Do you know that the 2H proficiency reduces parry and dodge by 60 % ? Won't be possible with EoK mobs for a "normal" tank. Normal is not a max AA full raid gear tank.
  17. p2aa Augur

Read again, I said any "exceptional" tank can hit 160 k. The rogue that did 175 k DPS is a good parse, this is what you need to compare to a good tank parse, 75 k.
    Contrary to you, i'm not supporting any agenda, which is to downplay monks abilities. Yes you said that one raid melee DPS toon can tank 1-2 mobs, and after this you said that one monk can tank one mob with difficulty. I wonder btw why your forum name isn't Monkmain lol.
  18. Vdidar Augur

Why do you guys even try to reason with xanathol? He has dug his heels in everytime. He doesn't want sks nerfed. I get that so just don't even feed into his non constructive talk. It's been the same rhetoric for months.
  19. Sancus Augur

75k for 10 minutes is not a good tank parse. Doing some basic arithmetic will tell you that the parse Drogba refers to in the first post (350k DPS) would equate to about 63 million damage over 3 minutes (350k*180). That means 20 million more damage over the course of three minutes than that warrior did over ten. That's *far* too wide a gap to consider 75k a "good" tank parse.
  20. Horyuken Augur

Just change Crane Stance to do around 1 million damage, the universe will be in balance and bob's your uncle! Happy Holidays.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.