Water Dragon Scales

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soltara, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Soltara Augur

2. Astley Augur

Probably one of the hundreds of never solved (read:broken) quests.
  3. Soltara Augur

I figured as much. Boo. I wanted to do some old silly forgotten quest!
  4. Mowens Elder

Never solved =/= Broken? I know there are a number of unfinished / broken quests, but from what I understand there are a LOT of quests in game that have never been completed. I think this might be one of them. It makes sense they would be used for something.
  5. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Still, would be curious to see if this old item could be for something.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I imagine it's like Selo's Drum, the Earring from Yelinak, and McVaxius' Horn. Technically they are all quest flagged but short of handing them to every NPC Classic->PoP the quests will never be solved. A lot of older quests have very...odd or cryptic breadcrumbs in them and I'm amazed that some were completed at all. You also now have the problem where without adequate faction quest NPCs will simply hand back the item and give no text in return, the same result you get from handing it to the wrong NPC. So you could in theory have found the correct NPC but assumed it was wrong then scoured the rest of Norrath in a fruitless search, all because your Mayong Mistmoore faction was Indifferent instead of Kindly.

Then there is also the possibility that the turnin is to an NPC that no longer spawns due to zone restructuring over the years or is an incredibly rare spawn (imagine handing in a raid item to Raster in Guk) and you end up in a situation where without Dev insight some quests just aren't going to be completed.
  7. Raewhen Journeyman

I hate to burst your bubble, but the Water dragon scales are for a known quest. It was solved in era. Il give you a bread crumb: It is velious era. Happy hunting.
  8. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I don't particular care about the quest so I'm not going to go out of my way to solve it myself. I'm also not convinced you aren't thinking of SEA dragon scales.
    SnapVine likes this.
  10. Astley Augur

Have to agree with the other poster. SEA Dragon scales are for an Othmir quest. WATER dragon scales are a separate item flagged as quest related that drop off of Faydedar.

Unless they can both be turned in for the quest, but I tend to think they are different. You could also be thinking about the Water Dragon Meat and Sea Dragon Meat difference for the Othmir Prexus Totem.
  11. vardune Augur

Actually the devs have posted numerous times about broken quests and have said that a bunch of previously unsolved quest are in fact broken. They did have a dedicated dev working on out of era quests for the TLPs for a bit but i think his focus shifted to more important things.
  12. vardune Augur

Recherche` Totem of Kettlebelly

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PLACEABLE
    Slot: RANGE PRIMARY SECONDARY
    Charges: Unlimited
    AC: 10
    This item is placeable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.
    STR: +10 STA: +10 CHA: -25 WIS: +10 INT: +10 HP: +100 MANA: +100 ENDUR: +100
    SV FIRE: +10 SV DISEASE: +10 SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +10 SV POISON: +10
    Recommended level of 50.
    Effect: Summon Ale (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 2.0) at Level 50
    WT: 0.5 Size: SMALL
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)
  13. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

What was the reason for posting this? I haven't ever seen this. Is it in game? Where is it from?
  14. Astley Augur

It is in the link Gidono posted above as some special quest reward from before.
  15. Soltara Augur

Would be interesting to see what the water dragon scales are for still :p

And what results in that item Gidono posted?
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Seems to be from a GM event that culminated in a fight in Western Wastes sometime at/before 2007.

It also seems like quite an intricate GM event that would have spanned multiple zones and most likely multiple events on different days as each part seemed to give a player a specific item.

Maybe this was something from the Legends server as I don't recall any GM events on live servers being quite so involved, with the exception being The War for FV but that one is very well known.
  17. fransisco Augur

This is pretty rude. Its basically saying "I know something you don't know".
    "Velious era" means the quest npcs are in the old world, kunark, or velious. Somewhere, whevever on some faction.

EQ questing works because people share what they know. There is just too much for anyone to figure out
  18. Cyrris Journeyman

There is a post in the comments of allas page from back in 2004 on this item that says this:
    Not sure how accurate that is.
  19. Astley Augur

Probably not accurate. First water dragon was Faydedar, so it wouldn't involve anything pre-Kunark, and I don't remember them being needed for any epic quests other than Druid, and that drop was never scales. Can drop the Paladin book, but you can get that elsewhere also. I don't think any epic quests were changed off of Faydedar.
  20. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

That post was in response to another post asking about the actual druid epic pieces and not the Water Dragon Scales.