[Phinigel] Master PoP Instances Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Comms and Insignia mobs spawn in the Ssra instance. They are simply rates that drop keys as well.

Everyone in the raid needs an Emp Key to participate in the fight.
  2. Astley Augur

That's not really a good example.

Va Dyn is the keyholder to the building to access the rest of that zone. It would be entirely worthless to NOT have him spawn with the rest of the instance, because he is located about 2 minutes after zoning into VT and without him, you can't get through the rest of the zone without exploiting.

A better example is the key drops for Emp Key that drop key components at their regular rates within the instances.

The majority of the raid will need to complete their keys outside of the instance in order to get to fight Emp, but you can pick up a few of each component by fighting in the AoC instance as well.
  3. Warlorf Augur

#KeyGate2016. Im adding my check into the box for getting rid of the bottleneck
  4. Ryak Augur

This logic literally applies equally well to the PoStorms issue as it does to VDK.
  5. Astley Augur

I agree that they should spawn in the instance, but the logic is NOT the same.

Not having Va'Dyn spawn would prevent you from getting anything in the zone which you JUST entered.

The Giants are different in that you are not prevented from that current zone's access if they are not up.

There is a difference between extending how long it takes to progress through an expansion, and doing something that prevents immediate use of the zone you are entering for the first time.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Well let's be honest... no one uses PoStorms anyway outside of getting BoT keys.

Really it's just Druids soloing for exp and groups getting their BoT key. Rarely a guy will do the PoTactics bypass quest. That's about the sum total of use PoStorm got.
  7. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

If this ends up being the final decision creating an inexorable and frustrating bottleneck for all of the raiding guilds on Phinny, you will have just killed the server. Congratulations Daybreak.

Past TLPs have taken massive hits to populations after PoP drops. EQ seems to have a very healthy TLP in Phinigel where folks could easily being playing through OOW and beyond. I think this decision will derail the positive heading of this server.
  8. Machen New Member

Still not true no matter how many times people repeat it.
  9. Pikallo Augur

Lol this melodramatic garbage is so childish and emo. This server persevered much worse bottlenecks than this and it will manage to survive this catastrophe as well :rolleyes:
  10. Fancy Elder

This - They're also faster spawn times. Please use this as an example before we have to deal with another Cluster F like VP
  11. Heartland Augur

Why are you still posting? didn't you quit? Do you have nothing to do while Rodana raises your children in your absence?
  12. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been around to comment. I had a state-sponsored forum vacation for 7 days. Anyways - onto the issues that matter most!

First, a thanks to the developers for the ongoing bilateral work to make PoP here on Phinigel. The lockout reset NPC helps a lot!

To comment on the above points, I don't think the point is to make any content easier in the instances. Some of the changes proposed, actually make it easier already to kill the targets, at a cost of bottlenecking progress.

In Plane of Storms, the 6 mini-nameds in question aren't rare spawns -- they're actually always up and predictable static spawns. Removing them bottlenecks the progression towards Bastion of Thunder -- it also makes spawning the bosses in the instances easier, as there are less mobs to kill as a result of these static spawns not being up. Guilds should be allowed to have flagging/boss runs, in their own instances as it was intended.

To compare, it's like saying the instance of Plane of Justice won't have the 6 justices up, as they provide keys to higher tier zones and the 7th hammer, and that they'll be available in pick zones. They are accessible and allow guilds to run flagging events for both the 7th hammer and other zones.

Another comparison is in Bastion of Thunder - both the Wing and Tower nameds drop the necessary pieces to progress to Agnarr and flag you for higher tier zones. Instancing them is appropriate, as is the minis in Storms.

In regards to Carprin, all the event bosses SHOULD have MOTM. With that said, it's not an event that needs to spawn in pick zones. The point is the event only generates 36 flags - if this was an oversight in the initial PoP launch or not (Do any other events give this amount of flags? Everything else, iirc was 72). It will cause bottlenecks for guilds, as many will have to wait 2.5 days (or even 6.5 days if Carprin triggers the full zone lockout) to do it again to have enough flags to access the Bertox event below. The suggestion is to up the flag amount to 72 to resolve that.

Hopefully that sheds insight on these matters, and they are changed to reduce the bottlenecks. The instancing vision for the zones varies far too much right now, and should be changed to be more uniform.

I'll have a word with some of you in game and possibly create an online spreadsheet to easily track all the PoP zones, along with concerns/dev responses on what to expect.
    Thellonious likes this.
  13. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Where is this lockout reset NPC?
  14. Fragile Journeyman

Please fix PoStorms/BoT progression. Do not make this a massive poopsock like VP was.
  15. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Again - a whole other thread exists for PoStorms discussion/debate. Please click HERE
    to use it and leave this one for new bugs and updates.
  16. Apex Elder

In Tranq near the PoK Book, also on find under PoP Instance Lockout Cleaner - Bob
  17. MabbuPhinny Augur

Bob the cleaner doesn't remove my Replay Timers, only the hard lockouts for the bosses.
  18. Lanadorm New Member

And yet they continue to say there is no way to fix fubar'd lockouts...
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Tested again after Test update:

I cleared the Turkeybee island, and the Stormrider Priest and 8 menacing stormriders spawned. I allowed them all to path to their location and the Stormrider Priest was the only one targettabled. I aggroed the Stormrider Priest and started to kill it. For some reason 2 of the menacing became targettable while the other 6 despawned. When I killed these 3 mobs, 1 sporadic stormrider spawned. I killed it then I proceeded to run around the rest of the island. Triggered 3 traps and killed 3 more, causing the 5 Pherlondien Clawpikes to spawn. The 4 fakes easily died and the real one had the proper mighty buff and dropped his loot and provided a lockout as intended. Avatar of Wind spawned properly as well.

In summary: Avatar of Wind/Turkeybee event fixed, just weird that you have to clear the island and then run around afterwards to trigger the invisible traps to spawn the sporadics. Old guides/my memory seemed to suggest the sporadics spawn when the Stormrider is slain, not from trap triggering, but its functional and players can complete the event this way if they know to run around triggering traps.

I cleared spider island, killed a few erratics and they respawned properly. When Sigismond dies, all the erratics despawn properly and lockout is given spawning Avatar of Dust in the process.

Avatar of Dust/Spider event fixed.

The Manaetic Prototypes do NOT spawn immediately upon requesting an Innovation instance. None of the 3 were up when I requested it just now. Double check to make sure that whatever you did to flag them as bosses with lockouts somehow stopped them from spawning

Manaetic Prototypes NOT fixed.
  20. Jaera Augur

This is a visual bug, I was able to get Crypt of Decay, drop it, have Bob clean my lockouts, then get Crypt of Decay again. When you get another instance, your lockouts will update again.