[Phinigel] Master PoP Instances Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Absor Developer

I screwed this up. I designed bad and I feel bad about it.

Should be forreal fixed tomorrow.
  2. Sedden New Member

Oh for shame Absor! lol
  3. Astley Augur

If you would like to atone for your sins, you could just globally increase Monk gear drops by 5%.
  4. Absor Developer

First, thanks a lot for testing this stuff so diligently.It's a huge help.

Just and FYI. I've just reviewed this thread. I've created some tasks and passed them around for people to look into stuff posted here. For some of it, discussions will need to be had.

Things I'm pretty sure we will be addressing soon:
    • Instance requirements only affecting the requestor. I'm going to look into this one, hopefully today.
    • Valor and other zones may have flagging issues.
    • Pick zones should be up soon. Not sure if that will matter a lot on test though.
    • A version of MotM should be on bosses shortly.
    • I will be adding an NPC to Test and Beta in PoTranquility that will remove all timers for the pop instances if you just ask nicely. I will call him.. Bob. He should exist soonish, but will cease to exist after Jan. 31.
    • The Agnarr event might be broken due to the way we handled set it up, someone will look into that.
    • We will look into adding the PoP keys mentioned to the key ring.
    • I will look at the Drornok Tok Vo'Lok event and see if it needs to be a boss in the instance and get it's own personal lockout, or if it should exist in pick zones. Sorry, not personally familiar with this one. I will be soon...
    • We will look into the door into AD lair in PoValor.
    • I just tested repops in Valor, and sure enough it is happening. I'll fix that and see if it's happening in other places. There are a lot of steps to the process and it's easy to miss one.
    • Manaetic Prototypes IX, X, and XI should soon be "bosses" and appear in the instance and not pick zones.
    • We will look into the possible issue with Wind and Dust events in PoAir.
    Things we are not going to change (or may not change), and why.
    • Carprin Cycle. The goal isn't to make stuff inherently easier to do, just to remove the crappy issues with access to actual raid bosses. Pick zones make getting keys and flag super easy already, increasing the number of keys seems pretty weak.
    • As I tried to explain above, the goal with these instances is to remove the issue with access to the raid bosses. Anything that is a raid boss should be in the instance. Things that just give keys will be in the pick zones. There will be exceptions to this, for example some zones will be issues if we let them be picked, mostly due to the ability to do a progression-y thing in only one zone, then picking a new one to have access to things multiple times with only doing the work once. Other exceptions may have to happen due to weird scripting or spell things. Those will be handled case-by-case. This is one of the cases where.
    • To that end, we will be researching the "bosses" brought up for Torment, Fire, and Thunder and making a decision.
    Lithien, Finchy and Kelandi like this.
  5. Sedden New Member

Wait so is Carprin going to be a flag mob cycle with the MotM buff so he'll be spawned on instance up or will be be a "key" mob and force people to do him in open world(like the Arx Key) cause techincally he's a flag mob but then you used key to describe him
  6. Prathun Developer

Less. Of course, this can be adjusted if necessary.
  7. Prathun Developer

Could not reproduce the issue with the Turkeybee/Stormrider isle event being uncompletable. Tested this multiple times. The sporadic stormriders spawn when invisible traps are triggered on the island and all of them need to be killed to spawn the boss, Pherlondien. Is it possible you meant the menacing stormrider NPCs? 8 of them spawn with the Stormrider Priest of Destruction and move to a formation near his location before becoming non-targetable. Note that it is not necessary to kill them in order to complete the event. I did find that it took an awfully long time before the non-targetable menacing stormriders would become active and I believe this to be a longstanding bug that was also true in the base zone, and it is now fixed.

I was able to reproduce the erratic spider issue. The erratic spiders should now spawn more reliably when killed. Note that there is a random component as to when and how many will respawn. Sometimes it happens after 3 kills, and sometimes it requires killing all 15. I believe this to be a longstanding bug that was also true in the base zone, and it is now fixed.

The Manaetic Prototypes in Innovation are now treated as bosses and have their own lockout for the instance.
  8. Machen New Member

I don't think anyone wants any of this stuff to be easier to do, they just want to be able to do the carprin cycle with 36 people in two different instances and not then have to wait ~3 days to do the Bertox encounter with the combined 72 people. It's going to slow down progression for everyone but the top open world guild, and it has nothing to do with the encounter difficulty. If you either put Carprin in a separate dz, or reduced the global dz timer to a day, everyone would be very happy.

Either way it won't be an issue after the first week, the only impact will be whether the #2-5 guilds are 1 day behind the number 1 guild, or 2-3 days behind the number 1 guild, in beating PoTime. But if it's not changed, it will lead to exactly the sort of open world drama during that first week that instancing on Phinny was designed to avoid.
    Silentchaos and Ryak like this.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

You may be right, I think it was the menacings I was killing as they were pathing to their formation. In the end, I had 1 menacing left up and untargetable and the script would not progress from there. Atleast it didn't for the few minutes I ran around there trying to track down any other stormriders that may have progressed the script. It's possible I didn't wait long enough though.

Thank you for the fast fixes, once I come off lockouts (or Bob appears!) I'll test these again.
  10. Trevalon Augur

I am still very concerned about the Plane of Storms named mobs for the Aiding Aiskr quest. This is by far the largest bottleneck in PoP and if these mobs are not fixed to work in instances then you are going to have literally 20 guilds (lets say an average of just 60 people per guild that need these items - that means 1200+ people will need this key done).

Seriously Absor. You said the goal of instances is to remove bottlenecks so that guilds can complete raid targets. You guys changed Veeshan's Peak cause it was such a horrible mess, so why are yall completely ignoring Plane of Storms? Do you really think its acceptable to require over 1200 people to poop sock 9 mobs that spawn on a 4.5 hour spawn timer (And you need 2 of them no less)?

I implore you guys to look into these mobs:

Faruek the Bold
    Laruken the Rigid
    Paruek the Strong
    Pendubk the Turbulent
    Solnebk the Unruly
    Zertuken the Unyielding

Please let these mobs spawn in instances, at least then people can bet Bastion of Thunder keys and can progress with raid targets (Which is what you said is the entire reason for instancing).

All we want you to do is make them spawn in the instance...like they should. Them not spawning is a bug in the instancing and it just needs to be fixed.
    Ryak likes this.
  11. Adonhiram Augur

Did you have time to discuss with your team the MotoW issue ? Us petlovers still wait for a word from you ;-)
  12. Kyel Journeyman

I just want to thank the team for being on top of any potential PoP problems and answering questions and concerns.

And on that note. In the quoted section above are you saying since Carprin Cycle isn't an "actual raid boss" and just a key that it will be popping in pick zones? Or are you saying the Carprin Cycle is one of the special cases that is just for keying, but won't be popping in instances and only give out half a raid of keys/flags and preventing the entire raid from getting access to Bertox?
  13. Pikallo Augur

They do spawn in the instance, just not immediately. This is the same type of thing that happened with Wraith of a Shissar in PoFear and that was never changed - so I wouldn't get your hopes up. These named giants DO spawn in the instance, just not immediately - so it is not technically a bug, it just doesn't work the way you want it to.

That said, I do agree it would be nice if they spawned immediately upon requesting the instance as that would make more sense.
  14. Astley Augur

I believe someone tested it earlier and posted... they stayed in the instance for the full 6 hours, and only 3 of them spawned? Or something like that. So the spawn cycles are not short enough to make it logical to get them.
  15. Pikallo Augur

Understood, someone posted 4 hrs and 38 mins and someone else posted they only saw 3 the entire time. My point was simply that the named mobs do spawn on what would appear to be their normal respawn timer - which, although not ideal or logical in this case, is not technically a bug and that there is precedent for them to leave it like this(Shissar).
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think it is pretty clearly a bug because these are required for progression in the expansion, they are prone to highly contested open world activity that the instances are meant to avoid and the spawn cycle is so long that before they all spawn it is likely there instance has collapsed and you have a 7 day timer.
  17. Pikallo Augur

Things like getting ported to the wrong location during an event script, or being able to claim out-of-era items via manipulation of the claim window are bugs. Mobs spawning on their normal timer, albeit in an instance, is not necessarily a bug, it is just something you want to have changed. And as I said, I fully agree with that desired change and I'm not looking to get into a pissing match about vocabulary.

I agree with the sentiment, I just wanted to convey the thought that there IS precedent for them to NOT change things like this and to set the appropriate expectations.
  18. Astley Augur

Not a 'bug', perhaps, but due to shortened server time in PoP, especially for Phinny, the logistics are that it may prevent most guilds from ever advancing enough players past this step before the expansion ends.

Unintended bottleneck that could cause a LOT of problems on a server with lots of active progression guilds.
  19. Trevalon Augur

They MIGHT spawn in the instance. You could go all 6 hours and get 0 of them or you could could go 4.5 and get all of them. This sort of thing is not conducive to what they have said the instances are for and when people come here and muddle up the water it doesn't help anything. Absor already didn't know about these mobs or had any clue about this quest. The goal is to educate them so they will fix these problems so we don't have to have a Veeshan's Peak debacle again.
  20. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It is a bug. Because the mobs are not spawning at the beginning of the instance. For them to spawn on their normal timer would imply there is some uptime to these mobs spawning (there isn't) or that they were killed previously and you're waiting on respawn (they weren't).

Let me put it this way. If I requested the PoStorms instance and every single mob is down when the instance is created, and you'd have to wait the normal respawn for the trash and named mobs and quest NPCs to respawn to populate the zone... would that be a bug? I think everyone would say yes.

It's pretty clear this is an issue and should be resolved. I don't care about the precedent set by a single mob for a single classes epic. We are talking about the only quest that opens up access to probably the most used PoP exping/grinding zone (BoT), in the era. A quest which is also required to continue progressing in the raid content. The two are not comparable at all.