SK Spell: Harmonious Disruption proc rate

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Issk, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Issk Journeyman

I've been using this spell while progressing through EoK and the proc rate stinks. When cast I have 48 attempts and a 4:45 sec timer. I usually have 30+ procs left every time it times out. Seems to me this spell should run out of procs if you are in constant combat rather than time out...

Come on devs, balance this better and make it more useful by upping the proc rate.

Thanks
  2. Riou EQResource

What do you mean? It's 100% chance on beneficial spells that are 5k+ in direct healing between levels 96-110
  3. Seldom Augur

Balance this better? SK Harmonious is an amazing spell.....
  4. Issk Journeyman

Turns out my healer was casting on group heals, so makes sense. Asked them to use direct heals and it proced like a boss. Thanks for the clarification.
  5. josh Augur

It's too good in my opinion, generates so much aggro its practically useless in a raid unless you really want to tank everything in range of you. I know people hate nerfs and I'm sure this is gonna ruffle some feathers but i honestly thing this portion "Increase Current Hate by 4%" should be removed from both the sk and war versions of this ability. considering i can take the text at face value, admittedly not likely, that portion would increase the total amount of hate generated by the warrior harmonious precision after 48 procs from 1,260,432 to 3,793,426. And that doesn't even include other sources of hate that would be compounded by the 4% increase to current hate.

I'll admit, I'm by no means certain it works that way, but however it works, it generates an absurd amount of hate. Keeping aggro off an sk who is using harmonious disruption on a raid is very difficult.
  6. Brohg Augur

It's a tool that can be used. A powerful one. One might make analogy with a sledge hammer, and recognize that sometimes one does want a scalpel instead. Nerfing the sledgehammer into a whifflebat, though, won't suddenly make it usable in scalpel situations. That would just make it a shabby sledge hammer.

Warriors have dealt with this for years with Wade Into Battle. It's okay to not use the sledge hammer sometimes.

If your fellow tanks don't make appropriate use of their agro tools, it is not a fault of the tools.
    Kravn likes this.
  7. Drogba Augur

Actually, if there was one thing above all i wish they'd get rid of or change for sk's, it's this harmonious spell. Aggro is normally won by right of your own aggressive spell casting. ..and while this is still true to a point, now it's really about which sk gets healed the most to proc this.

..And that's a situation that can be manipulated. You could box a cleric or get some buddies to spam heal you even when not taking damage as the adds trickle in, and you will be tanking everything while holding up your middle finger to the other sk's who are down at 1% aggro.
  8. Chaosflux Augur

At that point you are making a conscious choice to no longer act as a functional member of a team... raiding is about teamwork, not epeen mah aggro so hard contests.
  9. Drogba Augur

There are events where the adds are a pushover and there's no need to get /tar /xtar serious about it. In fact many teams I have raided with don't even assign those and it's a free for all. Dig in if you want a slice type deal. If no-one is assigned anything, i'll take everything that i can survive, but I am selfish, that's why i picked an sk, they are a selfish class.
  10. Drogba Augur

I know i'm not alone in that mentality either. This spell will be abused.
  11. Chaosflux Augur

Sounds more like a good reason for them to start tuning raid trash like it actually belongs in a raid then.
  12. Brohg Augur

Weird way to use "abused". Like, you pull stuff on yourself until you're smashed by it. Then things go back to normal. If there's not enough to smash you, then it would have to be incoming faster than you could spam 2*terror+dec.deflection, to be different than before? That doesn't sound like a plausible scenario
  13. Drogba Augur

I literally don't understand what that line says.

My gripe is that in a scenario where tanks toss out ae agro, the most aggressive one is not necessarily rewarded with the mobs, the one who is spam healed the most on incoming is. ..and that can be set up.

(off topic a sec, but, I haven't found a reason to use a second terror in years outside of special circumstances (tanking a no disease tbm boss (swap out spear) or kiting. 2 terrors is antiquated)
  14. Brohg Augur

You'd use 2 terrors to tag hypothetically fast-spawning mobs on incoming, that you didn't want to be summoning you all over.

I don't see tanking as a race/competition that way. As long as someone is aggressive enough to tank them instead of having them jump the bards or whatever, then the whole scenario is copacetic. I'm not bothered, as I go about filling my role well, if someone else is also filling theirs well.
  15. Drogba Augur

You could do that, though our AA abilities are usually suitable to cover that.
  16. Brohg Augur

Sure. So - whichever ones you use, existing abilities already let you tag/tank incoming mobs already. Not that Harmonious isn't powerful, but to say abused would imply to me that something out of scale with the status quo was in the offing.
  17. Drogba Augur

Whether there's player intent or not, as long as that spell is in existence in it's current form, the less aggressive can be rewarded if they have more heals dumped on them sooner.

It's a pretty big change to how aggro has worked for years, I suspect it's an oversight.

Here's an example of what an aggressive sk could opt to do if they wanted to combat this: you can run up to the incoming mobs and deliberately eat damage early when you otherwise wouldn't need to, in order to trigger the healers into healing you, procing your AE.

On High Bokon, you could get into melee range of the incoming adds and travel with them to the kill pile while they beat on you. You could go in and try to spike to 40%, hit instant lifetap, take another spike, forceful rejuvenation + instant tap ---make the incoming as painful as possible to focus more healer attention on you. Drop to low hp and hit deflect, soon as your hp is healed up, click off deflect to take some more damage. ..find ways to take more damage early, rather than less damage! That, or have the healers in your pocket to begin with.

Basically, this has opened a door for us SK's to get pretty special olympics with this, should we choose too. And in my opinion, not in a fun way.

It's not like we weren't great at AE aggro already. Warrior's (although limited by cooldowns) and enchanters were the only one's that had us there.
  18. Maedhros High King

Why am I picturing a SK sitting on his hands that the clerics and everyone else is healing the crap out of and the Harmonious is agroing every. single. mob.
    Just gotta make sure to re-cast that Harmonious when it drops!
  19. Brohg Augur

What reward? Defense & Dodge skillups? Do you need those, are you guilded with folks that compete with you for them?
  20. Drogba Augur