You can no longer illusion through doors

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roadgame, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Roadgame New Member

Yesterday's patch on test removed the ability to illusion, mount/demount, shrink, shadowstep or using a pet to trigger a door to open/close. Now you must have a rogue or flag for every door in the game or you cannot go through it.

Remains to be seen if it's intentional or oversight, but this is a monstrous killjoy when you stop to think about it. Sure it was a bug to get through doors this way but for the last decade they've put altered doors in places that mattered such as raids and mechanisms to boot people who glitched to places they shouldn't be in raids, etc, the only thing this affects is people enjoying places like Old Sebilis where you are basically never going to be able to certain camps because this isn't 2001 and there aren't many, if any, rogues bopping around to groups and opening doors for you.

At the very least if this was intentional you need to go back to old group zones and remove the key requirement for them in my opinion.
  2. YellowBelly Augur

Just drag a rogue box along to these old zones.
  3. Kaley_D'vere Journeyman

I don't have a problem with this IF they also make these decades-old keys keyringable/not temp. There's no reason why I need to have a gajillion keys for places like Najena, Drunder (ToFS - seriously?) etc, taking up inventory space.
  4. Branntick Augur

Nice to see DBG staying on top of "fixing" everything nobody complains about while leaving far more pressing issues broken and unaddressed. For a minute there I thought they had lost their touch.
  5. Critts Augur

This is just a reason to get people to play their rouges again.
  6. fransisco Augur

Locked doors didn't get rogues more groups. They just deny most players access to the content.
    If there is a key (And its reasonable to get) - great. Then its no different than a flag.
    If there is no key - its horrible game design.
  7. moogs Augur

So basically bring a FTP mage with you to COTH your FTP rogue directly to the locked door. Too bad that leveling up lockpicking is such a chore. It would be nice if the rogue mercenaries were good for something since I don't know anyone that prefers them over caster mercs. It would be much more efficient to just swap mercenaries, tell the merc to pick the lock, and swap back. Eh, whatever.

I have a feeling that this is meant to encourage people to play rogues or at least have pity on rogues and invite them to dungeon groups on the TLP servers. No major impact on the normal blue servers.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  8. Warlorf Augur

about 15 years too late ..
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Unless there is a reasonable way to obtain the keys, this sucks. In addition, there are times when you need to get past doors due to bugs or other issues.

I understand the feeling that a locked door is there for a reason, but this is a huge change. Before implementing it, a review of every single locked door (including those that lock people out of things during a quest, i.e. no key or picking lock possible) needs to be done.

Unfortunately, from past experiences, I tend to believe there has been no review of all locked/locking doors before this was done. Without such a review, "fixing" something is worse than not fixing it.

Before you "fix" anything, you need to understand what you are doing. This seems yet another "fix" that causes more problems than it solves.
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

There is no "rouge" class in EQ. Although there should be. A class that could apply enough makeup to a door to make it actually disappear would be awesome.
  11. Tevik Augur

Like when the door out of High Bokon's room locks when you kill him and you can't get to Enslaver. Good times there.
    Thunderkiks and gotwar like this.
  12. segap Augur

This will make PoP flagging even more fun for those that are slacking on their aug.
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

For Chrisssakes, if you're going to make a change to something we've been used to for 15 years, at least make it only apply to current and new content. Thanks TLP for seeping more of your poison into live servers, I guess.

And I hope every single key that is missing from /key is added to it. Every single one. Even temporary ones. What a mess.
  14. mackal Augur

Good thing I did my shaman 1.0 already, I have no idea how to open those doors in the sky in city of mist :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Perhaps they should create an item for Live Servers (newer expac quest / tinkering recipe) that allows ALL classes to pick lock old-world doors.

They could tweak Archaeologist's Automated Antiquity Analyzer.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=113785

or Add a new pick lock door item.
  16. Captain Video Augur

It will be an AA in the next expansion. Must have AA level >= door level to auto-pick the lock. AA will cost 100/level, up to current level cap.
  17. just_some_bard Lorekeeper

Morons. Total morons. So late into the game...

Truly unfathomable. Yea, itll be an easy thing to adapt to most likely. But, why even bother??
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  18. Aghinem Augur

So let me get this right...

People complain about how bugs never get addressed or fixed. Now people are complaining that DBG fixed an exploit that enabled a player to pass through locked doors using mounts, illusions, etc. because it just inconvenienced them...

[IMG]
    Suifeng, Tarvas, Brilhasti and 2 others like this.
  19. Karthanon Augur

Well, there goes the new past time of VT for me on Live, trying to get the clicky IVU for alts for giggles.

Do I want to level a rogue? Not really.

Hope you make a /keyringable key for all these doors.
    Nandary Griefs and Xanathol like this.
  20. segap Augur

Think people would like to see newly introduced bugs that negatively impact game play resolved rather than 15+ year-old bugs that have essentially become part of the game.

I thought this would have been "fixed" when they did the fix to character size when being illusioned. I always enjoyed giant gnomes, was a shame to see them fix that quirk that had existed since launch.