[Phinigel] Master PoP Instances Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Hey guys,

PoP AoC's are now accessible on test. You can find ALL of them outside of all the zones. Please post any issues you find under here.
  2. Popanasty Journeyman

Right on. About Time!
  3. Jaera Augur

[nit] The Agent of Change for Plane of Nightmare B (Lair of Terris Thule) is located somewhat far away from the zone line associated with PoN B (The AoC is in the south-east corner of the zone, at the south part of the crypt/town/whatever you want to call it area, whereas the zone line to PoN B is on the eastern wall).

[nit] Completing the Hedge Maze event while in the Plane of Nightmares instance transports you to the non-instanced version of Plane of Nightmares where you are ported to the hedge. This is a very, very minor issue since the zone out is 5 feet away and the AoC to get back in the instance is right there.
  4. bodes Augur

That's a server-killer right there, RIP Phinny
  5. Machen New Member

So did they move everything to 54? Or is it still all 72 except PoTime? Or is PoTime now 72?
  6. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Time was always 72. Everything I've triggered thus far is 72.
  7. Machen New Member

I should remember that :p
  8. Trevalon Augur

Last Monday I sent a PM to Prathun (He never responded but he did CC it to Absor and Dzarn, so I know he read it lol) with a few concerns that our guild had with PoP to see if a few glaring issues might be fixed. Those were:

1) Plane of Storms. This is clearly the bottleneck in PoP for Phinigel. If the drop rate is not changed this could create a situation of weeks to get everyone keyed for BoT and/or 1 guild could theoretically lock down all of PoP for everyone. My suggestion was to increase the key drop rate on the boss giants (They have done this for past keys, such as Emperor Rifts) and to either make PoS have an AoC or make the giants all pop in Picks. We need to test if this was actually done because this particular zone could be a huge problem for Phinny.

2) Carprin Cycle only gives 36 keys instead of 72 like everything else. I am hoping they up this to 72 keys, Why Carp was only 36 when everything else was 72 is really a baffling choice originally, so maybe they increased this to 72. Needs testing - though getting 36+ people to test this might be difficult unless some guild does it on a mass scale. Could a Dev just tell us if they increased this or not?
    Ryak likes this.
  9. Trevalon Augur

AoC's require a key to enter the instance, if you do not possess the key the AOC actually tells you exactly what you are missing for that zone (Its really well done actually very good attention to detail - very impressed).

That being said here is bugs I ahve found:

1) Plane of Valor does not require a Flag - previously it required a PoJ Trial. This should be fixed.

2) The Named Giants for BoT quest in Plane of Storms do not spawn on Instance pop? This seems to be a big oversight as there is no other reason to have an AoC for Storms other than these giants.
  10. Machen New Member

This is probably because it's test?
  11. Trevalon Augur

Note: I am using my actual level 60 Phinny toon to test this.

Maybe? All the other zones told me I had to have a flag for them. I am only 60, does PoV open at 60?
  12. Machen New Member

Yes, outside of progression servers PoValor just requires level 55 to enter now.
  13. Trevalon Augur

Ok then thats probably it, but either way it should be checked heh
  14. Machen New Member

Some of this stuff can't be checked really, since there is no permanent progression test server, but the entrance requirements worked correctly on previous progression servers so good chance they will work fine this time around too.
  15. Trevalon Augur

Big one:

ONLY the Instance requester needs to be flagged. I was able to enter Tactics and other zones I was not flagged for because I had a flagged toon gain the instance. Note: When I tried to get the instances myself it told me I could not enter because I was not flagged, but once I had gained the instance through someone else, I could zone in fine.
  16. Machen New Member

Again, this is because you are on test. You don't have to be flagged to enter the zones on test.
  17. Trevalon Augur

But it wouldn't let me get the zone myself it said I had to be flagged. I could not enter Tactics without flagging (the AoC told me what flags I was missing) but when a high level who already was flagged got it, it then let me enter no problem.
  18. Machen New Member

Yes. That's how they work on live.
  19. Trevalon Augur

Oh ok, I dont play Live so I didn't know that - just seemed odd I couldn't get the zone, but if someone else did that was already flagged then I could zone in.
  20. Machen New Member

Try zoning directly into potactics, not through the agent of change. You will be able to. You can access the zones at level 60. You just can't request the instances (on test) unless you've done all the flagging.