balance.. where art thou?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drogba, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Agreed. In that video, there is no way on this planet a paladin could tank anywhere near that amount of current content mobs. Once deflection and shield flash go down, we don't have any of the tools to keep ourselves alive in that situation. The same can be said about warriors, even though they aren't a self sufficient class to begin with.

By warriors, yeah they are. They need to know a couple of tricks that aren't being shared because of obvious reasons (I don't know what they are myself,) but that can absolutely happen.
  2. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Maybe it's just me, but the most ingenious thing I saw in the video was the "fishing" bandolier setup. I can't believe that I never thought of that and I even have an empty bandolier slot. :)

The rest - yeah, whatever. Just move along, nothing new to see here.
  3. Minato Augur

And people were saying nerf the trash mobs on day one /sigh
  4. Sarcogian Augur

Hi drogba! Hi sancus!
    Drogba, Sheex and Sancus like this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Serious question: what are warriors doing to sustain 350k DPS in DPS groups?

I'd also like to see a raid parse.
  6. Sancus Augur

Hi Sarco!
    Sarcogian likes this.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

Edit: I know they are trying, so I don't mean to demean that. It's just kind of astounding bard balance is about how many pennies in comparison to how many dollars other classes differ.

Mass nerfs that kick down non-optimal guild rosters are not the solution, whatever the solution may be. They shouldn't design around "well if you min/max you can do XYZ" and cripple other forces that do not have that luxury in comparison.

That said things are unbalanced. It is hilarious how they tip toe around "balance" with push and such with bard dps when the class is FAR below others to begin with, as if a slight knock down on potential personal DPS balances out a slightly less powerful nuke not having push when our dps is already so low to begin with. It makes absolutely no sense the hoops bards have to go through to even think about attaining marginal DPS. It makes sense that we can't do so while at the same time performing our crowd control abilities, but that's true of most any class that can fulfill various roles.

I don't think the answer is kicking other classes down however. That just makes things more difficult for non-optimal forces.

And I am still bitter about Lure of the Siren's Song being gutted. It should work player level+3 (the same as mezz, considering that's its entire point of existing).
    Tevik likes this.
  8. Mistatk Augur

sk have more dps then warrior and tank better, nerf them. and boost mages and bards, they need a more power.
  9. Cicelee Augur

I completely disagree with some of the comments and numbers being thrown about in the OP. For a comparison sake, my guild did both T1 EOK raids on Friday night. I combined all the players for the classes and got an average parse for the two events combined, per class:

Warriors- 216k DPS
    Paladins- 69k DPS
    Shadow Knights- 497k DPS
    Berserkers- A billion gazillion DPS
    Rogues- A billion gazillion kajillion DPS
    Monks- 0 DPS (they generally just FD and bid on loot)
    Rangers- 999,999,999,999,999k DPS
    Beastlords- Square root of infinity DPS
    Bards- negative 100k DPS (but they make everyone else better)
    Clerics- 3.14159k DPS
    Shaman- 123,456,789k DPS
    Druids- 1 DPS
    Enchanters- 987,654,321k DPS
    Necromancers- unknown (first rule of necro club)
    Wizards- One hundred trillion billion kajillion zillion thousand DPS
    Magicians- we were told to cast a mod rod in guild hall and wait until the event was over

As you can see, each guild is different with regards to parses...
  10. Bamkan Augur

/shouts Warriors are overpowered

/posts video showing SK overpowered.

Am i missing something?
    Avory, daranged and Sindaiann like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Hmm, and here I was expecting a direct quote from one Bender Bending Rodriguez...
    Sarcogian likes this.
  12. Minato Augur

.... how could you call out our secret like that!
    Thrillho and Zunnoab like this.
  13. Murphy Elder

I would like to be rick rolled again. Thanks.

One thing about EQ that never changes....peeeeesing contests over balance.
  14. Minato Augur

I still have the strongest stream!
  15. ~Mills~ Augur

When hes not under an sk leech effect that have counters he is just face tanking the mobs based on what ever variables are coming into play we might not know. Healers, ae stuns, combo of his gear, knowledge and buffs, etc. But hes tanking just fine without epic, coil, coa bp, leechcurse at times so that shows an equal pally or war could pull it off even if they had to do a less mobs at a time because they didnt have the exact tool set.
  16. Fintank Augur

Paladins and Warriors can most certainly tank that amount of mobs if they know what they're doing. Especially when you throw in an actual healer and good DPS.

Hi Sarco!
    Sarcogian likes this.
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

At least this post makes me feel like my 115 AA solo lesson burns won't be nerfed :D
  18. Sarcogian Augur

Nope, retired. It's nothing but good times and hi's!
    Sheex likes this.
  19. Fadyena New Member

Drog if you get Riss nerfed.. i am coming after your blood...Shhhh about the Enchanters..
  20. Thraine Augur

hes not going to get anyone nerfed, just cause OP came on here talking a bunch of inaccurate bull doesn't mean the devs are listening or even care.

there are real issues people are posting about and the devs dont care about them
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.