Server Stability

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Skiper, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eqgamer Augur

grrrr I don't want a Saturday life!!!!
  2. Boohoo Journeyman

3. Kairnn Lorekeeper

I am guessing these 4 servers are in the same rack or or VM, and whatever they did toasted them all. they will not give feedback as they messed up... we will get apologies later.
  4. wiha Elder

apologies when did that ever happen just a simple we will not have the 4 servers up until ______ would be nice
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

So ready to take my time and money other places. No response yet again from the Crack detectives as to wtf is doing on. Alienate your customers long enough and you won't have any
  6. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Yea... Now that servers are up, I found those of us who had been playing last night have been rolled back, too. Lost 10-15 AAs, a named kill, 2 collectibles from named, 100 or so of new EoK currency, task completion, some gems, etc.
  7. Boohoo Journeyman

well 1 hour and 12 hours have some of the same numbers.
  8. faya Lorekeeper

Here we are again, the server suddenly crashes. All progress likely lost, yet again. We are paying money to play this game, good money at that. PLEASE FIX THE SERVER AND MAKE IT STOP CRASHING!

Maintenance and monitoring goes a long way.
  9. faya Lorekeeper

Major rollback. The server is terrible.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I completely understand your feelings. I have been communicating the importance of at least communicating with the players to our Community Relations rep. I just have no idea how much of what can be communicated is actually under his control.
    Nandary Griefs and Geroblue like this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It is not the fault of customer service at all. And hard to tell where the buck stops. No idea how much control our Community Relations person has in the info given out to us but someone somewhere decided we should not be given any info on these long standing issues.

I assume fixing the problems is high priority well as high priority as EQ issues get. Pretty sure we are near or at the bottom of the ladder on those things. So either the problem isn't able to be fixed quickly or they aren't being given or don't have the resources to fix it quickly.

The CS staff though have nothing to do with this they all do the best job they can with the resources they have.

I would agree that whoever approves/directs their communications section should be fired though. They create so much friction with their clients who pay their salaries because p**** poor communications again and again. .
  12. Sindaiann Augur

We had some prior to the patch on Saturday. Nice try. And various other ones prior to Friday, including toons just randomly being kicked, traders booted, etc etc all week, all part of server instability.

Crying does nothing.

PS - Go look at my post on Friday about Drinal Down.
  13. Maedhros High King

I mean, I lost 3 raid nights when lock outs were up to the server crashing or being down for 14 hours.
    I bet you would not be so smug if that happened to CT. Take 3 days off your beating TBM and CT drops from 5th overall to 9th.
    Thanks for being sympathetic though.
  14. Sindaiann Augur

My original quote was about someone who complained about paying for a service and them complaining that it was down the next day, which i provided a hyperlink to why.

I never once said anything about Cazic whatsoever.

Try again.
  15. Kravitz Augur

I'd say learn to speak with your $$$, but this is EQ players we are talking about, they will never learn to do that.
  16. Kravitz Augur

Yep, that's your mistake right there - Buying 1 year subs. You'd think players would learn to be smarter about that by now, but I guess this is EQ players we are talking about, they never learn.

The quality of the game in all aspects, development, server stability, marketing, customer support, etc. has declined severely over the last 5-6 years, why would you continue to funnel more money than necessary till Daybreak decides to get their act together.

And most people actually do not play this game 12 months out of the year, beside the nice market of raiding guilds.

Stick with Kronos,1 or 3 month sub plans, so you have the flexibility of cancelling.

P.S. - If your argument is "well I like supporting the game's development", how has that been working out for you for the 5-6 years in terms of how they've been making decisions on the EQ1 franchise? Not to mention, they take the money they make of EQ1 to funnel it into other game projects.
  17. RadarX Augur

Let's get this back on topic please.

The team is still working on resolving the issues many of you have been reporting over the past few weeks. They've made improvements but it's iterative and will require more work. We again appreciate everyone's patience and know this is one of the top priorities for the team right now.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  18. Geroblue Augur

Thank you for the update ! Yippeee !
  19. Havanap Elder

Thanks RadarX, that's the most comforting post on this issue in a long time, possibly ever.

That acknowledges there is a long-standing problem. Obvious to us players, yet rarely if ever mentioned by an employee. For all we know (knew), Daybreak is so caught up in that zombie game that they didn't notice, or didn't particularly care.

Hurray. I'm very happy that the server stability problem is being actively worked on, I'm sure this knowledge will fuel our patience.

I realize you guys are somewhat handcuffed as to what info you can divulge, but you're not part of a multinational conglomerate any more, so in order to succeed you'll need support from the players. And in return for that support, the players expect to be kept informed. That still needs to improve. You could have said that this was a top priority weeks ago and avoided a lot of the negative feelings apparent in the player base. But many thanks for stepping forward and giving us this update now.

Please keep the server stability updates coming as improvements are made.
  20. Komm New Member

Just to tack onto this...
    CT went down again. It's back up at this point.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.