balance.. where art thou?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drogba, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drogba Augur

Do the developers not understand how grossly imbalanced certain classes are at the moment?

Warriors can do sustained 350k+ on raids in dps groups. Tank dps needs a nerf across the board. While us knights are enjoying the stances, we really didn't need them. You needed to instead take them away from the warriors who became OP as a result of them.

Additionally, thanks to the way things have been scaling up.. raid forces could get away with one main tank and 1 add tank, provided the rest of the raid force has strong overall dps output and solid healing. (you'd obviously want some backup tanks incase of LD or human error, and for the occasional niche event if for some reason you don't have a pet class, but still)

Enchanters can tank full ETW's with their mitigating runes and do some of the best dps at the raid level. What kind of message does seeing enchanters tank full ETW's send to group or raid geared tanks who work hard to improve their characters gear and tanking abilities. ..while being one of the best dps classes in the game as well? what happened to them primarily being a utility class!?

Monks get both outdps'd and out tank'd by the tank classes (so why play one?).

On an almost seperate note, here's how to gain 250-300+ AA on a lesson burn in EoK:

..2nd and 3rd pull were too small (bad mob roundup), but it kicks back into top gear after that~>

Remind me why you'd want to tank as a paladin or warrior instead right now?
  2. eqgamer Augur

Holy buttons. And cool music choice for the vid. I won't get into the other stuff :--)
  3. Drogba Augur

4. Thraine Augur

Nothing like putting other classes on blast with bad info lol

Wonder what the rogues, zerkers, wizards, mages, rangers, beastlords, and monks are doing on your raids if chanters are topping parses? you might wanna talk to some people in your guild about performance standards
  5. MrMajestykx Augur

dude.....your monks, zerkers and rogues are seriously bad or slack if they are getting outparsed by warriors or chanters. Might wanna have a guild performance standards meeting as K mentioned in his post. wow, but hey cool video
    Lily, Gundolin, Xeladom and 2 others like this.
  6. Sancus Augur

Nerf mage pets tbh
  7. Dramez Journeyman

All that video is going to do is get SKs nerfed again. Your at the top of your class with the best gear possible. It's the 1℅ trying to ruin it for us middle class SKs. Lol

Show some raid parses to back up your dps claim please. That's the only thing the devs want.
  8. Minato Augur

yeah riposte damage is a beast. but as others have mentioned if your dps classes are being out parsed on raids there are some serious issues here.

After seeing shennron in your video im assuming you're in roi and i doubt the monks rangers bsts zerks rogs etc are being out parsed by your tanks
  9. gotwar Gotcharms

OMG, shots fired!

ftfy ;)

lol'd irl

edit: posting in an awesome troll thread <3
    moogs and Sancus like this.
  10. Sancus Augur

Drogba said that warriors were sustaining 350k in DPS groups, not that they were topping parses. That said, there certainly are a number of DPS classes that can't sustain 350k.

With regards to enchanters, I personally haven't seen enchanters on parses outside of Vim and Vigor. That said, their DPS was quite strong in TBM with the DoT revamps.
    Azzurri and Turayalon like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Dunno man, taking that candy can sometimes have dire consequences!

[IMG]

Member what happened here?

As for the rest of your post, none of that seems out of the ordinary as far as class competition for the last decade or so. This game hasn't had class balance in forever. (I do think swarming is stupid, though!)
  12. Drogba Augur

Yeah, I overstated them a slightly; Enchanter's aren't the best dps, but they're very, very strong!

Seen them pump out over 300k dps on vim and vigor pre-EoK. Pretty good for a utility class that can tank everything!
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They already know what the issue with Enchanters is.
    Fadyena likes this.
  14. Siddar Augur

If you gets necro's nerfed because of this im going to be pissed.
    Vrinda, Gundolin and Azzurri like this.
  15. Drogba Augur

I wouldn't worry about necro's, I can go there with beserkers and rangers instead, or any dps class really, and get the same results basically.
  16. Minato Augur

You try to get monks nerfed ima have words >.<
  17. Dermel New Member

And the bard sittin over here wonderin when he gets a little lovin.

Talk about needing balance..
    Zenn, Tevik and Azzurri like this.
  18. Dramez Journeyman

I thought you said that the game was unbalanced, but you can "go there" with any class?
    Thraine likes this.
  19. Sancus Augur

He means he can do the same thing he did in the video with any DPS class for actually killing the mobs.
  20. ~Mills~ Augur

Bring necro pets down with them!! They are half as good but require 100% the same nerfs when mage pets do something strong.

Where is the tank savior guy with all his parses showing how pet incoming damage was so off they could handle 2 or even at times 3 mobs. He could show us 55 minute parses of PC tanks doing nothing and prove that this video isn't possible.

To be fair and its definitely different but all 3 tank classes can do this with just about any dps class. Obviously with varying degrees of difficulty based on which tank, which support and what type of dps they have.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.