Artisan's Prize question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by roth, Nov 30, 2016.

1. roth Augur

So, now that EoK has brought us TS AA's that raise tradeskill caps, does anyone know the exact correlation between skill gained and aug power increase?
  2. Kravn Augur

Varies by tradeskill, as some have more possible recipes than others.
    Yimin likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Can you explain more ? To further advance my Artisan's Prize I need to use new EoK TS recipes ? Or can older recipes be used? I also assume that this will be related to the new TS AA's.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Missed it earlier somehow, but TS books drop from nameds in EoK. Time for my little pally to get busy.
  5. Kravn Augur

Non trivial, non cultural recipes count towards your recipes known totals that advance your Prize.
  6. Brudal Augur

I'm up to 77% on my Aug, best guess is every 20 skill points cumulative gains 1%. I noticed the 1st bump after buying several initial ranks and had gained 24 skill points, when i hit 40 i gained another. Did see Phancy at 82% but magelo is not showing updated tradeskill values at the current time so can't confirm 20 per 1% increase.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

[IMG]

seem like the aug increased every time a tradeskill reached a extra 5 pts in a single tradeskil.
    On beta I betaed my toon 3 times and each time my skills was geting worse so unless the codes was changed in between then the # of known recipe varies per skill up is random.
  8. Hickers Elder

There are now 9 tradeskills that can be raised by AA for every class (baking, brewing, fishing, fletching, pottery, tailoring, smithing, research, jewelcraft), and as such those 9 skills will affect your Artisans Prize.

Therefore, there are 450 (9x50) skill points available after you spend the requisite AA's.

Just looking at AC, the Prize's baseline value is 75ac. So still 25ac to possibly gain. Divide those 450 points by 25, and it works out that for every 18 skill points you can gain across the 9 skills, you will see a 1ac increase on your Prize.

This is borne out by the numbers posted by Orbital above. Across the 9 skills he has gained 69 skill points. Divided by 18 = 3.8, and he has gained 3ac on his Prize. It would seem that the game doesn't round up, but if that math is correct, he will gain another 1 ac in 3 skill points time.
    Sirene_Fippy and Tucoh like this.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I thought Fishing and Research didn't effect this. I was hoping to avoid those lol ;)
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Many thanks for all of the responses. I am one of those strange folk who like tradeskills. This gives me a good incentive to work on them.
  11. Gillette Lorekeeper

It's a bit more complex than that.

12. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

Research skill did not effect the stats on the Artisan's Prize.

Additionally, trivial recipes DO count, as long as they are learnable.
  13. roth Augur

Thanks for the information everyone!
  14. Kilean-MT New Member

I verified that as soon as I had 90 total tradeskill points above 300(200 for fishing) I was at 80% on the aug. The math only works if research is included in the stats(as Hickers posted).
  15. Stephen51 Augur

I have a related question. I bought the 4th rank of Fletching mastery and my skill went up to 304/305. I compared my recipe knowledge to EQ Traders and spotted a could of recipes I didn't know where the triv is 302. Have I missed the boat on those recipes? Or will learning them count towards increasing my skill to 305?

If its no, should I have learned the recipes before I bought the AA, when my skill was 300? Would it have counted towards a skill up then?
  16. Kilean-MT New Member

I don't think trivial matters at all above 300. I've been learning jewelcraft recipes that were trivial at around 16 to 50 and was increasing my skill.
  17. Brudal Augur

Has anyone found any new fishing recipes not listed on eqtraders? I was able to get to 244/250 and 250/250 with Brell's fishing pole equipped. Based on the 2 & 3 recipes for a skill up that would be 15 undiscovered or new fish prepares or lures.
  18. roth Augur

I have not been checking eqtraders much over the past ten years. Have they been keeping up with fish? That might just be a new source of recipes.

Alternatively, perhaps there is something new to combine with the fishing flies to make new ones?

I do not know, I am only speculating here.
  19. Brudal Augur

I was able to find 1 old fish that now combines that was not listed. It will be a pain to track down the other 14ish.
  20. Red Ranger New Member

Thanks to everyone who has worked on this! I found a fishing guide somewhere in these forums and was able to max that at 250. Does anyone else have a list, checklist, spreadsheet, or guide for any other TS? I understand baking and brewing to be the biggest challenges, so ideally I will save those for last. EQtraders is difficult to navigate and compare (unless someone can give me pointers on what I'm doing wrong). Typically TS community is very collaborative, I hope someone has more and better info.

Here is the fishing guide originally posted by Adetia;
    http://tinyurl.com/fish250
    adetia likes this.