/pet gear report

Discussion in 'Casters' started by IblisTheMage, Nov 7, 2016.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

I was thinking that when launch of EoK calms down a bit, we could suggest to devs that they come up with a feature like /pet gear report. It should say "Loner tells you I am currently wearing " and then list the pets current equipment, with links to each piece, so that it could be inspected.

Yes, I would also like a Pet Gear Persistence -related AA, to allow pets to keep gear when they die, and other things in that direction, (to improve on pets in a manner that requires AA and requires player effort), but I think a /pet gear report is a humble enough request that it could be executed with only limited impact as well as dev effort, and then we take it from there. (I am speculating that writing a /pet gear report would only take a few hours).

But before taking this to the devs, perhaps we should collect some pro & con, so if you have any, fire away :)
    Goranothos and Felicite like this.
  2. fransisco Augur

why wait to ask for it the command.

The gear thing I doubt the devs will would allow. But the command would be great
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. Brohg Augur

Next you're going to ask for something nutty like knowing in game how many hp your pet has, or seeing your own pet's damage at any range. Magicians so demanding omg
  4. Outlander Engine Elder

Been a request from day one. I've never been given an adequate explanation on why they won't do it. Something about "breaking immersion" or some other nonsense.

/petreport should give current hp, manna, AC, stats and gear. Just a simple text list would be great.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

rofl
  6. Goranothos Augur

We are special snowflakes. ;)
  7. moogs Augur

If you want any new features at all, you should request them in the Daybreak Issue Tracker. There's already one there for this issue so you should sign in and +1 vote it up the ladder.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Good advice, thanks. I am brewing on an overall concept to bring forward to the mage comunity on the boards for discussion, as well as take it up with Warrior boards... I think a dialogue on what keeps balance is a good idea, and I think involving Warriors will go a long way to make lasting improvements that does not make other players unhappy.
  9. Sancus Augur

Please don't ask another class for approval before asking for something, especially when it's as simple as a QoL change.
  10. moogs Augur

Wondering what Warriors would need to approve for what is a pet class UI or /command feature. I don't see a balance change in allowing a pet owner to simply view existing data which is kept hidden. Class jealousy issues are stupid as hell.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

I believe there is a merit to my madness.

It is about the discipline of stakeholder management. By including a party that is potentially critical of mage pet tanking, and taking a good dialogue up front, a lot of potential ruccus downstream can be avoided, or at least reduced. I do a lot of this kind of stuff in my daily work, and I really good experience with this approach.

Another thing is that I think that the mage class can benefit long term from us being on good terms with warriors...
  12. Sancus Augur

Warriors are not a single entity. Most could care less about pets, and the small minority that's obsessed with class envy isn't going to be swayed.

It's a sad day if we have to get permission from other classes to figure out what gear our pet is wearing...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

Not permission, dialogue, and the thoughts I have go a lot farther than /pet gear report. Persistence and swapability, no-drop items, etc.
  14. moogs Augur

Outlander Engine likes this.
  15. Vaft_Gnome Lorekeeper

you can see what your pets wearing, it soooo easy.
    just do the chapterhouse mission with the monster mission part in it... as a mage, just jump into monster form, and die, when you die your pet will be there and be an npc.
    then kill the pet and loot him!

its so simple i dont see why you would want anything else
    moogs and IblisTheMage like this.
  16. Goranothos Augur

17. Outlander Engine Elder

18. fransisco Augur

This.
    All the mage hating tanks are not gonna care about any logic in your suggestion. They will simply say nerf mages because pets omgosh (While they swarm mobs in EoK).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

I was so young when I wrote that...
  20. Treage_Imminent Elder

My login here doesn't work on the tracker. I'm trying to up-vote with no success. Any idea why it won't let me use this same login/password?